Nedbank

Nedbank Employee Reviews in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal

Found 128 reviews matching the search See all 1 394 reviews
Making things Happen
Call agent (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal4 December 2019
Nedbank is a good company to work for. I enjoyed my stay at the company and the work challenges and I am grateful for that I learnt whilst there. People are lovely, friendly and always willing to help, it was like we one big family. The only thing was that I had mastered all areas of my work, so I somehow felt my skills were no longer being challenged.
3,0
productive and fun to work for
COLLECTIONS ADVISOR(INBOUND AND OUTBOUND) (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal28 November 2019
enjoyed myself from the word go. staff and management was very friendly couldn't tell the old and new staff.

job is manageable even though its more challenging
4,0
Working environment was good and i learnt alot
Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal12 November 2019
You need your A game to every work you do and excel in it
And my colleagues were good to me, also the management were so friendly which made me to feel good and do my best
3,0
Okay Workplace
Retentions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal23 September 2019
Good company, with poor management skills. Stressful environment, with sometimes unreasonable targets. Lack of people skills on the management side. More respect towards employees required.
Very high risk environment
Self Service Banking consultant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal3 September 2019
The amount of risk on a daily bases as the robberies could occur at anytime. And the hours were very long as the day was never predictable on how it will go.
Pros
Good salary
5,0
I like working with clients as its rewarding every time
Banker (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal11 August 2019
Working at Nedbank needs one to be passionate about client service.
Employees' performance is appreciated and rewarded.
Bonuses are great .
The down side is working three weekends in a month.
Good working environment
Service champion (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal16 July 2019
Fun team and management
Work life balance
Learn the basic skills be in a corporate environment
Depth and knowledge in the banking industry all through nedbank training
1,0
Working for Nedbank Contact Center (No filter)
Multi-skilled Banker (Current Employee) –  Umhlanga Durban ParkSquare8 July 2019
A day at Nedbank Contact Centre is spent mostly sitting down on calls back to back, sometimes there's not even time to take lunch you end up eating at your desk. I learnt about banking and how to handle clients from all walks of life, I have dealt with wonderful friendly clients as well as angry clients and got to learn a few things about myself. The good thing about management is they don't micro manage you, even team leaders don't, you are given a target to meet monthly, how you make that happen totally depends on you. The hardest part of this job is the stress and pressure that one works under and the impact it has on an individual, you get home and all you want to do is eat, bath and sleep like a dead person. The changes that take place are not implemented strategically, its either you swim or you die that's how they implement changes. The most enjoyable part of the job is the laughter, the jokes and the team spirit within fellow team mates.
Pros
Cons
Stress and pressure
Great team to work with
Sales consultant Intern (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal7 July 2019
Management need to be more of team players and be constantly trained on how to lead a team. Other wise they are great with clients.I would love to see other stuff members with potential to grow from role to role be given that chance..
Pros
Free lunches, outings and games
Cons
Working on sundays
Exciting environment
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal29 June 2019
Nedbank is a great company to work for with room to grow. Lots of incentives daily weekly and monthly. Open door policy is brilliant with nedbank management, they make you feel as if you are a part of a family.
Pros
Lots of incentives
Cons
Favoritism
1,0
Pathetic
contact Center agent (Former Employee) –  park square umhlanga durban17 June 2019
Not a good place to work at. You are made to work on 3 Saturdays a month. The scheduling is pathetic. Come to work at 8 and u get tea at 8:15??? Managers treat us badly. They think that we are kids. They think that you have control over your call duration and will come and sit on your head to finish the call. When its busy they need to take calls. We want to see how they manage call duration. They want us to make Sales but forget that we service clients. You are not valued. Quality Coaches always will find a problem with ur calls.
This place is a joke
Pros
nothing
Cons
Bad management. pathetic working hours
balanced environment
Banker Sales/Call agent/collection agent (Former Employee) –  Gauteng/Durban21 May 2019
Relaxed, fun and productive environment .

there are many new skills I have acquired , such as dealing with different types of people, time management , dealing with stressful situations.
Pros
Free refreshments
Cons
non that i can think of
2,0
Not what it use to be.
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal8 May 2019
Use to look forward to go to work but in the last two years things have changed so much. You are only a number. Management only care about targets been made, working under fear when you will be dismissed not willing to listen to staffs opinion as you are replaced in a blink of an eye.
Pros
Staff rates
Cons
Wotking in constant fear.
2,0
Productive place
Agent Administrator (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal23 April 2019
A place where learning is on a daily bases, travelling different places where performances are given to the booked schools and alot of Administrative work and documentation.
Pros
Travelling
5,0
Productive and Fun environment.
Administrator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal19 March 2019
Nedbank Training Center is a very fun and exciting environment to work in, as we help to upgrade skills of people who just joined Nedbank so they can do well in their roles.
Pros
Can also attend.trainings
Cons
Contract
4,0
Has a lot of growth/ and great place to work in
call center agent (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal12 March 2019
Nedbank is a great bank to work with. I only resigned I had a lot of family problems and I couldn't keep up si ce it's a bank we had targets to meet and I couldn't. The work ethic is great among all cultures. Nedbank respects the Government laws so much . Nedbank values th wellness of its employees.
Pros
Year end functions
Cons
Targets sales
5,0
Good company to work for great staff benefits.
Ott Processor (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal8 March 2019
Nedbank was a great company to work in. they do appreciated the staff you get quiet a lot of benefits as n employee.I gained quite a lot from the company i managed to get my FAIS accreditation as well study for a certificate of banking. They really do believe in staff progressing in their lives.The only difficulty i had was when I moved to Global its like a different organisation altogether.They have less appreciation for you as a staff member you treated like a number. there is less potential of growth nothing to empower you or groom you for better positions
Pros
Culture was a big thing in the work enviroment
Cons
no growth
Client centric
Service Consultant, Contact Centre (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal25 February 2019
As a financial institution, customer service is at the core of the business.

Depending on which department you worked in, there are numerous opportunities to advance your career.
Pros
You do not take work home
Cons
Some managers can stifle your growth
Top sales perfromer
Sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal22 January 2019
Represented Nedbank KZN in Cape Town
Cold calling
Maintained a positive attitude
Time management
Self- discipline
Healthy lifestyle to keep a balance.
Pros
Staff incentives on performance
Cons
8 hours
Fun,productive and homely
CONSULTANT (CALL AGENT) (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal22 January 2019
They value their employees so much,they train and develop their employees there is always opportunities of growth and have programmes in place for their employees that can assist them if they have problems they are not just programmes just to be there ,they are actually in use.like counseling. Work equity they are able to listen to their employees if they have an input without freight and it is safe place to work in.there is no input from me for they stand as their slogan.
Pros
Benefits, incentives, good environment etc.
Cons
Make permanent position