Nedbank Employee Reviews

To me it was
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Bochum, Limpopo22 May 2019
To my company i enjoying to work in this field the reason why i want to get new job to the other bank is i want to gain more experience than i has now
balanced environment
Banker Sales/Call agent/collection agent (Former Employee) –  Gauteng/Durban21 May 2019
Relaxed, fun and productive environment .

there are many new skills I have acquired , such as dealing with different types of people, time management , dealing with stressful situations.
Pros
Free refreshments
Cons
non that i can think of
Productive and learning
Post Writes OFF Officer (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg North, Gauteng18 May 2019
I enjoy working with people and learning different products , processes etc. I like to learn and gain alot of experience by understanding how the company works and my role and ensuring my duties get completed
Pros
Great place to work at
Cons
Bad Management
2,0
Not stable and no promising growth
Assistant to Financial Planner (Former Employee) –  Meyersdal, Gauteng15 May 2019
I was the assistant of the financial planner. She was hardly available and employed me under her salary. As she was a commission earner, she could no longer afford my salary.
Pros
Knowledge
Cons
No growth or benefits
Proffessionally run top SA Bank,
AREA CLIENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg15 May 2019
Senior management lead the business with skill and a very high awareness of strategic positioning, mixed with extremely high ethics.
The bank is taking the lead in advancing in technology.
Pros
Culture.
Senior Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng14 May 2019
The culture is nurturing and it is a great place to work! Career progression can be a bit slow, but there is progression and opportunities if you are willing to put yourself out there.
Fantastic Employer
Senior Agile Coach / Senior Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng13 May 2019
Fantastic employer with a brilliant culture, the employee counts and they are very client focused,respectful and care about employee growth and happiness. Work-life balance is top priority and they care about their people.
1,0
Is the nice place to work for,my collegues was very good.
Multifuctional Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gauteng10 May 2019
I remember,my first day at Nedbank lady called Reyaan welcomed me with warm hands.Nedbank is not the company I can refer other people,management is not good.
Pros
Cons
158 hours
Not what it use to be.
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal8 May 2019
Use to look forward to go to work but in the last two years things have changed so much. You are only a number. Management only care about targets been made, working under fear when you will be dismissed not willing to listen to staffs opinion as you are replaced in a blink of an eye.
Pros
Staff rates
Cons
Wotking in constant fear.
Professional yet fun environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Claremont, Western Cape3 May 2019
Colleagues all get along well with each other, fun atmosphere yet professional when clients are in the building. I wouls say sales is the hardest part of the job
Pros
great learning and development team
Cons
difficult to take a full lunch hour
excellent
CENTRE FOR LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT TRAINING (Former Employee) –  Muldersdrift, Gauteng30 April 2019
excellent working condition. I would really like to get my job back at Nedbank Olwazini - Centre for leadership and management development.. It was great working there I resigned amicably and would like to get back again.
Pros
free lunches
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng27 April 2019
I started my career with Nedbank and i enjoyed every moment with them up until i decided to explore new ideas with other financial institutions.Management was great.
Pros
Staff recognitions
Cons
Staff fees
Work life balance
Enquiries Consultant (Former Employee) –  Randburg, Gauteng24 April 2019
Generally a great company. Retail staff earning peanuts. While they are the soldiers on the ground. Long hours and weekend hours tend to distract a healthy work life balance.
Pros
Staff rate
Cons
Long hours and little salaries
1,0
15 years
Merchandising Executions/Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng24 April 2019
In my 15 years at Nedbank the environment, management and culture morphed into a green monster in the last 3 years.
I worked for and was passionate about this organisation and loved to go to work starting by choice at 4.30am.
Nedbank, over the last 3 years has lost its values of being people centred and retaining talent through bad management.

Nedbank still operates with an old hierarchy Management style and silo approach instead of a Leadership and people centric approach.

People don't leave organisations, they leave Managers.
Pros
nothing is free
Cons
bad management
2,0
Some things just stay the same day in and day out.
Teller/Enquiries/Foreign Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gauteng; South Africa22 April 2019
Nedbank is a great company to work for as there are a lot one can learn when it comes to working in the banking industry. Due to the fact that the banking industry in South Africa is so highly competitive, Nedbank has over the years lost its way from being people centred.

It's a company that, should you ever become employed by it, attention and development is not a priority.
4,0
Creative and productive workplace
Strategy & Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng18 April 2019
Being exposed to Design Thinking changed the way I look at designing products and/or services. We are a small team and our focus is to develop and implement effective solutions with the customer in mind from start to finish.
Pros
Work / life balance
Cons
Limited growth opportunities
4,0
Personal Loan Consaltant (Current Employee) –  KwaZulu-Natal, Empangeni12 April 2019
Nedbank is great place to work for, We we work as a team and we also encourage and respect each other. I have learned a lot of things since I joined nedbank, things like how to handle pressure and focus.

Management style is good
the hardest part of the job is when you not deliver on your expectation.
Nedbank
Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  City of Johannesburg, Gauteng9 April 2019
My typical day i generated contracts for clients wishing to purchase vehicles . Was a fantastic working environment , i enjoyed going to work . Reason i left was because i wished to study further . Fantastic management !!
Pros
Great management
Cons
i cant think of any
Terrible
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape8 April 2019
You really need to work hard to enjoy what you are doing.They really made it hard for us with their high interest rates . they did not market their loan back then.
5,0
Recruitment & Transformation Manager (Former Employee) –  South Africa29 March 2019
Nedbank is a vision led and values based company.

They offer great career opprtunities to staff along with the opportunity to develop your own skills.

They offer great reward programmes lined to performace
Pros
Work life balance