Nedbank

Nedbank Employee Reviews in Sandton, Gauteng

Found 142 reviews matching the search See all 1 394 reviews
productive
Maintenance assistant (Current Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng25 December 2019
great place to work, less stress. it is a very supportive organization with many benefits that works very well to employees. We have bursary programmes which gives us an opportunity to grow.
benefits
Cons
pressure
Hard Culture
Deal Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandton24 December 2019
This was a great place to learn. I learned a lot here however the culture is one that requires you to choose between family and work and is very unforgiving if you don't choose work. Especially to those who have young children. Deadlines seem to crop up without prior consultation or adequate planning and working late was more the norm that the exception here. You are not paid for working late and in many cases people don't even have time to take lunch. Front office does not plan effectively and routinely drops major deals with limited time-frames not actually seeming to fully understand the process that goes into fulfillment. Employee attrition is very high as most people can not deal with the pace or the high levels of stress that this role demands.
Pros
Interesting deals, Very smart people, Very hardworking people.
Cons
Unrealistic long hours, Pay differences between people who do the same thing can be almost double.
Great banking culture!
OMBUDSMAN LIAISON MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng11 December 2019
Head office environment created a feeling of professionalism at all times. My manager(s) were wonderful! Top management still manage with 'silo' mentality although, the culture around this is changing. I really enjoyed my eleven years at the bank!
2,0
employees and salarys
Handyman (Former Employee) –  135 Sandton26 November 2019
working there is nice and i have learn a lot and met good people and the management dont have heart for they're employees in a way that if you want to see your self getting a better salary, you must be a puppy and spy and also skin count too. Culture is good, Hardest part is overtime's rate. The enjoyable part is that the's team building which is good thing cause employees do have to rest and know each other
Good company
Junior Financial Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sandton13 November 2019
Good company, too dependent on foreign skills and not grooming local talent. People are generally good and kind. knowing the right people helps kind of organisation.
4,0
Nedbank is a good company to work for depending on your line manager.
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng30 October 2019
I had a fairly good experience at Nedbank. I started of as a temporary employee and based on my performance and work ethics I was made permanent. I was a data capture and after a few years I was promoted to team leader.
Open and positive
Assistant Accountant (Former Employee) –  Sandton24 October 2019
It has always been a nice place to work.
New systems
Yes the senior managers are the best but I doubt the lower / inexperience managers.
The culture is one of the best
The monthly functions.
Pros
Functions
Cons
Lower management
5,0
It is a great place to work
Property Finance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng15 October 2019
Nedbank is a great place to work, Client driven, and client focused. The culture is more favorable to anyone working there and a very supportive team.
3,0
Great growth opportunities but Always Overworked!
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng8 October 2019
Nedbank allows for great growing opportunities within the business. However, depending on management and colleagues you will either enjoy your work, or be constantly burned out because you have to work overtime due to non-working colleagues to ensure deadlines and target are met.
You'll be doing others work just to ensure a functioning office.
DO NOT expect compensation for overtime, most overtime is not due to choice. You will be forced to do overtime if you don't want a bad performance rating and want to receive your increase.
NOT all branches are run the same, ALWAYS ask how the working environment is in your interviews, if you can ask some of the people already working there,(not the managers or team leaders.)
Pros
Free lunch - Sometimes
Cons
Hardly any compensation for overtime
4,0
Productive and fun working environment
Data Capturer (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng19 September 2019
Nedbank is a fun working environment. I like the culture and how every person no matter the culture is respected. The department I was working at, the team leaders, supervisor and manager were always there for the team and making everyone to feel comfortable
Pros
benefits, company facilities-gym
Cons
long contract agreements with no permanent positions
Team player
Financial Manager (Current Employee) –  Sandton15 September 2019
I am a team player, work well with people in a given project, adapt easily to changes.
I have played role in team projects and led projects in my role. Have done process review and revision. Able to do scorecard discussion and performance management.
love working here
change manager (Current Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng13 September 2019
Great facilities and work environment, people are very friendly, there is no pressure, all levels talk to you, good parking, nice restaurants, i love it here
Stable place to work
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng27 August 2019
Although Nedbank was a stable environment to work in, the condition became too stale for me to stay. Tensions were growing between employees and management. Personally, I was not coping financially and had to look elsewhere to secure myself.
4,0
Great working environment and great benefits
Financial officer intern (Current Employee) –  Sandton south Africa26 August 2019
It is a great working environment, the teams are willing to help their fellow individuals. The environment is very edgile and digital with dashboard and other systems that help with the finacial process.
4,0
Productive work place with really good workplace culture
IT Technical Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng23 August 2019
Flexible work hours that you could agree on with your immediate supervisor
As long as you get your work done and targets are reached, no one micro manages you.
Appraisals are performance based as thus it's in your own interest to reach your goals and go over and beyond without being pushed every time.
Management have an open door policy and most of the time, grievances are attended to.
3,0
it was a great experience
Filing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng15 August 2019
it gave me a view on how the real world works. at the age i was when i got the job it was great would not go back though it isn't my line of work that i was made for
Pros
morning breakfast snacks
Cons
long hours limmited breaks
Productive and Specialised Environment
Senior Legal Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng13 August 2019
The environment is very focused and specialised in that it is about technology especially the digitalisation which talks more to the 4th industrial revolution (4IR), i.e. artificial intelligence.
4,0
Very open and good workplace
Assistant Financial Accountant (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng13 August 2019
Busy at month end
Reporting and analysis of the expenses vs the budget
Time Management
The culture is one of the best
Our Reporting System and during the budget time
Month end when things are done correctly and on time especially when the numbers come out on time.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Paperwork
Stressful and underpaid
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng1 August 2019
Ask them and the they’ll attest to this! Work yourself out and get no recognition or less increases when it comes to salary review times. It’s very saddening indeed
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Trial Systems being used
Work Overview
AML. CFT and sanction monitoring officer (Current Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng10 July 2019
Nedbank is a good place to work, culture is a bit stiff but people are good and so is the pay.

Work life is placed ahead of personal life responsibilities, the company needs to adapt to agility and New ways of work