Nedbank Employee Reviews for Banker

Review through my eyes.
Professional Banker (Current Employee) –  V & A Waterfront27 August 2018
Working though current client base to identify selling opportunities and focussing on exceeding contracted targets and build sustainable relationships.

I learned to look at the clients need first and to build on going sustainable relationship.

Management is there to guide us individually and as a team to achieve our goals.

People centred organisation.

Although I don't have challenges in my role, the hardest I fail to understand is when you want to improve yourself is to ask what experience you have when you apply as I do feel it can be obtained while doing the new role
Pros
oppertunity to grow
Cons
far from work, drive 282 km a day
5,0
Good company to work for
Sales banker (Former Employee) –  Uitenhage, Eastern Cape18 June 2018
Nedbank look after its employees. Nedbank were good to me and my family. Pension fund not so good. Provided me with good training to do my job to my best ability...
Pros
Special bonusses
Cons
Working on Saturdays
Good company
SALES BANKER (Former Employee) –  East London18 May 2018
it was great getting peoples credit applications approved and seeing the joy on their faces. It wasn't so great when their deals were declined.A typical day at work would include signing up clients for all types of credit applications or bank accounts.
Pros
Happy Clients, Exceeding my sales, Top sales in the Eastern Cape
Cons
declined applications
4,0
Productive worth while expericence very enjoyable
Banker / Telle Banker (Former Employee) –  Gauteng, Gauteng23 December 2017
typical day was interesting because i learned to interact with different people. no two days were the same except for target but very challenging but challenge accepted.

i learned humility compassion and a great deal of understanding

management was ok even though at times we had difference of opinions

close nit we were all friends ready to assist each

delivering bad news

seeing a client satisfied with my service
Pros
free coffee
Challenging
Banker sales & service (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg North, Gauteng12 October 2017
Very challenging,interesting,exciting,security,system user friendly,open door policy,room to improve ,insentified,computable,productive fun working environment,flexible hours
Pros
Recognition
Cons
Flexible hours
5,0
The company is very productive
Banker Sales (Current Employee) –  South -Africa6 September 2017
Nedbank is a great company to work for.They are really looking after their staff .They acknowledged diversity and cultural affairs.Great place to work .
Hard work
Banker Sales and Services (Former Employee) –  Gauteng ,Kempton park29 August 2017
Working for a financial institution has great prospects when you are passionate about customer service and are willing to go the extra mile. I loved everything about it,my promotions came when i had not fully grasped some aspects but because the manager knew my potential and believed it me, i had a chance to grow within the company.
productive and team work
Banker (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng23 May 2016
working and attending to clients queries and acquiring new business, with a great sales support team we work together to accomplish our goals.

the best part of my job is knowing that i was able meet different type of clients on a daily basis and interacting with them , knowing that i am able to make a difference in an individuals life.
Secure and Enjoyable
Banker Sales (Former Employee) –  Durban6 August 2015
I Started with Ned bank after school and grew with the industry.
The Knowledge that I have gained has thought me an abundance.
I would choose to work for the company at any time.
Pros
Growth, Security, Development
Cons
Longer hours
Nice place to work at
Service Banker (Former Employee) –  Durban, ZN26 March 2015
Typical banking environment, in constant contact with customers which improved my interpersonal skills. Learned more about customer service and how to respond to difficult customers
Pros
Every day is a new day of dealing with customers
Cons
Too far from my family
4,0
Excellent training in overall business skills
Banker (Former Employee) –  Polokwane, LP5 January 2015
Nedbank offers great oppertunity for growing and learning. Nedbank work as a team with all role players involved.
Pros
Training
Cons
Na
4,0
aiming to be the best in what we do
Sales Banker (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WC30 October 2014
Busy working environment and lots of walking clients, time manage ment is vital a we target related. friendly working environment amongst co-workers. Enjoy educating my clients about the our banking products and introduce them to the digital channels.
Pros
working hours are great
Cons
target related
Banker (Former Employee) –  Lebowakgomo, LP30 October 2014
I had to deal with a difficult client in the absence of my supervisor. I learned the importance of listening, i learned to take charge of the situation and be accountable. I gave the client enough time to talk, he expressed himself and that gave me the opportunity to identify the problem. I apologized for the unwelcomed experience that the client previously had with my colleague and rectified accordingly, i also learned the importance of team work
Pros
On busy day we would not take our lunch hours and get free meals
Cons
On peak days we came early at work
5,0
Productive and fun work place,
Banker Sales and Service (Current Employee) –  Soweto, GP26 February 2014
I enjoy working in an environment that takes care of their employees and I am proactive can work well under pressure, I also learned with in the organization that I am currently employed that growth is horizontally and vertically, that one can still grow being a manager of self .

