Nampak Employee Reviews

4,0
A place of work where there is continuous learning
Investor Relations Junior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng19 February 2019
Working at Nampak is really a journey of learning from when you commence with your job. There are quite a few Nampak tailored programmes that are provided to employees to develop themselves and climb the corporate ladder. There is also an encouragement from management for employees to pursue further studies. Working hours are not particularly strict they are flexible at Nampak head office. Learning also takes place in your job where you are given tasks that you have done before every now and again.
Pros
Not strick on working hours
Cons
Not that I can think of at the moment
5,0
good
receiving (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng7 November 2018
very good company to work for.
I have learned a lot .Management look after the people and is always willing to assist
i enjoyed everyday at work .
people is friendly and always assisting where they can
we worked as a team
Working World Class Packaging Company
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Springs, Gauteng27 August 2018
The day normally starts with a review of the previous day's performance in a manufacturing meeting. Assess the constrains and implement corrective action to continually improve performance. The organisations embark continuously on cost savings projects like material down gauging, energy savings etc. There was always bottom up approach between employees and management. The culture is team based. The ability to effectively run production and simultaneously develop or commission new product in conjunction with vendor makes our job challenging.Having a good relationship across the value chain makes my job very enjoyable
Pros
Working in a very competetive market
Cons
Seasonal market
productive
Millwright (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal16 May 2018
a typical day at work involves strategy ,making sure everything is kept running smoothly to ensure optimum turn over.
ive learnt that it is open to be transparent with management and that discussions always pave the way forward .

Happy employees equate to optimal production.
Pros
close to home friendly people
Cons
long days
Good company
Slitting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal13 May 2018
Well I also learned alot, a warm welcoming place to be, the management ensured that we enjoyed coming to work and we are happy and good at what we are doing.
Pros
Gainshare
Cons
Working under pressure
Happy with current position
Manufacturing Manager (Current Employee) –  Epping, Western Cape15 January 2018
I am happy with current position, but not sure of future.
Don’t know if we will still have employment in the next year going forward. Were always very happy and positive to be a employee of Nampak. Always gave my outmost to contribute to the success of the business.
Pros
Long service with the company.
Cons
Will loose some benefits if I change employment now.
Production and sales company
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  South Africa31 July 2017
This position taught me the value of knowing ones product and the importance that knowledge makes in the sales field. It was a good grounding to develop independent workplace habits.
Pros
Working out of the office
Cons
Long trips away from home
Productive.traning provided
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng8 July 2017
I enjoyed working there.they provide traning on their machinery.they
are very helpfull.the working conditions are good.the employees are always there to show you how things work.
Pros
Good working condition
2,0
Interview promises
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Bryanston, Gauteng20 June 2017
The SCA business is in the top 3 nappy producers globally and is a large business. They began hiring when they decided to split the Joint Venture with NamPak.

We were hired by NamPak under the disguise of a large business and then were given promises about massive growth in the new stand alone organization.

Global teams do not want to invest in Africa, we were sold a dream that doesn't exist.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
poor management
5,0
Great place to kick start your career
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal3 June 2017
Friendly workforce, very passionate about training at all levels of the organization and very stable workforce, people work and retire 40 years later.
Pros
product development new initiatives
Cons
No cons
Multi -Skilled Artisan (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal28 March 2017
I enjoy my workplace and environment. I also feel I need a change of environment and I want to be exposed to other firms where I can grow further and be beneficial to a company from what I have gained over my years of broad experience.
General Day
Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng16 January 2017
Nampak is really a good company, even working in the IT department you get exposed to how things are made when you go to the factory's.
always friendly co-workers
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Long hours when DR testing
love my work at Nampak
Logistics Officer (Current Employee) –  Vanderbijlpark, Gauteng13 January 2017
Need to took for new Opportunities.
Can not grow where I am at this moment.
I need new challenges in my working environment

I love to go to work everyday
I learned allot form my co-workers and Management over the years I'm at Nampak. I have ample patience and is a hard driven person.

My hardest part of my job daily is to make sure the lines is running smooth and have a good coverage of RPM for the 24hr shift run's.

I love to handle all the invoicing of stock out and receiving of stock levels, stock counts, and customer complaints, versus the credits.
And the trust that all my co-workers have in me for daily talks and all the advise I can give them. I have a very good bond with everybody in my Work place. I love to work with people in General.
Informative, Growth
Warehouse & Stores controller (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal21 August 2016
Nampak has taught me a lot of responsibility and the ability to work with other people. Taught me leadership skills and communication as I work with the various stake holders within the company ranging from sales to production and stores.

I have been exposed to a lot of projects ranging from warehousing and inventory management projects which aimed at reducing operational costs.
Pros
Learning, growth, leadership
Cons
long hours, order
too productive
Supervisor assistant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal20 June 2016
i learn a lot of things in this company , i learn how to deal with different peoples emotional peoples, and i also learn how to work with other peoples.
Pros
own lunch
Cons
depanding
PA to HR Manager
Admin Assistant / HR Secretary (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng1 June 2016
Day to day HR Functions.
Introducing new staff to company.
Filing
diary management
enjoyed to work with staff within the company with HR matters
Supportive
Electrical Draughtsman/Technician (Current Employee) –  Pretoria-Noord, Gauteng1 March 2016
The Job I do every day is very challenging. Supporting all 5 Nampak/Bevcan plants it gives me pleasure. Working with supportive management is also very encouraging. Its more challenging to work with plant that is out side South Africa,sometimes I get feed back after three days. Apart from that, my job is enjoyable.
Pros
Free meal tickets on birthday
Cons
Extra hours, but woth it.
Free and demanding environment
Key Accounts Manager (Western Cape) (Current Employee) –  Epping 2 Cape town2 December 2015
Honour appointments with clients regarding,

Forecasts
account queries
Product complaints
Pricing issues
New product developments

Management allows me to make decisions and support me

I engage with production people,planners and logistics

Having to engage with production people to see the bigger picture

Delivering on time and in full
Pros
Academic development supported & independant thinking
Cons
Growth is limited
Financially driven company
DEMAND PLANNER (Current Employee) –  Durban, ZN17 November 2015
Great company to work for in terms of security, but the company has started focusing into africa leaving the south african companies with no investment.
Pros
security, promotions
Cons
long hours, poor salaries
5,0
Educational, mental demanding, diversified, satisfaction.
Technical officer (Current Employee) –  Bloemfontein22 July 2015
Daily workload is generally high, but can be accommodated if you have a well organized and willing team. Information and skill development is a huge part of the platform that relates to your effectiveness.
Respect diversity in the workplace, adapt and develop accordingly.
Not every person can be an efficient and effective manager, but merit needs to be taken into consideration.
Co-workers can be your solid foundation if fairness and humanity is open and truthfull.
Absenteeism and/or strikes places a huge burden and strain on the manufacturing enviroment.
People, opportunity and job satisfaction is of a very pleasing life adding value.
Pros
Lots learned and montly coffee rations.
Cons
Seasonal overtime.