Nando's Employee Reviews

Found 224 reviews matching the search See all 1 819 reviews
Front drill (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng20 February 2019
It was good , exciting but challenging. we worked as a team understanding, improving each other. I got to learn new skills and gained experience, understanding and making customers feel at home was the key.Payment on time. You get to understand more about hygiene and how to take good care of food.You get to be good with time management and multitasking
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long working hours
4,0
Fun, stressful and tiring.
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Tygervalley, Rondebosch8 February 2019
I do have to admit the fact that the company is more impressive than their counterparts when it comes to paying the workers, but the money they pay is still small. The amount of work you put in is not in any way close to the amount of money you receive.
Pros
Free lunches and transport after 7pm.
Cons
Long hours and no day off.
4,0
We had staff parties arranged by management
Front Griller & Preparation (Former Employee) –  Queensburgh, KwaZulu-Natal7 February 2019
I enjoyed being part of Nandos and its culture, but then I had to accept new challenges. And it was a difficult industry to work on, but because I was passionate about my job it ended up easy working there.
5,0
Its about family, living with values
Junior Manager (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng1 February 2019
Following Nandos.nandos standard. Living the 5 values. Know about the chicken. Learn more about the founders. Spreading of the love of flame grilling.special flavours ,
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Smart working hours
Hard working place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Middelburg, Mpumalanga28 January 2019
The time I worked the salary wasn't fixed it was based on my hours. They didn't have a set time period for lunch it was short which depended most on how busy the store was.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
It is a good company
JUNIOR MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal22 January 2019
It is a good place to work in how ever it lacks equity and does not value their employee very much there are no benefits.I fill that nando's that I used to work in can improve by having training on equity and value their employees change their working environment build trust with their subordinates so that they can be more productive and communicate more with their managers.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Communication
Busy Fun And productive Work place
Runner (Former Employee) –  Westville, KwaZulu-Natal22 January 2019
it Was A lot of fun Working for nandos I was very happy The only thing i was not happy with was the salary because at that time it was less than R3000. Either than that everything was smooth.
Pros
Free staff meal
Cons
Working 6 Days a week.
They are like a family.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Potchefstroom, North West8 January 2019
I'm a very smart working professional. I follow rules. And very much strick on my punctuality.

I worked as a junior Manger at this company. Please give me one look at chance.
Pros
What else does nandos offers
Cons
Are we working on shifts or normal hours
5,0
Workplace is fun,growth is available
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng7 January 2019
Its a great environment to work on u always have something to do.I have learned how to work in a team,and how important is to be a team player.There's always something to do and learn everyday.Growth in the company is there u only need to push yourself.Dealing with difficult customers.and getting payed for doing your great job.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Extra hours
Nandos was fun
Chef Trainee (Former Employee) –  Middelburg, Mpumalanga4 January 2019
Nandos Was a fun place to work in. I was taught lots of things, Including how to work with people,how to cooperate in business . It was fun and Great.
Pros
Free launch
Cons
extend of working hours
3,0
Waitressing and Table setting (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng3 January 2019
The company is ok just and management had skills to manage stuff well. The hours were the ones insane because they were ridiculous and that cause a person not to be productive because of long hours and no rest.
Pros
Events
Cons
Long hours and no leave days
4,0
Fun and productive, you get to grow within the busines and become a supervisor and from the sky is the limit
griller (Current Employee) –  East london22 December 2018
It's a nice working place where everyone is committed to their work and keeping the company policies and regulations in order. We work with great Courage, Pride,Integrity, Passion and all this because we are family there at Nandos
Pros
Incentives are there
Cons
No overtime only 1 off day a week
Fun work place
waitress and cashier (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape1 December 2018
Nando's is a very fun place dealing with different customers every day. If you wiling to learn I recommend nando's the experience I have I will share.
Pros
They provide lunch
2,0
Not a good place to work at
Runner (Former Employee) –  South Africa22 November 2018
Good thing about Nandos s to be friendly with customers and make sure customers are happy. Making friend was good also and lunch was free sometimes...
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Lot of work no good pay
Fun Place to work and Healthy environment
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal12 November 2018
I enjoyed working for Nandos,I learnt a lot about team work and communication skills. It also taught me how to communicate with Different kind of people In different levels and language's.
Pros
We had Staff party, free meals and Sports day
Cons
Long hours, Drunk customers
Funny working
waiteress (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng6 November 2018
I never really get tips my nandos was for indians so thy harldy tipped .l loved the uniform.how we kept the place clean and making sure our customers are happy
Pros
Long lunch hours
Cons
Long working hours
Fun and enjoyable
cashier (Former Employee) –  Germiston, Gauteng5 November 2018
Working at Nandos is very very fun and I enjoyed my every day experience there, Nandos cares about its employees and its customers a lot. Nandos also gives its employees opportunities to grow. So I don't regret working for Nandos for all these years.
Pros
There is a free staff meal.
Cons
The hours are normal
Good place to work on
Waitron (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng2 November 2018
Good and clean I can recommend people to work you gain more experience and you get to know people with different race it's the good place to learn and understand customers it's a very busy environment with lot of pressure and it's easy to handle it beside manager when start shouting
Pros
No lunch
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Krugersdorp, Gauteng25 October 2018
I love Nando's because it teaches you alot and it have so many opportunities.you jst don't have a specific job inside Nando's,thy train you in every station.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long unpaid hours
Nando's boardwalk
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape4 October 2018
we worked shirts 4 til 2 0r 3am we worked as team i enjoyed working there a lot .....i worked as chishier bt when its buzy i was a general worker help
Pros
they gave us quarter nd a rol then
Cons
we worked 8hrs shift nd overtimes when its busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.

Based on 1 819 reviews