MultiChoice

MultiChoice Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Challenging
You would need to challenge yourself to be better. Learn more on the good and bed of the company to know where you stand as a person, enjoy your work.
4,0
Working there was a great working experience
It was a great company to work for, as you got exposed to other multimedia fields.
The management style supported worklife balance including the SOP was not that restrictive
4,0
A good company to work for, Product knowledge training was provided at all times. We were given an opportunity to rate the organization.
A good company to work for, always coming up with different ways of improving customer service, providing training for employees and the was an incentive program in place to motivate employees.
3,0
A day in the world of entertainment. (DSTV- Contact centre)
My Day was an everyday reminder of how much more my potential could be used within the company flow and chain of things. I Felt Out of place most days.
Pros
Free Lunches when you work on Holiday and regular Games internally for incentives
Cons
Work not easily defined, and Inconsistent troubleshooting limited and lengthly turn around times to Irate clients.
fast paced

no growth

GREAT TEAM MEMBERS
Fun workplace
Odd hours till 23h00,
I learnt customer service system and to be firm and assisting team mates. The culture is great for young school leavers.

Answering none stop calls till shift end.

Helping customer smile
4,0
It's a good company to work in.
It is a big company that has many opportunities for growth.
The employees and managers are friendly.

The only problem is that the company uses employment agencies.
Competitive and adequately fun
My time at Multichoice was challenging and very educational.
Your typical day at work was servicing their customers while giving them an exceptional experience. I learnt how to dress, converse, look beautiful whilst doing my job. I learnt how to be tactful and adapt to continuous frequent change.

The workplace culture at the time tended to be toxic and monotonous. The hardest part of the job was having unsupportive management.

The enjoyable part of the job was the training and learning.
4,0
It's a good place and environment to work
If I had the opportunity, I'd go back with ease, it's a good place to work and the staff is matured and well coordinated. MCA is a great environment to work. It helps with the exposure as well.
5,0
Vibrant, diverse and relaxed workplace
All challenges came with its own learning experiences and lessons. Mutual respect, honesty and integrity were a few of the core values of the company.
1,0
Environment and working hours bad
Not a good place to work for. Working hours, salary and environment everything there is bad. No one enjoys working there we worked because we can't find the job that we looking for SA when it comes to employment is bad we end up doing things we don't enjoy. The service given to clients also bad. They hire daily because they don't want to pay people well. I don't regret leaving that place
4,0
Good company that gives young people a chance
High customer service expectations and everyone works hard to exceed them, management could be better by choosing supervisors based on leadership people management abilities, rather than who has been working there the longest.
Pros
Its better than being unemployed
Cons
There is absolutely no reason for the service centre to be open 365 days a year
1,0
Very Horrible
I totally disliked working there as I was temporary for a whole year and making very little money, very late hours and very ealy mornings were also a problem.
Cons
Long hours and little pay
good enviroment.wonder individuals .good persnality.well managed .good behavour
Multichoice is a very good place to work , environment was welcoming ,enjoying dealing with customer had some fun events, had to years of experiencing at multichoice head office was dealing with sale as well and selling insurance at customer ,I enjoyed my work only problem is I was not perm for and its almost 4 years .some of the benefits that [permanent stuff got I could not get ..worked as a group did some activities In the group. Secondly my salary was not enough was still under agency .I performed and was one of the best consultant at multichoice.
Pros
vouchers .
Cons
long hours weekends in
5,0
Best company can one work for
Is a very good company that gives staff opportunity to upskill themselves
Is one company who doesn't limit staff to grow and learn

Its a company that incarage staff to come forward with new ideas by rewarding the person that came up with great idea
Pros
On special occasions
Cons
Normal hours
Strenuous and draining
On a normal day to day basis, work would be fine besides the fact that clients can be unrealistic demanding beyond your expectations. I have learned to stay prepared to assist the client with any difficulties that they would encounter with the company's product.

Management wasn't so good at all. Often times we as the customer representatives, we would pick up the issues that the clients are facing then try to seek for assistance from the management, however we wouldn't receive feedback on the ET. Which then that would require us to find our own solution to the problem, then that's when the company gives us a heads up with the same solution we as employees suggested.

Th hardest part of the job it was really hectic, especially with the system. Sometimes it would be offline of which that would create furious calls from clients.

The enjoyable was when everything was fine from the system and you're able to workout any problem the client encounters. Also, they would buy us Nandos very month end.
Pros
Free Lunch sometimes
Cons
Indeed very long hours
Fun workspace
Abit of pressure on objectives that need to be met.
No full support for workers.

Being permanent never told when conversions will be made.

Great support from colleagues
3,0
A typical day at work would be dealing with customer queries via social media platforms. I learnt a lot about Multichoice and DStv as a company. The Management was good depending on which Supervisor was in. Most management would be-little the employees.The culture was very diverse which made work fun. I learnt new things everyday. A part of the job I enjoyed the most would be when I was able to assist a customer and they were happy and satisfied.
Pros
The environment
Cons
There was no time to grow as a person as it was shift work.
Productive and fun
long uneasy hours worked, lines could often get really busy, did manage to learn a lot about all DSTV systems knowledge that has stuck with me to this day, friendly environment.
Pros
Cons
Long busy hours
fun workplace
It's a great company to work for. one of my colleagues got sick and they called an ambulance, she was taken to hospital, management kept checking on her. at work we respect each other, what i don't like about multichoice is the long hours we work sometimes. when we get the incentives and get awarded for a job well done/recognition
Pros
free lunches
fun workplace
Multichoice is a good company to work for as it also has lots of benefits.we mostly assisting customers with their decoders and accounts and the hardest part is working on weekends and holidays.
Pros
subsidized subscription
Cons
working holidays and weekends
Ask a question about working or interviewing at MultiChoice. Our community is ready to answer.
3,5