Nedbank Employee Reviews

4,0
Has a lot of growth/ and great place to work in
call center agent (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal12 March 2019
Nedbank is a great bank to work with. I only resigned I had a lot of family problems and I couldn't keep up si ce it's a bank we had targets to meet and I couldn't. The work ethic is great among all cultures. Nedbank respects the Government laws so much . Nedbank values th wellness of its employees.
Pros
Year end functions
Cons
Targets sales
productive work place
teller/ enquiries clerk (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape11 March 2019
I 100% regret leaving Nedbank. If i should be given the opportunity i would go back immediately. I left out of frustration and due to management not being supportive. Should've just stuck it out till they retired
4,0
Productive & Client obsessed.
Property Administrator (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng6 March 2019
Thus far I have learned a lot within the home loans as well as the administration field. My daily tasks include the verification of property and client bond details by means of external as well as internal systems. I also enjoy the "investigation" process of cases which are not as straightforward and requires analytical thinking. My overall experience at Nedbank Ltd has had it's ups and downs however it has granted me a great experience within the corporate environment.
3,0
Client centric high stress levels exposure to all ptoducts
Call agent (Current Employee) –  Newtown Johannesburg27 February 2019
A typical day at work consist of helping clients probing finding on call solutions adding value added services creating a need and introducing them to products. Showing them better solutions making their money work for them from home loans to credit cards to all kinds of accounts
Pros
Staff rates in banking personal loans and home loans
Cons
Shift work too many products
Servicing client
CLIENT COACH (Current Employee) –  GAUTENG21 February 2019
What I enjoy about my job is that I put client service first. If a client visits the branch, they expect us to care, listen and keep them on the loop.
Pros
Compliments
Cons
Complaints
Number 2 bank thst looks aftet their empl
Banking Clerk/Administration (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng20 February 2019
There was continues learning for other departments as well so that when they were lacking behind I could assist. I was also helping my Manager with the monthly report and heading the Department when he is not there. We were supporting one another in the Department and had a healthy relationship. We used to celebrate mother's day, woman's day and it will be so much fun. I was doing a lot of community work with some of my colleagues. I would collect money from colleagues and we will buy staff for the Nkanyezi school and we will deliver to them and also at Christmas will buy presents for terminal I'll children at Baragwanatgh and enjoy with them.Right now I teach children happy living, I teac them self love, respect and responsibility that go hand in hand with their rights.
Pros
When we were very busy Management bought lunch for staff
Cons
Working on Saturday
Great place to work at
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Eastern Cape6 February 2019
A great place to work just be oreparrf to work under presure always as there is no time to relax. Make time for everything as time management is very important.

Look out for self dont be tempted security is tight and stick to the rules.
Pros
Appreciation day
Cons
Dnt take care of employees
Looks after its employees
Customer Service manager (Former Employee) –  Sandton6 February 2019
Nedbank takes care of its employees and creates a good place to work in. Management was approachable. The hardest part of the job is the load of work and the negativity that comes with it, however it became fulfilling changing client's experience.
Pros
Friendly and approachable management
Cons
inflexibility
Data Capturer (Current Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng29 January 2019
Had a lot of work that was due and was in a lot of pressure to capture all applications and respond to emails. Because I am working at an environment where one needs to be professional and respectful at all times, had a discussion with my manager on how I can capture all those applications within a specific period of time and still make the client happy.

Volunteer on working overtime on the day and managed to capture everything. I have learned that team work is vital. I know that management should be corporative and be willing to take suggestions from staff members about work related matters.

respect is a culture at all work place. the hardest part of the job is when you don't get any recognition for your hard work, it is really demotivating.

