MultiChoice Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplaces
Intern (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng27 August 2019
Good to develop and grow yourself inside and outside of the company. Friendly people willing to teach and good environment. Good benefits and look after their employees.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Content of work
5,0
Vibrant, diverse and relaxed workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Randburg25 August 2019
All challenges came with its own learning experiences and lessons. Mutual respect, honesty and integrity were a few of the core values of the company.
1,0
Environment and working hours bad
Customer Services Representative/Service Warrior (Former Employee) –  Randburg, Gauteng17 August 2019
Not a good place to work for. Working hours, salary and environment everything there is bad. No one enjoys working there we worked because we can't find the job that we looking for SA when it comes to employment is bad we end up doing things we don't enjoy. The service given to clients also bad. They hire daily because they don't want to pay people well. I don't regret leaving that place
Good company
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Randburg, Gauteng7 August 2019
It's a good company.gave me opportunity to grow and thought me a lot about working with customers and different people,time management,self decipline.
2,0
Was good at first until....
TAC Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Randburg5 August 2019
Was good until I reported to someone who made assumptions about our situation and started to slowly victimize me. He ensured that I did not enjoy my employment there.
Pros
Good company
Cons
There is a core team in the technology decision that thinks it is untouchable
3,0
Good company to work for
Inbound Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Randburg, Gauteng31 July 2019
Good company to work for,gained a lot if experience from it. Work life balance was ok as one gets to interact with a lot of people and get to know how to deal with different personalities.
4,0
It was great while it lasted
Customer Care Live Chat/Social Media Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Randburg, Gauteng30 July 2019
• Planning and ensure correct staffing at all times of day
• Ensure all staff have the requirements and the facilities required in advance to perform their daily duties
• Control all leave forms daily
• Assist with appropriate responses on Twitter/Facebook and the Forum
• Formulate statistics on sentiments on social media platforms
• Provide troubleshooting steps for escalation on the social media platforms
• Address discrepancies and non-compliance with the attendance register
• Ensure forward planning of leave schedules for year, including statutory leave for all staff
• Ensure that all communications from senior management are communicated to staff timeously, regularly and positively by holding weekly buzz sessions
• Initiate and participate in positive communication on issues of concern regularly with staff, other department Team Leaders and colleagues in other departments
• Manage daily / weekly and monthly productivity and staffing reports for management purposes
• Monitor performance against the targets and address discrepancies (good or bad)
• Address issues which affect productivity
• Monitor quality of all agents
• Address reasons for poor quality
• Continually strive to improve quality
• Recognize good performance
• Conduct an informal performance appraisal on a monthly basis and a formal performance appraisal every six months
• Ensure that technical escalations are handed over to the relevant departments and feedback provided with possible solutions to the stakeholders
Pros
Fun place to work and play hard
Cons
Shifts took away time from family
Great place to work!
Digital content editor (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng16 July 2019
A great place to work. MultiChoice has a great internal Human Capital system, they look after employees' needs and make sure that the environment is conducive. Great working culture, corporate without feeling like you're in a straight jacket.
Pros
pay, benefits, management
Cons
permanent staff treated differently to part-timers.
5,0
Great organisation to work for.
Contact center supervisor (Former Employee) –  Randburg, Gauteng9 July 2019
Multichoice has equiped me with managerial skills and experience that I possess. I worked for Multichoice for the past years and I am glad that I was part of the family.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Work like balance
work felt like home
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Randburg, Gauteng4 July 2019
I felt at home while I was still working or the company . The environment is very relaxed and easy going . I have learned patience since I was dealing with customer query daily. The hardest part of my job was management . The unfair treatment . Most enjoyable part was my job . I really loved helping customers.
Pros
Overtime rate
Cons
working weekends
Work Enivironment
Sr. Support Analyst (Informatica) (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng3 July 2019
Hi,

Good and challenges atmosphere here. need to solve any issue at EOD.

Good Environment.

Multichoice is group of DSTV and all telecommunication for all AFR countries.
4,0
Good company that gives young people a chance
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal19 June 2019
High customer service expectations and everyone works hard to exceed them, management could be better by choosing supervisors based on leadership people management abilities, rather than who has been working there the longest.
Pros
Its better than being unemployed
Cons
There is absolutely no reason for the service centre to be open 365 days a year
Very Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Call (Former Employee) –  Randburg, Gauteng19 June 2019
I totally disliked working there as I was temporary for a whole year and making very little money, very late hours and very ealy mornings were also a problem.
Cons
Long hours and little pay
good enviroment.wonder individuals .good persnality.well managed .good behavour
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  South Africa8 June 2019
Multichoice is a very good place to work , environment was welcoming ,enjoying dealing with customer had some fun events, had to years of experiencing at multichoice head office was dealing with sale as well and selling insurance at customer ,I enjoyed my work only problem is I was not perm for and its almost 4 years .some of the benefits that [permanent stuff got I could not get ..worked as a group did some activities In the group. Secondly my salary was not enough was still under agency .I performed and was one of the best consultant at multichoice.
Pros
vouchers .
Cons
long hours weekends in
unproductive
Digital Media Consultant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng7 June 2019
You work very long hours with minimal growth opportunities, as well as growth. There is no focus on the growth staff as well as their well being. Overall not a great organisation to work for.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng27 May 2019
It was not bad, nor good. The work place was workable but it had long hours and a small pay.
The management wasn't good at times but we had nothing to say
Pros
Cons
yes long hours
A Manager who encourages growth
Acting Field Services Admin Manager (Former Employee) –  Randburg, Gauteng27 May 2019
My Mentors and Managers taught me that knowledge gained needed to be shared and that empowering people only empowered you as a leader.

The knowledge I gained on a daily basis was purely sparked by trust by my leader that I will get the work done professionally and my thirst to learn more.

I grew tremendously as a Manager and as a person.
Pros
Flexible hours and work life balance
Cons
Lack of transparency
3,0
fun and productive working place
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Randburg, Gauteng23 May 2019
my experience at Multichoice was not a terrible experience. I also believe that one creates their own experiences. My major issue was the hours and depending on public transport at the time.
Pros
incentives
Productive and Worth While
Inbound Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Randburg, Gauteng18 May 2019
my typical day at work , was to sign in at work , get to my station, sign in on the work , network, and happily help clients wit queries.

I learned alot about communicating with , with clients and ,my co-workers. and punctuality.

The work place culture was casual and relaxed, which was fun.
The hardest part about the job was getting , clients to sign up to new products of Dstv.
The most enjoyable part was the co-worker , activities the company would host and competitions.
Pros
Free lunch and wifi
Cons
Shifts and overtime
5,0
Best company can one work for
Customer service consultant (Former Employee) –  Gauteng12 May 2019
Is a very good company that gives staff opportunity to upskill themselves
Is one company who doesn't limit staff to grow and learn
Its a company that incarage staff to come forward with new ideas by rewarding the person that came up with great idea
Pros
On special occasions
Cons
Normal hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MultiChoice. Our community is ready to answer.

3,5Work/Life Balance