Nedbank Employee Reviews in Sandton, Gauteng

Fantastic Employer
Senior Agile Coach / Senior Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng13 May 2019
Fantastic employer with a brilliant culture, the employee counts and they are very client focused,respectful and care about employee growth and happiness. Work-life balance is top priority and they care about their people.
1,0
15 years
Merchandising Executions/Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng24 April 2019
In my 15 years at Nedbank the environment, management and culture morphed into a green monster in the last 3 years.
I worked for and was passionate about this organisation and loved to go to work starting by choice at 4.30am.
Nedbank, over the last 3 years has lost its values of being people centred and retaining talent through bad management.

Nedbank still operates with an old hierarchy Management style and silo approach instead of a Leadership and people centric approach.

People don't leave organisations, they leave Managers.
Pros
nothing is free
Cons
bad management
Creative and productive workplace
Strategy & Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng18 April 2019
Being exposed to Design Thinking changed the way I look at designing products and/or services. We are a small team and our focus is to develop and implement effective solutions with the customer in mind from start to finish.
Pros
Work / life balance
Cons
Limited growth opportunities
Looks after its employees
Customer Service manager (Former Employee) –  Sandton6 February 2019
Nedbank takes care of its employees and creates a good place to work in. Management was approachable. The hardest part of the job is the load of work and the negativity that comes with it, however it became fulfilling changing client's experience.
Pros
Friendly and approachable management
Cons
inflexibility
Data Capturer (Current Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng29 January 2019
Had a lot of work that was due and was in a lot of pressure to capture all applications and respond to emails. Because I am working at an environment where one needs to be professional and respectful at all times, had a discussion with my manager on how I can capture all those applications within a specific period of time and still make the client happy.

Volunteer on working overtime on the day and managed to capture everything. I have learned that team work is vital. I know that management should be corporative and be willing to take suggestions from staff members about work related matters.

respect is a culture at all work place. the hardest part of the job is when you don't get any recognition for your hard work, it is really demotivating.

Getting awards and prices for a job well done, team buildings and team outings when the team has done well.
Pros
Lunch from manager for targets achieved
Cons
Long hours and overtime
Wonderful place to work
Enhanced Due Diligence Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng8 June 2018
Nedbank is a wonderful company to work for. They hold strong respect for their staff and value diversity within the organisation. I am proud to have been part of Nedbank for over 16 years.
excellent culture
Enterprise Data Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng6 June 2018
everyone willing to assist
informal office setup allowing relaxed working
facilities in and around work
believe in their people
opportunities to grow in the organization
3,0
Lots of changes within the company
RISK ACADEMY PROGRAMME MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng4 June 2018
Communication between management and staff not clear at all. Food at the canteen is expensive. Staff has developed a silo mentality. Staff morale is currently low due to uncertainty within the company.
Pros
Great Bonus
Cons
Unsupportive management
4,0
Very challenging, learning oriented, and fun place to work in
Intern Psychometrist (Current Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng28 April 2018
I have learned so much from the job and colleagues. It is a fast paced environment with many opportunities and highly skilled leadership. It can be quite challenging if one cannot keep up but there's a lot of learning opportunities.
Fun workplace
FINANCIAL OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng22 April 2018
Great culture.
Relaxed environment
Very professional senior management
Work hard play hard environment.
Good Salaries
Staff are taken care of.
Solid experience.
Stressful
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandton4 April 2018
The environment was stressful. Employer's needs came first. The team was great, but the culture always worked against us. It was the poor leadership ay the time, I would hope things have since changed.
Pros
Colleaugues were great
Cons
working on weekends
Testing at Nedbank
Test Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng3 April 2018
Executing different tasks (writing test cases and other documents, testing and supporting), attending meetings and giving feedback to management on progress on the projects. Hardest part is extracting information from people and documents, and also it takes longer to fix problems. The most enjoyable part is when your project goes live and there's minimal problems encountered. Nedbank culture is good and the people are also great
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Rewards are scarce
Time for growth
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng13 March 2018
- Challenging , still to adopt a culture where everyone is proactive instead of being reactive.
- Manage expectations well - what is important to me is not for the next person.
- Busy
- Flexible.
- Dealing with impossible people.
- Learning new things and having a challenge to resolve .
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
Emails not answered
fun place to work
Change Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sandton28 February 2018
You do not work as an individual but on a collaborative environment which help to produce client services efficiency and effective.
The hardest part of the is being on standby which is a 24/7 job including weekend once a month.
4,0
Too many organisational changes.
Senior IT Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng1 February 2018
There are so many changes happening at the same time, which may impact staff satisfaction and customer experience.
These are both Technical and Organisational/Structural changes.
4,0
to be productive is very important so that i meet my expectations
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng22 November 2017
I would like to work for discovery as a sales consultant since I has experience started working at Nedbank from 2008 as a contract and became permanent in 2013 September 2013 my life has been on sales stated to work as a personal loan consultant permanent on the 1october 2017 I then became as sales consultant as I was
Pros
1h00 lunch
Cons
i do work flexi hours but i must balance
great environment
Credit Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng7 June 2017
Great place to work,I learnt alot while working at Nedbank,the knowledge I gained from working for the company will forever be with me,great experience,great people
5,0
a great place to work, team work and a great culture
programmer (Current Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng9 May 2017
working in a team to resolve maintenance issues, making customers happy and providing stable systems.

i have learnt that you are in control of your own future. learning as much systems as you can, Nedbank allows you to develop yourself with things like knowledge sharing, informal training , coaching and mentoring, and job shadowing others.
Pros
flexible hours
Productive and fun workplace
Learning and Development Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng3 May 2017
I enjoyed working here. there was a lot of learning and appreciations. Technology suvvy, and client centric. Lot of learning's and iron out trustissue
Productive and Fun workplace
HR MIS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng1 April 2017
Nedbank demands results but they know how to keep the work environment fun and engaging. I particularly like the fact that they have embraced work life balance. There are days when employees can work from home. However their salary packages are very low in relation to the jobs market. But they compensate for that by offering generous benefits as well as variable pay.
Pros
Professional fun work environment
Cons
Low salaries