Nando's Employee Reviews

Found 211 reviews matching the search See all 1 722 reviews
2,0
Not a good place to work at
Runner (Former Employee) –  South Africa22 November 2018
Good thing about Nandos s to be friendly with customers and make sure customers are happy. Making friend was good also and lunch was free sometimes...
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Lot of work no good pay
Fun Place to work and Healthy environment
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal12 November 2018
I enjoyed working for Nandos,I learnt a lot about team work and communication skills. It also taught me how to communicate with Different kind of people In different levels and language's.
Pros
We had Staff party, free meals and Sports day
Cons
Long hours, Drunk customers
Funny working
waiteress (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng6 November 2018
I never really get tips my nandos was for indians so thy harldy tipped .l loved the uniform.how we kept the place clean and making sure our customers are happy
Pros
Long lunch hours
Cons
Long working hours
Fun and enjoyable
cashier (Former Employee) –  Germiston, Gauteng5 November 2018
Working at Nandos is very very fun and I enjoyed my every day experience there, Nandos cares about its employees and its customers a lot. Nandos also gives its employees opportunities to grow. So I don't regret working for Nandos for all these years.
Pros
There is a free staff meal.
Cons
The hours are normal
Good place to work on
Waitron (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng2 November 2018
Good and clean I can recommend people to work you gain more experience and you get to know people with different race it's the good place to learn and understand customers it's a very busy environment with lot of pressure and it's easy to handle it beside manager when start shouting
Pros
No lunch
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Krugersdorp, Gauteng25 October 2018
I love Nando's because it teaches you alot and it have so many opportunities.you jst don't have a specific job inside Nando's,thy train you in every station.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long unpaid hours
Nando's boardwalk
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape4 October 2018
we worked shirts 4 til 2 0r 3am we worked as team i enjoyed working there a lot .....i worked as chishier bt when its buzy i was a general worker help
Pros
they gave us quarter nd a rol then
Cons
we worked 8hrs shift nd overtimes when its busy
funworking place
Waiter (Former Employee) –  south africa benoni13 September 2018
You got tips by the way you talk to customers by judging its a fine and a nice place to work its a friendly place and the manager is too friendly by the way he do his things
Pros
free launch
Cons
no long hours
2,0
Not a fun place to work at
Waitress and coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bloemfontein, Free State11 September 2018
The job is depressing, also life threatening because of you'll get sick often because of always standing and carrying heavy things, plus the hours are ridiculous
Produtive
Front Griller (Former Employee) –  Hillbrow, Gauteng9 September 2018
I learned that challenges at work you have to stand for them and be strong. The workplace culture you become used as you work. The most enjoyable day is when you are working Friday and Saturday because its busy.
Pros
Working until late
Cons
Working Sundays
3,0
It was a great thing to meet different people everyday.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  City of Johannesburg, Gauteng6 September 2018
Working at Nandos was a great experience for me because l got to meet new people everyday.Most of the time tiring because one has to be on their feet whole day.The most enjoyable part of the job was when we were done for the day because we knew we had to rest and offcause having lunch or supper because the food was very delicious .
Pros
free lunches, meeting new people everyday because that gives one a much better way of approaching different people
Cons
It was too busy, also meeting troubled customers
4,0
fun and enjoyed working there you get to meet many people
back and front house (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng6 September 2018
Nandos sandrigde is a very busy shop in mildrand many companies buy from there so if you work there you must be able to work under pressure and always remember customers and always right cleanness
Pros
Get stuff meals
Cons
normal hour
3,0
long hours standing but exciting
co ordinater/waiter (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape N1 city14 August 2018
the vacancy was a fruitful experience and peers was pleasant
in the working place, even though as the day enrolls tiredness would take place but however i managed to go through the day
Pros
free lunch
Cons
7 hours
2,0
Hard working and energetic environment
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng7 August 2018
To work at Nandos was fun, though it required patience as it is not easy working with customers they have different personalities and preferences.Management was professional.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
long hours on foot
Typical day at work - When its busy
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng30 July 2018
When its busy at work - its found to be a lot of fun as such movements help you realize your ability to work and work with others a team and customers.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Standing to long
Manager
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal9 July 2018
Good organization but salary was not enough,but shame it was a very good stepping stone for me and I gained lot of experience from NANDOS,I would love to work in such an environment again but with better salary .
Pros
Free lunches
Lovely
cashier (Former Employee) –  Tsakane, Gauteng6 June 2018
Working at nandos brought a great job experience. The environment was good and all staff was very good. Management did all in their powers making sure that the staff goes to all workshops provided by the head office.
Pros
Free lunches and incetives
Cons
8 hours shifts
we had competitions
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng13 May 2018
Nandos is a good work place.I worked there for 4 years and 7months.I Enjoyed every minute I spend there. working at Nandos was like I'm working in a family company. I'm passionate being a chef, even tough at the Nandos panorama they never gave me a chance to grow in this real world of work.
Pros
free staff meal
Cons
8hours
fun workplace
TRAINING SENIOR MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Plattekloof, Western Cape9 May 2018
i enjoyed working at nando's. i learned alot at nando's. it was a team place and there was a lot to learn. i enjoyed working with my team members that was working under me. they learned alot about me and i learned alot about them. i could count on them
Productive fun workplace
Waitron (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg CBD27 April 2018
Working has being a nice experience. I got to learn more about the art of grilled food and the staff too is great.have positive attitude fun to be around and loving.
Pros
Free medical aid
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.

Based on 1 722 reviews