Nedbank Employee Reviews in Cape Town, Western Cape

3,0
Terrible
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape8 April 2019
You really need to work hard to enjoy what you are doing.They really made it hard for us with their high interest rates . they did not market their loan back then.
productive work place
teller/ enquiries clerk (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape11 March 2019
I 100% regret leaving Nedbank. If i should be given the opportunity i would go back immediately. I left out of frustration and due to management not being supportive. Should've just stuck it out till they retired
5,0
Good people to work with and for
Service Champion (Former Employee) –  Cape Town,Western Cape12 March 2018
People at Nebank branches work hard but know how to have a good laugh. Management is always an excellent example which helps all employees follow suit.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Clients dont have to treat you with respect when assisting them.
5,0
It was a good company and I enjoyed working for them.
Teller and enquiries (Former Employee) –  Cape Town10 March 2018
I enjoyed working for the company,but as a mother I had to make a very hash decision between my job and my family. I will go back to the company my family are sorted out know.
Exciting environment
Banker Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town8 March 2018
The job allows you to interact with people and it develops your thinking ability. It helps to develop time management skills and target achievement. The environment entails a very broad understanding of the business environment and gives room for personal growth
5,0
Easy and Open door policy. Management are always available to assist and listen.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape26 February 2018
Nedbank is a great place to work at. They encourage growth with in the company. They have a wellbeing program for their staff available. However they are very strict when it comes to work standards.
Pros
Team buildings
Cons
No space for error
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape9 January 2018
Working at Ned bank was very nice and enjoyable. That is where I learned to deal with people face to face, understanding their characters and attitudes.

It was just not the type of job I studied for but I could not sit around and wait for the accounting job to find me, I had to try some new challenge and I ended up liking it.

The environment was not ideal, working in the streets chasing people to come and open accounts, but what was challenging and interesting was reaching the target at the end of the day.
Pros
Free meal vouchers and transport
Cons
Flexible hours, once you reach your target your day is finished
Fun and good
It Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape17 October 2017
Installing eft devices.I`ve learnt to communicate effectively.Management are good to work with.The workplace culture vibey.A positive workplace culture.Multiple tasking.Getting the job done, so i can do whatever I want next.
RSM (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape10 September 2017
Great company to work for, looking after there people and high values, standards is high and is proud to be a Nedbanker. People focus and loyal towards staffmembers
Pros
High values
Cons
High driven
3,0
Client Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape19 July 2017
Your job is secure at this financial institute compare to the others. You cant chat much and only work. There is lots of potential to learn and this is one of the cultures. Management has a attitude to not care about there staff.
Pros
Work hard, play hard
5,0
Excellent in self development opportunities
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape1 April 2017
Brilliant organization to work for. Loads of growth opportunities. Love the fact that Nedbank does not believe in retrenching staff but rather placing staff in other available positions. Blessed to work with the Nedbank brand which magnifies fairness and integrity within its organization.
Pros
Does not believe in retrenching their staff
Cons
Sunday trading.
Productive and fun workplace
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape5 January 2017
I love working there because everyone is friendly too much. Learnt alot about administration there so am greatful for the life lesson because now i have experience.
Pros
Free lunch
great place to work
Enquiries Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape20 November 2016
At nedbank I learned a lot about accountability, integrity, time management and diversity. I worked with different types of people and different types of management from whom I have learned a lot about how to be a better manager of self.
Pros
Employee assistance programmes
Cons
I can't think of any.
1,0
no work life balance
ssb consultant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape20 October 2016
No off days..work 7 days week including public holidays
no work life balance
Racism an neopotism
No growth
Not consistant when it comes to disciplinary
Pros
free family fun day
5,0
Nesbank a great place to work at
Sales and Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cape town19 September 2016
I love working for Nedbank, it is a great place to work at, I would appreciate a position that is going to challenge me and help me to grow as well, I am easy adaptining to a new position.
Culture, loyalty and rewards
Application Assesor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town18 August 2016
Great company, professional and culture. I have been working for almost 10 Years at Nedbank , I have decided that I would like a change and challenge due to Restructuring of the company.
Pros
Hours, salary, Culture
productive and fun workplace
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape31 May 2016
pleasant to work for nedbank, resigned due to numerous robberies at gun pointas i was managing mobile sales teams in communities,at the time there were no suitable available positions to cater for my cost to company and could not relocate to johannesburg due to family committments
5,0
Productive an fun workplace.
Senior Human Resources Officer (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, WC16 December 2015
Arriving early at work and seeing your colleagues in a jovial mood and ready to work is a good typical day at work.
I learned to treat every employee in his or her own special way as people are different and need different attention and approach.
Management at Nedbank was quick to respond to employee needs which kept employees morale high at all times.
At Nedbank we regarded and encouraged team work and worked exceptional well with my co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was dismissing a co-worker in a disciplinary hearing.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing employees happy and management making decision quick.
Pros
Free transport
Cons
Racism
great place to work
enquiries consultant and back office assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, WC17 November 2015
Nedbank is a great place to work, the thing I miss from Nedbank is the money I got back from the company when I paid cash for doctors visits and education assist for my children.
4,0
Friendly staff, good place to improve on certain skills
Temporary bank teller (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, WC14 May 2015
Every day the morning would start with a branch meeting. This entails that all employees and management from all departments meet up and discuss the statistics of the previous day. Goals for the current day would be set out as well. After the meeting each employee returned to their working area in order to prepare for the day ahead. We would clean our desk, switch on computers and make sure we have all the necessary stationery. thereafter, we would assist clients throughout the day. I learned and improved on many skills while working for Nedbank. For example, how to multitask, interpersonal communication, how to reach targets, how to take then leadership role at times, the importace of listening attentively to the needs of clients and my superiors and how to work as a team. The hardest part of the job, was probably the fact that sometimes you have to deal with difficult clients. The one thing I en joyed most about my job, was interacting and meeting new people everyday from all walks of life
Pros
free staff functions, friendly and kind hearted management
Cons
long ques