Nedbank Employee Reviews for Administrator

Found 47 reviews matching the search See all 1 394 reviews
3,0
Great growth opportunities but Always Overworked!
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng8 October 2019
Nedbank allows for great growing opportunities within the business. However, depending on management and colleagues you will either enjoy your work, or be constantly burned out because you have to work overtime due to non-working colleagues to ensure deadlines and target are met.
You'll be doing others work just to ensure a functioning office.
DO NOT expect compensation for overtime, most overtime is not due to choice. You will be forced to do overtime if you don't want a bad performance rating and want to receive your increase.
NOT all branches are run the same, ALWAYS ask how the working environment is in your interviews, if you can ask some of the people already working there,(not the managers or team leaders.)
Pros
Free lunch - Sometimes
Cons
Hardly any compensation for overtime
Family / Job orientated
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape9 May 2019
What makes Nedbank such a great place to work for? If you ask me, I’ll tell you that it’s the experience, both client and employees. Clients knowing that Nedbank delivers what people want and need, Nedbank’s success depends on experienced employees that are healthy, resilient, balanced and recognized for their abilities. Nedbank makes things happen.
Pros
Flexable working hours - flexi time
2,0
Productive place
Agent Administrator (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal23 April 2019
A place where learning is on a daily bases, travelling different places where performances are given to the booked schools and alot of Administrative work and documentation.
Pros
Travelling
Productive and fun workplace
Zar and foreign payments process administrator (Current Employee) –  Roodepoort13 July 2018
Call client to advise of funds received and to establish reason for payments
Convert foreign payments to ZAR
Adhere to Compliance and Risk requirements
Strong focus on Customer Service and Team Work
Communicate professionally and effectively with clients and colleagues
All client queries responded to and resolved on time
Accurate capturing of all administration documents
Meet daily performance targets
proffessional and fun place
processing agent and administrator (Current Employee) –  Newtown, Gauteng4 April 2018
The most fun part was getting recognised by the good work I did and being recognised as a top performer at all times, My managers were proud of the best work that I gave to the company, and the attitude I had towards my job. I just needed growth and wanted to pursue other career paths . I worked for so long in a call centre environment.
Pros
free munchies
Cons
target
Staff centered
Wills Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sandton7 March 2018
They care and are concern about their employees.

Working environment Is good

They give good bonuses and increase

They are customer centred as well
3,0
Productive and fun to work
Finanacial Administrator (Current Employee) –  Gauteng21 February 2018
The people are like family, with a melting pot of culture. Growth is on the onus of the individual person. Staff manage their own time and are managers of self.
Pros
Staff Appreciation
Cons
Management Style
5,0
Productive and a fun workplace
FATCA/CRS Administrator (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng29 January 2018
Productive and a fun workplace.
Excellent benefits.
Staff rates is great.
Management is easy to talk with.............................................
Benefits
4,0
room for growth with possession of relevant qualification
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng8 January 2018
.ensuring that operations run smoothly is a daily mission
.i have learnt to be assertive and be able to handle pressure
.work independently under minimal supervision
.a culture of accountability
.going the extra mile to satisfy the client at the same time observing company policies
.being innovative was the most enjoyable part
Pros
company benefits such as affordable holidays, subsidy on on medical shortfall
5,0
productive and a great place to bank
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng13 November 2017
I check my emails,check if I completed yesterday's work.I learned that hard work pays if your manager is happy am a happy.I completing targert .friendly place to work
Pros
free funtions lunches
Cons
overtime
Productive enviroment
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng23 October 2017
I have learned quiet a lot about legal aspects with regard to selling of property and assets. My manager is a very approachable person. I enjoy the admin
Pros
I don't work Saterdays
Cons
Possible movement to JHB
balanced job work / life
Payments administrator (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng14 September 2017
Its a great place to bank and a great place to work. I have worked at nedbank since 2009 and I'm still employed at nedbank.
The management style is relaxed and not overwhelming.
Pros
dont work saturdays
Client centric place
Claims Administrator (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng12 September 2017
Nedbank is a great place to work with great oportunities. There is growth at this company. I'm just looking for personal growth now and there's currently no oportunity
Fun and exposure
Imports and Experts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng25 August 2017
I was only employed for a short while, however during my time at Nedbank i learnt how to work in a team and being pro active. I had not experienced anything hard about this job but enjoyed it instead. I worked with a team of wonderful people, even though we were required to work overtime in most days, but it was still fun.
Pros
Free staff transport
5,0
productive integrity and accountability work place
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Gauteng17 August 2017
Nedbank is a good bank and they take care of both their clients and employees and it's fun to work at nedbank but I need to grow in my career aspects and new beginnings
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
over time
Best place to work!
Credit Administrator (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng28 June 2017
Nedbank makes things happen! The people and environment are amazing to work in. Benefits are good and there are flexi hours to help when needed most. Management is understanding and the best role models.
Pros
Amazing Year End Functions, birthday gifts and special holiday gifts
Cons
non
5,0
Awesome place to work for
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng13 June 2017
The staff is very friendly and so it management. I enjoy working here and I enjoy the energy of the people. the work is challenging but its so much fun. Im learning so much.
Pros
friends
Cons
have to wake up early
5,0
Great place to bank and work.
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, Western Cape4 May 2017
After being with the bank for 19+ years , I just need a change of environment and culture. I'm looking for a half day or part- time job to spend more time with my 2 children . I want to be a more proactive mom.
productive and job security
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Selby, Gauteng7 April 2017
I want something new and challenging and something to do with accounting as I have completed my diploma from university of Johannesburg and that is the field I want to follow
Pros
free lunches
Cons
averenge hours
Productive and fun workplace
BST Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng22 February 2017
ABF administrator creating contracts, effecting payouts, sending paid up letters and documents off to Business Docs, quoting settlements and cross border letters and Rand Payments. Capturing of VAF reports.

Creating mitigants, requesting surrender values, and checking security documents to be send them to Business Documents Department for safe keeping.

Duties: Doing Staff payments and Office, accounts claims capturing on a SAP system, checking WSP. SARS payments and unclaimed balances
QTR, UCE and CAP28A reports.
Capturing Call & DS investments transfers, openings and closings of such, Reinvesting on Maturity of investments, requesting tax certificates, placing pledge and upliftment on all investments.
Capturing refunds and reversals on current accounts and Capturing manual transfers to third party and home loans as well
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Normal hours