MultiChoice

MultiChoice Employee Reviews

3,0
Workibg conditions. .and people in my work place
Sometimes my work was very busy..had to bear unfairly treatment from customers but it was worth a while
In the meantime the work was not that bad ..just the salary
Pros
15 minutes lunch
1,0
Motivation and growth
I currently work for Multichoice (inbound) call center, I started working there from 2015 to date, I’m a hardworker,team player and can work under pressure.
Pros
Motivations
Productive workplace
A place where one can learn a lot and also has potential to grow within the company if possible.An enviroment where one can get the necessary experience for good customer services.
Pros
Salary is managable
Cons
No fixed hours
Best job experience
I enjoyed every aspect of Multichoice since I started working there. Everyone is treated as equals and the company is a great example of companies that help employees develop themselves, regular in-house training programs and open days to get all divisions of the company to get together to learn more about what they do. Open Days for employees to celebrate new launches or special events like Big Brother and Idols. I thoroughly enjoyed working with the people of Multichoice and I am grateful that I had the opportunity to work there to obtain the experience of a lifetime.
Pros
Free satellite subscription, free goodies during open days and new launches
5,0
Most enjoyable place to work
Pros
Free cable subscription, free goodies during launches and open days
Cons
no cons
Project management introduction
As a project coordinator we have to ensure that we communicate channels open between with the team, management and other members involved with the project and the communication channels are always open understood. I have worked all types of I.T projects, such as creating vendors updating Excel documents such as the APMD document. I would be assisting with deployments or implementing new programs or software’s developed by the team. The ability to give access to the database for colleges upon request. Attending meeting to follow upon customers’ requirements for development of new programs or software and taking minutes and sending it via email. Creating and sending out weekly reports (Daily Update of Projects) and monthly reports of the previous month and all projects worked on or changes done such as enhancements or debugging.
Pros
Employee supplied with many free multichoice products
Productive and fun
long uneasy hours worked, lines could often get really busy, did manage to learn a lot about all DSTV systems knowledge that has stuck with me to this day, friendly environment.
Pros
Cons
Long busy hours
Its Ok
As a manager your ability to take disciplinary action is minimal.
Management is held Hostage by the line staff.

Very racial environment and if you are a non African you are made aware of it.

However if you are African it is a great company to work for and great career growth opportunities. I highly recommend it.
3,0
Fast paced and very creative and innovative employees
A typical day at work begins with a daily stand-up meeting where you give an update of what you are working on, what you need help with and any suggestions to improve productivity in the team.
What i learned is being a team player, being flexible and having confidence in myself so that i can convince people how good i am in my job.

Management styles differ from manager to manager but generally i would say there needs to be a huge improvement how managers manage their teams

The workplace culture is very fast paced and the employees are friendly and welcoming to assist when needed. There are a lot of events that take place at the office to allow employees to engage with each other.

The hardest part about the job is building a relationship of trust with your external customers.

The most most enjoyable part about the job is being given complete ownership and being accountable for your job.
Productive and fun
Multi choice was one of the best companies I ever worked for. Being part of the world of entertainment was the best. Being able to help people with there viewing was amazing.
Pros
Free giveaways
Cons
Manageable hours
fun workplace
It's a great company to work for. one of my colleagues got sick and they called an ambulance, she was taken to hospital, management kept checking on her. at work we respect each other, what i don't like about multichoice is the long hours we work sometimes. when we get the incentives and get awarded for a job well done/recognition
Pros
free lunches
Multichoice is good company
I enjoy working for Multichoice but now I feel like it's time for to grow and learn new things in new company get new challenges as I feel I have so much to offer my current position is not giving me what I need right now
Pros
Discount on Dsvt products
Cons
Working weekends n public holidays
Very Productive agile environment
As the Senior Product Manager I use the agile approach, I develop and implement new digital strategies and drive conversion optimization that will ensure stability and performance of our online platforms across Africa for DStv and GOtv. Defining and driving the product roadmap. Data and insights drives the decisions to optimize the execution using split testing. I work closely with the marketing team to generate campaign pages to drive acquisition.

The environment is fast paced so things are changing constantly and as they say Africa is no for the faint hearted. We drive deliverables in over 409 different countries and have to make sure our customers adapt.

Team work is great, we more like family.
Pros
You learn something new everyday
Cons
Long hours and hard labour
Hard work
Not many regional opportunities. Salaries are fair. Medical aid is too expensive. Management is fair. Shift work is required. Not much interaction with staff from other regions
Pros
good salary
Cons
little encouragement
fun workplace
Multichoice is a good company to work for as it also has lots of benefits.we mostly assisting customers with their decoders and accounts and the hardest part is working on weekends and holidays.
Pros
subsidized subscription
Cons
working holidays and weekends
4,0
fun work place, salary and converstion
Multichoice is a fun place to work at but they have issues with them converting their staff from temp to permanent and the agencies not treating their staff according to the company values. They have great incentives in place to keep their staff motivated and their values are great and in line when it comes to customer service excellence.
Pros
free lunch, incentives, company discounts on tickets
Cons
long hours, agencies and conversions to permanent
4,0
Productive place and fun people to work with
The work environment is not strict with dress code, there are flexibility with time management. You are able to study and work. The work life balance is great depending on the position and department you are in.
Pros
Education bursaries, discounted DStv subs
Cons
Slow growth for career
2,0
productive high pressured work place
i would deal with queries ,worked flexi shifts ,i learned that im good with resolving technical and billing queries ,maganement was ok i guess and didnt get them ...work place was full of energetic people ,dealing with irrate customers was a obstical in the begining ..i loved talking to clients and resolving queries know that i can taken out of my comfort zone felt good
Pros
paly qiuzes and win prizes and over time
Cons
flexi shifts
Great company
Great company to work for. Learned a lot while working here. No issues with the company. There's constant change which teaches people to adapt easily to different environments.
Energetic & Fulfilling space
Working at Multichoice is one of those experiences where, when you wake up its no issue at all to get to work. The environment is fresh, and energetic. People listen and respect your ideas. Create place to learn.
Pros
Benefits are good, looks well after their employees
5,0
good
Its a great company to work for good people. Team work is important and they motivate their worker to work hard.You get to assist customer with different queries and learn a lot.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at MultiChoice. Our community is ready to answer.
3,5