I maintain a good relationship with my colleagues, the most enjoyable part of my job is living the office knowing that you have put value to the organization and its clients, especially when a client calls you back to say thank you or a pad on the shoulder by the manager to say a job well done.

The hardest part of my job is not having to attend clients due to other obstacles that the business may encounter on daily basis like power failure as this affects my daily productivity and targets.
Pros
Free lunches
great place to work at
banker (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WC29 January 2014
it is a great place to work at, great place for growth, very target driven and wants an individual who is results driven you get a lot of support
Pros
lesser interest rates
4,0
Nedank is a healthy work and life culture, it is great place to work .
Banker (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, WC1 January 2014
Nedbank is a hive of culture from its diverse clients to its diverse staff . Typical day leads off with daily mission objectives or target ,set out by management controlled by consultants and are carried out by staff. Ensuring micro management and control . Daily activities include client management , problem solving , financial advisory and adhering to SLA's
Sales experience and client management has been enhanced in these roles . Management plays a great role in Nedbank in both development and quality control to ensure standards are achieved . The diverse staffing within Nedbank and the culture of ubuntu (our well ) creates a welcomed culture . Pressure of making Sales on all products with the ever changing regulations and management within the recession was mostly the hardest part of banking . The most satisfying part of the job is achieving sales mild stones and assisting clients in the financial needs and wants .
Pros
Culture, Finance and staff
Cons
Hours, benifits, management and regulations
5,0
I work with a lot of peaple
Banker Sales and Service (Current Employee) –  Boksburg, GP26 June 2013
I love people i love serving people and it gives me grate pleasure to help others a typical good day at work revolves around clients my work is client centered and because of that i believe in providing world class service to my clients and making a difference in there lives.

I learn that to be able to provide world class service i need to be on top of my game buy reading a lot of the banks conformance news letters about sales and productivity and having product knowledge so that i can constantly making my target on branch level.

Management is the key i believe that i am first a manger of myself i have to be accountable and responsible and extremely discipline in what i do at work. My mangers are really loved by me because i can see they diffidently lead by example the are well balance in decision making and they always available when i need them and they have strong values.

I believe that all individuals including myself should be treated with respect and always behave honestly and ethically, do what it takes for the team to succeed, whilst supporting the success of a
greater team, be out put driven but never at the expense of quality. My co-workers are awesome individuals i believe in treating others as i want to be treated with love and respect.

Its not heard its now only a pleasure what i do, i am working so long (5 years) with so much passion, i really only enjoy what i do.

The truth is money is a motivating factor to me know a higher financial contribution will really help me and make a difference in my life.

Therefore may desire is to deliver and really
  more... make a difference at the Ekurhuleni finance department.   less
Pros
The voucher for staff day, and yes free lunch, day of during the week for overtime work.
Cons
long hours every Saturdays work, little salary
Nice workplace
Banker/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth6 February 2013
The company is a well respected financial institution which provide development and growth , The work itself is enjoyable and the co-workers are really professional when it comes to work. The enjoyable part of the job was to see myself delivering to any task that has been assigned under me, meeting targets as well both monthly and yearly.
Pros
nothing
A great place to work
Banker sales and service (Current Employee) –  richards bay12 January 2013
A typical day at work would be to make sure we are ready set go to assist our clients,sometimes long queues of happy and unhappy faces we still have our game face on each and everyday. It is a challenge as banking rules and regulations have changed and become more stricter due to the rising crime in south africa.
The learning outcome of working here would be that each person is always accountable for each and every person they help.
I have great co-workers and team work is a vital part of getting through each day successfully.
Hardest part of my job is that you cannot please each and every person and you have to take the good with the bad days, as this is life.
The most enjoyable part would be the team work and accomplishment of the edays goals
Pros
staff benefits
Cons
difficult clients, strict company policies
3,0
Nedbank cares about their staff
Banker at Nedbank (Current Employee) –  Durban, Port Shepstone10 July 2012
We dont have walk in business. Most of the day is spent looking for business. Calling clients. We are situated in a very quite area, where there is no real foot fall.

If you want somthing hard enough you have to go out and get it.
Never give up, no matter how hard things seem.

Currently I have a great manager, always encouraging us to keep moving. Managers are there to manage you not do your work. It is a not an easy task, dealing with people is more difficult, than closing a deal.

Dealing with credit managers who dont sit in the area and who dont always understand our clients business on the South Coast. Getting our subdivisons to understand we are dealing with clients who need answers to application sorted out quickly.

Getting my targets met, dealing with people, making the client smile when the sign the docs for their Homeloan. Helping someone understand something they thought was too difficult.
Getting paid on the 20th
Pros
no retrenchments
Cons
i would a job without weekends