Getting awards and prices for a job well done, team buildings and team outings when the team has done well.
Pros
Lunch from manager for targets achieved
Cons
Long hours and overtime
Fun,productive and homely
CONSULTANT (CALL AGENT) (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal22 January 2019
They value their employees so much,they train and develop their employees there is always opportunities of growth and have programmes in place for their employees that can assist them if they have problems they are not just programmes just to be there ,they are actually in use.like counseling. Work equity they are able to listen to their employees if they have an input without freight and it is safe place to work in.there is no input from me for they stand as their slogan.
Pros
Benefits, incentives, good environment etc.
Cons
Make permanent position
team work
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Empangeni, KwaZulu-Natal17 January 2019
daily target meeting. prior planning, fairness , team spirit and hard work, not meeting targets, client interaction and resolving client problems and meeting their needs.
Pros
late lunch
Cons
going home late
great place to work
Administration Officer (Current Employee) –  Roodepoort, Gauteng14 January 2019
nedbank is a great place to work, you learn anything you want, management supports development, culture is great, no room for growth, interacting with clients.
Pros
good working conditions
Cons
salaries
4,0
Well staffed trained keep client happy
Consultant (Former Employee) –  durban2 January 2019
Nedbank goes out of there way to make sure there staff are well trained to be able to do there jobs fully and keep the clients happy.
Working for Nedbank was a amasing experiance and I believe that if you have worked in a call centre under that amount of presure and the knowledge you build up there you can go out there and do almost any other job. Working for Nedbank was best thing ever because I now have so much knowlidge and I've learned to work under presure and accept that no matter what your client comes first and the client is always right.
Working for Nedbank made me a very independent person because it's a hand on job from 8 to 4:30 no time to leave your desk and ask for help because then your client is on the line to long you waisting his time and money and the other clients have to stay on hold.
There is so much I can say about my experiance with them.
Pros
job was secure
Cons
no flexible hours
Project Manager
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, ZA5 December 2018
Project Manager with the overview to manage all project activities, implement quality standards that met set targets, developed an execution plan through the integration of a scope to work document and estimate project approach within defined processes and policies. Highlighted potential risks that obstructed the successful implementation of the project estimated the probability and helped to design mitigating strategies. Integrated change control and changes by performing activities such as monitoring and tracking cost, time and quality.
Great company
Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Meadowdale, Gauteng5 December 2018
Nedbank is a great company that encourages growth in many shapes and forms. The downfall however is that a lot of individuals within management are not adequately equipped to strike a balance between driving strategy and the growth of subordinates. This has a tendency to kill the individuals spirit and overall work ethic.
Pros
Good recognition for excellent performance
Cons
Work life balance can be a huge issue in the retail division
3,0
Prductive enviroment . Staff are easy going. Managements are help ful and hands on
Banker (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal4 December 2018
Very productive environment for sales but lots oc tension when targets are not met

I enjoyed every bit even with the huge sales targets as I had a passion for my job . I also enjoyed interaction with clients and staff members . Team building was very much in focus . All staff were very involved in passing of leads and sales referrals to the bankers
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
Hours are as agreed in the contact 8am to 4 30pm
work friendly
multifuctional teller (Current Employee) –  Gauteng4 December 2018
we are team players treating our client like our special guest and we understand that the clients complains because they care they don't want to leave us and the thing that differentiate us from our competitors is service so make sure deliver the world class service so that they can come back for more and tell others about us
Pros
every month
Cons
overtime will do
5,0
Fun workplace and it's productive
Client assistance (Former Employee) –  Thohoyandou, Limpopo15 November 2018
I learned how to approach people and how to communicate with them in a friendly manner.
I enjoyed moving around checking if anyone was comfortable enough.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
8 hours
Warm and Welcoming Culture
Senior Manager: Group Market Research (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg26 October 2018
This company offers great opportunities to grow and advance oneself in a multitude of disciplines. There is a strong focus on staff and improving the culture in which staff work
happy place to work
Debt Recoveries Advisor (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal17 October 2018
I have learned the different aspects of security eg: cyber etc, culture, I have learned about different banking products and systems.
the people are friendly
Pros
perks and benefits
Cons
1 saterday a month