Nedbank Employee Reviews for Banker

Found 34 reviews matching the search See all 1 371 reviews
1,0
Weak managerial structure.
Sales banker (Former Employee) –  Upington, Northern Cape1 December 2019
When I was at Nedbank I never felt relaxed and at ease. The managers always threaten you with head office. Everything needs to be reffered to head office.
Target Driven
MOBILE BANKER (Current Employee) –  135 Rivonia16 October 2019
Sales Environment which is a cut throat Industry ,you have have to keep your self motivated and constantly seek out solutions for your short falls every month ,culture very target driven ,Support structure keep your self motivated
Pros
Salary
Cons
Micro Management
Extremely pressurised
Banker Sales and service (Former Employee) –  Vredenburg, Western Cape12 August 2019
no comment
Excellent training facilities and oppertunities. Market relate salaries.
Good benefits. Work life balance neutral. Only the best staff taken in consideration. Always striving to do better.
5,0
I like working with clients as its rewarding every time
Banker (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal11 August 2019
Working at Nedbank needs one to be passionate about client service.
Employees' performance is appreciated and rewarded.
Bonuses are great .
The down side is working three weekends in a month.
1,0
Working for Nedbank Contact Center (No filter)
Multi-skilled Banker (Current Employee) –  Umhlanga Durban ParkSquare8 July 2019
A day at Nedbank Contact Centre is spent mostly sitting down on calls back to back, sometimes there's not even time to take lunch you end up eating at your desk. I learnt about banking and how to handle clients from all walks of life, I have dealt with wonderful friendly clients as well as angry clients and got to learn a few things about myself. The good thing about management is they don't micro manage you, even team leaders don't, you are given a target to meet monthly, how you make that happen totally depends on you. The hardest part of this job is the stress and pressure that one works under and the impact it has on an individual, you get home and all you want to do is eat, bath and sleep like a dead person. The changes that take place are not implemented strategically, its either you swim or you die that's how they implement changes. The most enjoyable part of the job is the laughter, the jokes and the team spirit within fellow team mates.
Pros
Cons
Stress and pressure
Banker (Former Employee) –  Limpopo3 April 2019
Good management
Learned how to apply hardworking at work.
Working culture was good
Very long driving
Incentives rewards and staff development all times
Pros
More fun
Cons
Month end growd
3,0
Prductive enviroment . Staff are easy going. Managements are help ful and hands on
Banker (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal4 December 2018
Very productive environment for sales but lots oc tension when targets are not met

I enjoyed every bit even with the huge sales targets as I had a passion for my job . I also enjoyed interaction with clients and staff members . Team building was very much in focus . All staff were very involved in passing of leads and sales referrals to the bankers
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
Hours are as agreed in the contact 8am to 4 30pm
Review through my eyes.
Professional Banker (Current Employee) –  V & A Waterfront27 August 2018
Working though current client base to identify selling opportunities and focussing on exceeding contracted targets and build sustainable relationships.

I learned to look at the clients need first and to build on going sustainable relationship.

Management is there to guide us individually and as a team to achieve our goals.

People centred organisation.

Although I don't have challenges in my role, the hardest I fail to understand is when you want to improve yourself is to ask what experience you have when you apply as I do feel it can be obtained while doing the new role
Pros
oppertunity to grow
Cons
far from work, drive 282 km a day
5,0
Good company to work for
Sales banker (Former Employee) –  Uitenhage, Eastern Cape18 June 2018
Nedbank look after its employees. Nedbank were good to me and my family. Pension fund not so good. Provided me with good training to do my job to my best ability...
Pros
Special bonusses
Cons
Working on Saturdays
Good company
SALES BANKER (Former Employee) –  East London18 May 2018
it was great getting peoples credit applications approved and seeing the joy on their faces. It wasn't so great when their deals were declined.A typical day at work would include signing up clients for all types of credit applications or bank accounts.
Pros
Happy Clients, Exceeding my sales, Top sales in the Eastern Cape
Cons
declined applications
a great place to work
Banker on Call (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng17 January 2018
my Job is really fun. I meet new people everyday.a manager of self. work flexible hours.I learned a lot through the Nedbank values.my manager is great.the pressure can make one frustrated but the rewards are of great value
Pros
flaxible working hours
Cons
targets
Productive and interesting
Banker Sales (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape16 January 2018
Challenging and interesting days. Lots to learn and many different and diverse cultures. I learned many administrative skills and there was no hard part to the position only learning curves.
4,0
Productive worth while expericence very enjoyable
Banker / Telle Banker (Former Employee) –  Gauteng, Gauteng23 December 2017
typical day was interesting because i learned to interact with different people. no two days were the same except for target but very challenging but challenge accepted.

i learned humility compassion and a great deal of understanding

management was ok even though at times we had difference of opinions

close nit we were all friends ready to assist each

delivering bad news

seeing a client satisfied with my service
Pros
free coffee
quite positive overall
Banker Sales (Former Employee) –  Gautenge and KZN31 October 2017
Nedbank was one of the best companies to work for in South Africa and the Deep green aspiration was working wonders in the market place. The bank should have capitalized on the positive market towards it.
Challenging
Banker sales & service (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg North, Gauteng12 October 2017
Very challenging,interesting,exciting,security,system user friendly,open door policy,room to improve ,insentified,computable,productive fun working environment,flexible hours
Pros
Recognition
Cons
Flexible hours
5,0
The company is very productive
Banker Sales (Current Employee) –  South -Africa6 September 2017
Nedbank is a great company to work for.They are really looking after their staff .They acknowledged diversity and cultural affairs.Great place to work .
Hard work
Banker Sales and Services (Former Employee) –  Gauteng ,Kempton park29 August 2017
Working for a financial institution has great prospects when you are passionate about customer service and are willing to go the extra mile. I loved everything about it,my promotions came when i had not fully grasped some aspects but because the manager knew my potential and believed it me, i had a chance to grow within the company.
productive and team work
Banker (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng23 May 2016
working and attending to clients queries and acquiring new business, with a great sales support team we work together to accomplish our goals.

the best part of my job is knowing that i was able meet different type of clients on a daily basis and interacting with them , knowing that i am able to make a difference in an individuals life.
Secure and Enjoyable
Banker Sales (Former Employee) –  Durban6 August 2015
I Started with Ned bank after school and grew with the industry.
The Knowledge that I have gained has thought me an abundance.
I would choose to work for the company at any time.
Pros
Growth, Security, Development
Cons
Longer hours
Nice place to work at
Service Banker (Former Employee) –  Durban, ZN26 March 2015
Typical banking environment, in constant contact with customers which improved my interpersonal skills. Learned more about customer service and how to respond to difficult customers
Pros
Every day is a new day of dealing with customers
Cons
Too far from my family