Nando's Employee Reviews

funworking place
Waiter (Former Employee) –  south africa benoni13 September 2018
You got tips by the way you talk to customers by judging its a fine and a nice place to work its a friendly place and the manager is too friendly by the way he do his things
Pros
free launch
Cons
no long hours
Not a fun place to work at
Waitress and coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bloemfontein, Free State11 September 2018
The job is depressing, also life threatening because of you'll get sick often because of always standing and carrying heavy things, plus the hours are ridiculous
It was a great thing to meet different people everyday.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  City of Johannesburg, Gauteng6 September 2018
Working at Nandos was a great experience for me because l got to meet new people everyday.Most of the time tiring because one has to be on their feet whole day.The most enjoyable part of the job was when we were done for the day because we knew we had to rest and offcause having lunch or supper because the food was very delicious .
Pros
free lunches, meeting new people everyday because that gives one a much better way of approaching different people
Cons
It was too busy, also meeting troubled customers
fun and enjoyed working there you get to meet many people
back and front house (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng6 September 2018
Nandos sandrigde is a very busy shop in mildrand many companies buy from there so if you work there you must be able to work under pressure and always remember customers and always right cleanness
Pros
Get stuff meals
Cons
normal hour
long hours standing but exciting
co ordinater/waiter (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape N1 city14 August 2018
the vacancy was a fruitful experience and peers was pleasant
in the working place, even though as the day enrolls tiredness would take place but however i managed to go through the day
Pros
free lunch
Cons
7 hours
Hard working and energetic environment
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng7 August 2018
To work at Nandos was fun, though it required patience as it is not easy working with customers they have different personalities and preferences.Management was professional.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
long hours on foot
Typical day at work - When its busy
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng30 July 2018
When its busy at work - its found to be a lot of fun as such movements help you realize your ability to work and work with others a team and customers.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Standing to long
Manager
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal9 July 2018
Good organization but salary was not enough,but shame it was a very good stepping stone for me and I gained lot of experience from NANDOS,I would love to work in such an environment again but with better salary .
Pros
Free lunches
Lovely
cashier (Former Employee) –  Tsakane, Gauteng6 June 2018
Working at nandos brought a great job experience. The environment was good and all staff was very good. Management did all in their powers making sure that the staff goes to all workshops provided by the head office.
Pros
Free lunches and incetives
Cons
8 hours shifts
we had competitions
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng13 May 2018
Nandos is a good work place.I worked there for 4 years and 7months.I Enjoyed every minute I spend there. working at Nandos was like I'm working in a family company. I'm passionate being a chef, even tough at the Nandos panorama they never gave me a chance to grow in this real world of work.
Pros
free staff meal
Cons
8hours
fun workplace
TRAINING SENIOR MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Plattekloof, Western Cape9 May 2018
i enjoyed working at nando's. i learned alot at nando's. it was a team place and there was a lot to learn. i enjoyed working with my team members that was working under me. they learned alot about me and i learned alot about them. i could count on them
Productive fun workplace
Waitron (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg CBD27 April 2018
Working has being a nice experience. I got to learn more about the art of grilled food and the staff too is great.have positive attitude fun to be around and loving.
Pros
Free medical aid
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Limpopo19 April 2018
Has good benefits , working environment is the best , there are a lot of opportunities within the company itself , credit is always given where due,sometimes the working hours can be a bit straining but worth it at the end , sells the best products and I love the knowledge and experience one gains especially when you put your heart and mind to it .
Pros
Free staff meals, career opportunities
Cons
productive and fun place. You get to meet different people with different characteristics
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng18 April 2018
Working at Nandos is fun but most of the time is exhausting. If you are not physically fit, you encounter difficulties meeting your target.

I have learned; how to communicate better with clients, new languages, avoiding conflicts in the workplace, good/ethical behavior, and more.

Management is good, we worked well together to reach expected goals.

The hardest part of the job is running around or being on your feet almost the whole day and the shift ending late around 11pm thus resulting limited transport and lacking security.

The most enjoyable part is when Management notices your hard work and being rewarded for it.
Pros
free lunches
in good progress
Front Griller (Current Employee) –  Polokwane, Limpopo17 April 2018
nando's is good company to work for and treatment of their employees are equal.for me to work ther opens me a lot of opportunity and skills that i will use
Pros
free stuff meal
Very well teamwork
waitress and cashier (Former Employee) –  Nandos George Western Cape4 April 2018
Helped build people skills
Enjoyed working with food and people
Worked well under pressure as a team
Management was fine
Hardest was working double shifts
Pros
Got 50% discount
Cons
Public holidays and late shifts
productive workplace
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape31 March 2018
It was fun working for nando's. I got to interact with different customers which helped me gain great customer communication skills. The experience also helped in gaining experience in working as a unit with colleagues.
Pros
free lunches
nice &fun and good teamwork
Back & Front griller,skills trainer (Former Employee) –  Gauteng28 March 2018
Its was very nice to work in this company ,if u had a complain it solved in a good standard. They were also taking their time to teach more about this hospitality in rastuarant
Pros
deducted for luch
Cons
normal hours
it is a family enviroment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng18 March 2018
a typical day at work starts in the early hours in the morning with making sure everything from preparations is up to date to the staff ,i have learnt a lot especially when dealing with customers, the service you give determines the growth of your business.in a workplace like nandos you live by values which are family, courage, integrity, pride. The job is not very hard as if you pass your audits, surveys and the customers are happy and the staff is well taken care of then all is well.
Pros
family enviroment
Cons
less off days
waitress and cashier (Former Employee) –  Birchleigh , gauteng10 March 2018
They are a good company with good intentions , they do pay well compared to other supermarkets. They hire a lot. But otherwise I enjoyed my time with them.
Pros
Overtimes