Nedbank Employee Reviews in Pretoria, Gauteng

3,0
Exellent work culture and staff appreciation
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tshwane, Gauteng3 January 2018
Nedbank is a company that lives continues to live up to it's values and ensures that it's employees understand the culture, however different management styles by different managers make it a bit difficult for employees to understand.
Pros
Staff recognition
Cons
Extended hours without compesation
4,0
Wonderful individual working for the company
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Nedbank Pretoria10 August 2017
Nedbank is a wonderful company to work for, unfortunately the changes in the industry (RDR) is not conducive with the current business structure. Due to uncertainty, staying in my current position might not have a favorable out come for me in the future.
Pros
Wonderful working environment
Cons
Structure and business models might be dated in the near future.
Open working environment
Data Capturer (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng26 February 2017
It was an open and friendly environment work at . The culture of the organisation was encouraging in a fork of it's open door policy . It was easy and efficient normal hours
Pros
end year function
Cons
normal hours
5,0
Great company to work for
Sales executive (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng17 February 2017
The company is well organised and working for the company proved growth everyday .The company supports it's employees and develops them .
Pros
development
Cons
permanent Jobs were scarce
Appreciated
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng3 October 2016
Nedbank is a stable place to work in. Look after their employees. Allow to further studies as they approve bursaries and give on the job training. Fun place to work if you are set in the right branch
Pros
On the job trainung
Cons
Saturday and Sunday working
4,0
Work hard to achieve more
Tied agent (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng14 September 2016
Gather for meeting to plan the day ahead. I have learned that dedication and hard work was the key in my role. The management and co-workers were easy to get along and we worked towards the same goal. Not being able to reach the set out target was the hardest part of the job. But having reached the target and exceeded was the fun part.
Pros
Incentives
Challenging and exciting role
Validations officer (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng10 August 2016
I work at a open office my work requires attention to details because I deal with verifying payslips, id's, driver's licences and checking that income on payslips matches bank statements to prevent fraud . We do interact with colleagues because we frequently help one another when not sure about anything relating to our role. Management treat us like part of the team in that in my role I am a manager of self in that I am a decision-maker. I have learned to think analytically since not every situation is the same.
Pros
Being the decision maker makes me feel trusted and empowered
Cons
Being bypassed by a fraudulent deal
5,0
It is a nice company to work for and the working environment is out of this world.When you wake up everyday you have an urge of getting to work at Ned
Team Leader Client Management (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, GP31 August 2014
A typical day at Nedbank is awesome,seeying clients leave the bank with a smile makes me happy all the time.I learned how to tolerate people at a working environment and when you work hard you will go places.The management is good but some individuals(managers) do not do their work and they destroy the brand and image of Nedbank,no wonder the is a lot of resignations especially at Nedbank.We usually work as a team and tolerate one another when coming to co-workers.The hardest part of the job is that we spend long hours at work even weekends,so work life balance is not balanced at all.It gave me pleasure when we reach our monthly branch target and seeying the staff morale going up,the other thing is when the staff members reach their Perfomance agreements.
Pros
staff usually get free lanches when we as a team surpass our daily target of the branch.
Cons
Management and other staff members usually work long hours indeed.
1,0
Finance
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, GP10 June 2014
Everyday when I get to work I have to print all the reports and make sure that they are done before 10:00am, then I have to start preparing to sent all the accounts opened the previous day to the verification dept of which it can take about 2 hours to do.

By 12:00 I make sure I start doing my EFTs, as the cut off time was 14:00 so I need to make sure I do them before cut off time and the others I will be doing them during my most important work for the day. Then later after my EFTs I make sure I concentrate on capturing all accounts received and payable and make sure that they all balance before I go home.
Pros
I would take my Lunch from 14:00 to 14:30 if possible
Cons
at times we would work long hours due to high volume of work
5,0
productive day is when i meet my target
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, GP1 April 2014
a typical day at work is when we dont have much clients in the bank for the whole day,may be two or three clients, most clients do not buy any products, they only came to enquire about their account and at the end of the day i must give figures to my manager and my manager does not accept any reason that i do not have sales for the day.i learned that i must go look for business not wait for business to come to me and in that case i do look for business by means of calling clients and looking after their needs.My co-workers do assist me cause i talk to them every day asking them to help me where i am short, i give them product knowlege so that they can be able to assist me.the hardest part of my job is reporting zero sales for the day cause i have to give an explaination why is my sales on zero,the most enjoyable part of the job is when i meet my target because then everyone is happy
Pros
free lunches is good it comes ones in the year so that we can relax a bit
Cons
8hr00 to 4h30 monday to friday
brain storming at cafeteria
mobile sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, GP1 January 2014
cut off dates
meet targets on time
management assist it terms of meeting company requirement
co-workers assist with an extensive team work
dealing with difficult client
meeting my target
Pros
team building
Cons
going extra mile
5,0
Productive in a company when the employees work as a team and they build each other and fun in a work place is when having a nice get together.
Teller and Foreign Teller (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, GP27 August 2013
A typical day is when having a misunderstanding with a client. And when the clients complains about process and procedure and standing in a queue for long. Management takes time to understand what the staff needs and follows up on each day work. The co workers have good team spirits and they help each other in every way they can. The hardest part of this job is when is when the clients angry with you when you follow the procedure of your work. The enjoyable part of this job is when you a client the best service and seeing the smile on the clients face.
Pros
Having functions and free lunches every month, and vouchers
Cons
Extendend hours are provived
Sales consultant (Current Employee) –  Pretoria East4 May 2013
a typical day at work is when the client is unreachable when we have a query to pay out the loan as we need some information from the client.
Pros
Management is very helpful solving some challenges in the work place
Cons
working every weekend
3,0
Challenging with lots of responsability
sales consultant (Current Employee) –  pretoria24 February 2013
Sales, sales and sales targets. Enjouable is to help a client achieving their dreams( eg. car, home, bussiness, education or just saving for a dream holiday). Management leaves you most of the time to achieve your targets on your own. Hardest part is to dissapoint a client when they do not qualify for certain products. Although you work for an individual target it is imprtant that there is teamwork to acchieve a collective target for the Branch/Reagion.
Results orientated
Area Manager Credit (Current Employee) –  Pretoria20 November 2012
Enjoy the credit part of the job. Do not enjoy all the administrative and increasing sales reponsibilities without extra hands.

Results orientated.
Pros
experience
Fun Work place and envornment