Nedbank Employee Reviews in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal

1,0
Pathetic
contact Center agent (Former Employee) –  park square umhlanga durban17 June 2019
Not a good place to work at. You are made to work on 3 Saturdays a month. The scheduling is pathetic. Come to work at 8 and u get tea at 8:15??? Managers treat us badly. They think that we are kids. They think that you have control over your call duration and will come and sit on your head to finish the call. When its busy they need to take calls. We want to see how they manage call duration. They want us to make Sales but forget that we service clients. You are not valued. Quality Coaches always will find a problem with ur calls.
This place is a joke
Pros
nothing
Cons
Bad management. pathetic working hours
balanced environment
Banker Sales/Call agent/collection agent (Former Employee) –  Gauteng/Durban21 May 2019
Relaxed, fun and productive environment .

there are many new skills I have acquired , such as dealing with different types of people, time management , dealing with stressful situations.
Pros
Free refreshments
Cons
non that i can think of
2,0
Not what it use to be.
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal8 May 2019
Use to look forward to go to work but in the last two years things have changed so much. You are only a number. Management only care about targets been made, working under fear when you will be dismissed not willing to listen to staffs opinion as you are replaced in a blink of an eye.
Pros
Staff rates
Cons
Wotking in constant fear.
5,0
Productive and Fun environment.
Administrator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal19 March 2019
Nedbank Training Center is a very fun and exciting environment to work in, as we help to upgrade skills of people who just joined Nedbank so they can do well in their roles.
Pros
Can also attend.trainings
Cons
Contract
4,0
Has a lot of growth/ and great place to work in
call center agent (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal12 March 2019
Nedbank is a great bank to work with. I only resigned I had a lot of family problems and I couldn't keep up si ce it's a bank we had targets to meet and I couldn't. The work ethic is great among all cultures. Nedbank respects the Government laws so much . Nedbank values th wellness of its employees.
Pros
Year end functions
Cons
Targets sales
Fun,productive and homely
CONSULTANT (CALL AGENT) (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal22 January 2019
They value their employees so much,they train and develop their employees there is always opportunities of growth and have programmes in place for their employees that can assist them if they have problems they are not just programmes just to be there ,they are actually in use.like counseling. Work equity they are able to listen to their employees if they have an input without freight and it is safe place to work in.there is no input from me for they stand as their slogan.
Pros
Benefits, incentives, good environment etc.
Cons
Make permanent position
4,0
Well staffed trained keep client happy
Consultant (Former Employee) –  durban2 January 2019
Nedbank goes out of there way to make sure there staff are well trained to be able to do there jobs fully and keep the clients happy.
Working for Nedbank was a amasing experiance and I believe that if you have worked in a call centre under that amount of presure and the knowledge you build up there you can go out there and do almost any other job. Working for Nedbank was best thing ever because I now have so much knowlidge and I've learned to work under presure and accept that no matter what your client comes first and the client is always right.
Working for Nedbank made me a very independent person because it's a hand on job from 8 to 4:30 no time to leave your desk and ask for help because then your client is on the line to long you waisting his time and money and the other clients have to stay on hold.
There is so much I can say about my experiance with them.
Pros
job was secure
Cons
no flexible hours
3,0
Prductive enviroment . Staff are easy going. Managements are help ful and hands on
Banker (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal4 December 2018
Very productive environment for sales but lots oc tension when targets are not met

I enjoyed every bit even with the huge sales targets as I had a passion for my job . I also enjoyed interaction with clients and staff members . Team building was very much in focus . All staff were very involved in passing of leads and sales referrals to the bankers
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
Hours are as agreed in the contact 8am to 4 30pm
happy place to work
Debt Recoveries Advisor (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal17 October 2018
I have learned the different aspects of security eg: cyber etc, culture, I have learned about different banking products and systems.
the people are friendly
Pros
perks and benefits
Cons
1 saterday a month
3,0
nice
Collection Advisor (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal3 August 2018
nice please to work nice people nice management nice office great shift great pay targets are nice nice intensives cool offices nice please to work enjoy learning new things
Pros
Monday munchies
Cons
nice
productive day
Multifunctional Consultant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal13 June 2018
understanding all the customer needs and giving the right advice to the customers keeping in mind that no two customers are the same. handling complains in the very professional manner.
Pros
goin to work not knowing the day has installed for u
Cons
not balancing at the end off the day
2,0
stressful and demanding
Call Agent (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal20 February 2018
I had quite an experience to be honest ,the work and pressure was not an issue it was very exciting and challenging which is fun my only concern was the poor management
Pros
free telephone calls
Cons
long hours and expensive transport fees
5,0
Learned a lot on this segment, huge growth.
Financial Planner (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal9 February 2018
Nedbannk is the best to work, the Management, staff, you always feel like you are at home.

Personally i m a shy person, but working here made me to be there trying to help eachand every indivisual.

Most of the Managers are easy to talk too / good listeners.

Culture of greeting, taking care of clients is Nedbank culture.

Commission, i earn on commission only, that is the hardest part of this job.

I can work freely, managing myself.
Pros
Well recognised, Good support, Team Work
Cons
Commission
Good Work Experience
Administrator/Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal10 January 2018
This was a good first job as it had introduced me to the working world and assisted me in finding my feet in the work place.

There were necessary support structures to assist me and it was an overall very enjoyable experience.
Nedbank
SAP Consultant III (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal14 December 2017
Nedbank is a very lovely place to work .People are awesome.Always enjoyed working with the team.

Enjoyed taking new challenges and thinking innovative.
5,0
Informative and committed to growth
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal12 November 2017
Typical day at work starts with checking your balance for any discrepancies, and then preparing your work desk for the day, making sure that all your equipment is near you.

We then would have morning meetings for any new information that we need to be aware of in terms of procedure and fraud.

Then when the branch opens you must be by your workplace, ready to greet clients with a smile and address whatever query they need you to attend.

The most enjoyable part of the work is in helping the clients who sometimes are in desperate need of their funds, seeing them walk out with a smile is a real good feeling.

The hardest part was working with limited workforce and equipment.
Pros
great culture and professional training
Cons
poor management
Fun prodictive place
Personal assistant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal26 September 2017
This was one the best places i worked.Learnt a lot about the financial industry and how to treat clients and be client centric.Met a lot of key players in the sales field
Pros
Great company
5,0
Great organisation to work for
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal18 September 2017
The organization is able to take care of their staff, recognizes the good performer's and reward then to boost them in order to perform beyond expections
Pros
Rewards
Fun and productive
Call Agent (Current Employee) –  Durban, Mount edgecombe24 July 2017
Nedbank is a great company one could work for. The only reason I'm hunting for another job whilst working for that amazing company is for my own growth.
Pros
Recognition when doing great
Cons
Doing one thing from day in to day out.
Fun work place
Team leader sales (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal30 June 2017
It a great place to work and lovely staff and a great bank to bank
We love our clients and they come first in everything
And we are money expect who do good
Pros
Sometimes
Cons
On flexible branch