Nedbank Employee Reviews in Cape Town, Western Cape

Found 73 reviews matching the search See all 1 394 reviews
Stressful on pay days
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape24 October 2019
Extremely stressful working with people's money.
You have to meet your daily targets which is essentially important .
You have to be alert at all times.
5,0
The perfect company to work for.
The salary is satisfactory, the culture is brilliant (if you're all about the corporate world).
You are your own boss/person in terms of you are responsible for your own work.
It is fun and professional at the same time.
5,0
Great place to work i am enjoying to work with client. Nedbank velues. Respect Integrity,People Centered, Accountability andd Client Driven
Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  Cape town18 October 2019
Typical day is the end of the month when people get paid and Grand money.

I've learn a lot at Nedbank dealing with difficult and easy clients how to interact with people great communication skills really a great place to work. Management some of them are good and it depend how do you handle them.

Nedbank culture I like it very much.

Hardest dealing with difficult client but the are thing is to handle them.

The most enjoyable part is to deal with client make them happy keep them in the loop.
Pros
Yes we do have Breakfast, Luches but it depend on a perfomance.
Cons
No we dont work long hours.
3,0
A wolf in sheep's clothing
MULTIFUNCTIONAL CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Cape Town1 June 2019
While I was at this company, my time there was fraught with many difficulties. I learned things I'd never known before but it came with a price I couldn't afford.
Family / Job orientated
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape9 May 2019
What makes Nedbank such a great place to work for? If you ask me, I’ll tell you that it’s the experience, both client and employees. Clients knowing that Nedbank delivers what people want and need, Nedbank’s success depends on experienced employees that are healthy, resilient, balanced and recognized for their abilities. Nedbank makes things happen.
Pros
Flexable working hours - flexi time
Terrible
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape8 April 2019
You really need to work hard to enjoy what you are doing.They really made it hard for us with their high interest rates . they did not market their loan back then.
5,0
Here you mostly work in the office follow up leads and referrals and do phone calls.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape28 March 2019
Every morning you meet your team leader and produce a daily plan,then later give update.
How to treat and communicate with clients
they coach and guide.
Ethics are very important
Is to wait for walk in business
Team outings and Celebrate our successes.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Work politics
productive work place
teller/ enquiries clerk (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape11 March 2019
I 100% regret leaving Nedbank. If i should be given the opportunity i would go back immediately. I left out of frustration and due to management not being supportive. Should've just stuck it out till they retired
5,0
nedbank is a great place to work for
Sales and Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape7 November 2018
great place to work for, great workplace and great place to bank. I enjoyed working at Nedbank because the bank take care of the staff and clients. They trie by all means to make the employees happy. I would never hesitate to work there again
Pros
incentives and appreciations
5,0
Great place to work and a wonderful place for self-development
Foreign Exchange Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape2 September 2018
My current role involves a lot of time management,you need be very diligent in my field of work. I have learnt that you take every client as your number 1 client. The hardest things about my job is trying to meets clients needs in a short period of time. What makes me enjoy my job is fulfilling my clients need.
Productive and fast paced
Sales Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape12 August 2018
Great culture in that flexible work practises is actively encouraged. I enjoy a good work life balance. Self development is encouraged through Bursaries, study loans etc. In my current role I am self managed and accountable for my work required outcomes. Management allows me to use my own creativity and initiative to get the job done. I really enjoy that I am empowered to make decisions and learn from my mistakes.
Pros
staff rates for credit applications
Cons
Recognition criteria not always clear
5,0
Good people to work with and for
Service Champion (Former Employee) –  Cape Town,Western Cape12 March 2018
People at Nebank branches work hard but know how to have a good laugh. Management is always an excellent example which helps all employees follow suit.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Clients dont have to treat you with respect when assisting them.
5,0
It was a good company and I enjoyed working for them.
Teller and enquiries (Former Employee) –  Cape Town10 March 2018
I enjoyed working for the company,but as a mother I had to make a very hash decision between my job and my family. I will go back to the company my family are sorted out know.
Exciting environment
Banker Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town8 March 2018
The job allows you to interact with people and it develops your thinking ability. It helps to develop time management skills and target achievement. The environment entails a very broad understanding of the business environment and gives room for personal growth
5,0
Easy and Open door policy. Management are always available to assist and listen.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape26 February 2018
Nedbank is a great place to work at. They encourage growth with in the company. They have a wellbeing program for their staff available. However they are very strict when it comes to work standards.
Pros
Team buildings
Cons
No space for error
Productive and interesting
Banker Sales (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape16 January 2018
Challenging and interesting days. Lots to learn and many different and diverse cultures. I learned many administrative skills and there was no hard part to the position only learning curves.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape9 January 2018
Working at Ned bank was very nice and enjoyable. That is where I learned to deal with people face to face, understanding their characters and attitudes.

It was just not the type of job I studied for but I could not sit around and wait for the accounting job to find me, I had to try some new challenge and I ended up liking it.

The environment was not ideal, working in the streets chasing people to come and open accounts, but what was challenging and interesting was reaching the target at the end of the day.
Pros
Free meal vouchers and transport
Cons
Flexible hours, once you reach your target your day is finished
5,0
Interesting environment one learns alot
Estates Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape6 January 2018
A typical day at work is very fast paced, I have learnt alot though. I had law of succession as one of my subjects however administering estates gave me the practical experience of actual succession and the distribution of an actual last will and testament. The culture within my working environment is to always give the client the best service possible. The most enjoyable part of the job is constantly learning and applying what I have learnt also that the day is so busy it actually goes so fast. The hardest part is the nature deceased estates is a very difficult industry for me personally as the aggrieved struggle with losing a loved one and also not quite understanding that you are bound to adhere to what the instructions of the testator is in the Will.
Pros
Great interest rates, flexibility, professional working environment
Cons
travel time way too long, Not a legal entity, I need to get legal experience, as I intend to complete my LLB, do articles
corporate environment
Business Liaison Officer (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape4 January 2018
deadline driven, targets to be met, worked in practically every department, had exposure to various jobs within the corporation, worked with a very good team at the time.
Pros
could buy a house, medical aid
Cons
working on a saturday
Disciplined and exciting
Personal Assistant/Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape26 November 2017
Dealing with deadline loans. Ensuring that all documentation required is at hand and expedited to various departments. Banking criteria of utmost importance. Management was helpful and focused. Rewarding when Bank sanction was accepted and executed. Having an irritated client. Having a happy client.
Pros
Staff Incentives
Cons
Not applicable