Nando's Employee Reviews

we had competitions
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng13 May 2018
Nandos is a good work place.I worked there for 4 years and 7months.I Enjoyed every minute I spend there. working at Nandos was like I'm working in a family company. I'm passionate being a chef, even tough at the Nandos panorama they never gave me a chance to grow in this real world of work.
Pros
free staff meal
Cons
8hours
fun workplace
TRAINING SENIOR MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Plattekloof, Western Cape9 May 2018
i enjoyed working at nando's. i learned alot at nando's. it was a team place and there was a lot to learn. i enjoyed working with my team members that was working under me. they learned alot about me and i learned alot about them. i could count on them
Productive fun workplace
Waitron (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg CBD27 April 2018
Working has being a nice experience. I got to learn more about the art of grilled food and the staff too is great.have positive attitude fun to be around and loving.
Pros
Free medical aid
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Limpopo19 April 2018
Has good benefits , working environment is the best , there are a lot of opportunities within the company itself , credit is always given where due,sometimes the working hours can be a bit straining but worth it at the end , sells the best products and I love the knowledge and experience one gains especially when you put your heart and mind to it .
Pros
Free staff meals, career opportunities
Cons
productive and fun place. You get to meet different people with different characteristics
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng18 April 2018
Working at Nandos is fun but most of the time is exhausting. If you are not physically fit, you encounter difficulties meeting your target.

I have learned; how to communicate better with clients, new languages, avoiding conflicts in the workplace, good/ethical behavior, and more.

Management is good, we worked well together to reach expected goals.

The hardest part of the job is running around or being on your feet almost the whole day and the shift ending late around 11pm thus resulting limited transport and lacking security.

The most enjoyable part is when Management notices your hard work and being rewarded for it.
Pros
free lunches
in good progress
Front Griller (Current Employee) –  Polokwane, Limpopo17 April 2018
nando's is good company to work for and treatment of their employees are equal.for me to work ther opens me a lot of opportunity and skills that i will use
Pros
free stuff meal
Very well teamwork
waitress and cashier (Former Employee) –  Nandos George Western Cape4 April 2018
Helped build people skills
Enjoyed working with food and people
Worked well under pressure as a team
Management was fine
Hardest was working double shifts
Pros
Got 50% discount
Cons
Public holidays and late shifts
productive workplace
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape31 March 2018
It was fun working for nando's. I got to interact with different customers which helped me gain great customer communication skills. The experience also helped in gaining experience in working as a unit with colleagues.
Pros
free lunches
nice &fun and good teamwork
Back & Front griller,skills trainer (Former Employee) –  Gauteng28 March 2018
Its was very nice to work in this company ,if u had a complain it solved in a good standard. They were also taking their time to teach more about this hospitality in rastuarant
Pros
deducted for luch
Cons
normal hours
it is a family enviroment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng18 March 2018
a typical day at work starts in the early hours in the morning with making sure everything from preparations is up to date to the staff ,i have learnt a lot especially when dealing with customers, the service you give determines the growth of your business.in a workplace like nandos you live by values which are family, courage, integrity, pride. The job is not very hard as if you pass your audits, surveys and the customers are happy and the staff is well taken care of then all is well.
Pros
family enviroment
Cons
less off days
waitress and cashier (Former Employee) –  Birchleigh , gauteng10 March 2018
They are a good company with good intentions , they do pay well compared to other supermarkets. They hire a lot. But otherwise I enjoyed my time with them.
Pros
Overtimes
Cons
It is good working there
Call center,cashier and co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Gauteng19 February 2018
Im a hard worker and i commit myself to my job and and always willing to learn more to to get an experience,communication and understanding is my thing
playing campus games with my team members, which has to be done every friday at my work place
Front Griller & Prep (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal15 February 2018
Its a hard working environment which needs physically and mental fit person, and the thing that keeps me going is being passionate about my job, being a bread winner at home and to my 2 children.
Pros
we get free staff meal 1\4 chicken & roll
Cons
9 hours
it is very fun working at nandos
co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng15 February 2018
working is fun you get to know people learn different things .I ve learned how to deal with customers. how to handle pressure. even though I enjoy....
Pros
we get free staff meals
Cons
sometimes we work long hours
good place
front griller packer (Former Employee) –  polokwane14 February 2018
People they enjoying to eat at this restaurant cause food are so delicious any time, people enjoy food cause all the time are hot an fresh an even soft drinks at cold all the time
Pros
free lunch
Sales Exacutive (Former Employee) –  Durban North, KwaZulu-Natal8 February 2018
Typical day at work it between Wednesday n Friday,I have learn to work under pressure with good management.staff are friendly and respectful,when more customers are waiting for their orders because of some delays that is the hardest part of the job.and the enjoyable part is when during the day when the are less customers.
Pros
Free Lunch
Friendly passion family intergrity
cashier (Current Employee) –  Benoni, Gauteng4 February 2018
I've learn a lot at this job about dealing with your customer right and listening skills be friendly all the time love your job respect your customer and staff
Pros
Free staff meal
Cons
Tips
Enjoyed working for the co.
cashier/waitress (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal3 February 2018
Nandos was a company who take the full responsibility of their staff when you on duty,giving their staff chances to grow in your career as a Nandocas.
Pros
Staff meals
Good work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brackenfell31 January 2018
Nandos is a major brand that cares a lot about people.Customers are satisfied with service and quality of food.Have visited a couple of stores and was satisfied.
Pros
Lunch and good staff welfare
Cons
More opportunities for in house employees, could be achieved
overall great place to work at
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Mafikeng, North West30 January 2018
I started working there last year and I have enjoyed working there,the management is encouraging and pushes us to do well, the work environment is fun and very productive.
Pros
free lunch and great benefits
Cons
long hours standing