Murray & Roberts

Murray & Roberts Employee Reviews

5,0
All was well and the work standard was well
I've gained a lot of experience at Murray n Robert and in most cases is all about understanding, coping and how to work with different people at the same time.
5,0
Productive, sometimes challenging but satisfying.
Typical day at work, planning, organizing, scheduling and completion of daily tasks in co-ordination with welding department/metallurgists. Good marriage between management and employees. Workplace was sometimes difficult, because of the fact that we had an open plan office. The most enjoyable part of my job was achieving our goals and zero percent infringement rate.
Fast past
Doing the buying for more than one project across the country i am always busy, i also do tender buying which means i also learn a lot of new things with all the different tenders we work on
Productive and vibrant environment
Sequencing of daily activities to expedite, a better person around difficult people, learning to lead people, when the team works the plan together.
Pros
incentive for performing critical tasks in paralell to daily scheduled activities.
Cons
Long hours when there are critical deadlines.
Safety first committed
Every morning tool box talk and safety talk. I dit enjoy working for murray&Robert's yes you work hard but you learn commissioning of plant /boiler your day is never the same there is trouble soothing on pyps motors belts valves installing of equipment on time
productive engineering
working for such a well known organisation gave me a confidence that with my qualification and experience i gained, i can open any door in the industry. i worked with patient qualified engineers which they gave me a quality training.
productive and goodz
murrayand roberts is a company that give workers skills and knowledge to empower themselves .it believe in individual development.when u work for them u feel at home.
Safety comes first at MRPE
Best company to work for at the moment in the southern hemisphere, looks after its employees, good accommodation, free transportation, best ppe for work, verymuch innovative company and pays well.
Productive and fast pace
I would recommend any guys or lady lies who want to work at Murray and Roberts you will get the best training available to your career and you won't be disappointed.
Productive fast paced
Allways busy
Alot about ducting as most of my entails piping and plate.

Fair.

Artisans were a bit spoilt.

Startt-up of production.

Selling the job to the client
Productive workplace
Was nice working there learned a lot of new things there and the people is always help full. Will work for Murray & Roberts any time again.
Murray & Roberts are a dedicated company and also the employees working there.
5,0
Working nicely and earned well
Working side is perfect but noisy,and u have to be careful while operating and u have to do checklist and risk assessment before working everyday .thanks
4,0
Good benefits, productive and fantastic workplaces
Murray & Roberts is a very splendid company to work for, I have learned to work as a team, they even sent me for trainings to ensure that I am qualified for my occupations, management is very well established.
Pros
Safety bonuses, gifts and events
5,0
Murray and Roberts is the best ever company I have worked for and and meet all my needs and enjoyed myself without being discriminated for a
I would like to thank those who put their trusts and hopes in me me when I joined that company and really believe that Murray and Roberts is the most important thing I've ever worked for and enjoyed myself from engineers to the Forman and the colleagues
3,0
Great Company in a crippling industry
Due to the economic climate and corruption with tenders in South-Africa, Murray and Roberts' Power & Water industry is struggling to win tenders for profitable jobs. As one of the last construction and Project management companies in South Africa not running bankrupt, it is relying on their mining platform to stay afloat until corruption is removed from the country.

The environment was extremely high pressure with a steep learning curve, but posed ample opportunities to lead and manage people from physically managing construction works, coordinating projects, and acting as a bid leader on multiple tenders for large projects provided me with a strong technical knowledge base of the construction industry - business and technical aspects, understanding of people and management expectations, and also with teamwork skills applicable across the board. All the while trying to find the most efficient and cost effective way of tackling problems.
4,0
Great environment to work in
Mostly setting out and asbuilt surveys
The environment fairly demanding due to harsh climate conditions

Workplace culture was the diverse one

Techically a very challenging one
2,0
Help me to get job on underground mines whether in Australia,Canada or DRC
Iam an experienced LHD/drill rig operator looking for best future basically in underground mines in Australia, Canada or DRC hopefully my dreams will be settled.
Good productive at all
Poor management that looks after them rather workers .I've work hard to put my effort on but at the end of day you get what you worked for .many achievements we dind get it .still pain full for me
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Working long hours not paid
3,0
good working environment
Working at Murray&Roberts helps me to gain more experience and knowledge about construction environment, my wish or dreams is to get a full time job with them. safety is number one priority
Pros
free accomodation and food
Cons
9.5 hours
Productive and safety first
Safety comes first on every task and PPE is priority at all times. They pay well and on time always.it was a great experience to work on big projects.
Pros
Free lunch and accomodation
Cons
Working on the weekend
Lot of pressure
We done the boilers
There was Structural, pipping and turbines.

Contractor was Alstom and there was also long hours.

They look after they people you must do proper Quality work.

Safety is one of their big steps.

There was no problem with tools for the work on a request on tools they make sure it is in time to complete your work
Pros
Free accommodation transport to work and back home
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Murray & Roberts. Our community is ready to answer.
4,2