Nedbank Employee Reviews for Call Center Representative

Found 60 reviews matching the search See all 1 371 reviews
Productive And Challenging Day
Call Agent (Current Employee) –  Umhlanga17 July 2019
Dealing with a variety of challenges is all in a days work, working with and helping people from all walks of life , everyday is a learning experience.
Pros
Learning about money
Cons
High stress environment
1,0
Management forcing agents to leave
call center agent (Former Employee) –  Umhlanga, Park square23 June 2019
This place stinks because of the bad attitude of Management. Managers show no respect for agents. #you are just a number. They can't even do their own work. Agents are forced to take Manager calls and their excuse is that it is part of the development plan. Utter rubbish and nonsense. Managers behave like they own the place. Agents do all their dirty work and they take the credit.
You are forced to work 3 Saturdays a month.
You must help other areas when they haven't even trained you on a product. When you ask a question then you are victimised.
Pros
Come again?
Cons
Horrible attitude of Management. Terrible working hours
1,0
Is this a joke or is it a bad dream.
Call agent (Former Employee) –  Umhlanga, KwaZulu-Natal22 June 2019
It's now a terrible place to work. Highly stressful. staff are treated very badly. Bad shifting. Bad management. If you want to die from stress then accept a job here. Management comes stands behind you once you are taking long to help a client. Not to help you but rush you. Does not matter what the client wants. This department went to the dogs. It's a joke really. Staff are being abused.
Pros
Cons
Extended hours. Bad management. You are just a number.
1,0
Management will close this place
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Umhlanga, Park square21 June 2019
#Resigning last week was the best thing I did. The Contact Center has gone to the dogs. Ncc used to be a great place to work at but since they started giving power to the wrong people and making them MANAGERS it has reached junk status. Managers do not respect agents and just treat them badly. They ain't even good enough to take Manager calls. You are expected to rush clients who call for help because your Manager and other managers are standing behind you and rushing you. is this how things are supposed to work?
they are responsible for putting people in hospital and forcing them to resign. Managers are not even properly trained to answer questions that clients ask. pathetic. they push you for sales but don't even give u time to call a client that wants to be called back. u must sit in your 30 minutes lunch to call a client. what a joke.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Bad management, bad decisionmaking, bad working hours
Pathetic
contact Center agent (Former Employee) –  park square umhlanga durban17 June 2019
Not a good place to work at. You are made to work on 3 Saturdays a month. The scheduling is pathetic. Come to work at 8 and u get tea at 8:15??? Managers treat us badly. They think that we are kids. They think that you have control over your call duration and will come and sit on your head to finish the call. When its busy they need to take calls. We want to see how they manage call duration. They want us to make Sales but forget that we service clients. You are not valued. Quality Coaches always will find a problem with ur calls.
This place is a joke
Pros
nothing
Cons
Bad management. pathetic working hours
no care and respect
call agent (Former Employee) –  park square umhlanga13 June 2019
worse place to work at. you are forced to sign flexy contrect to work long hours and management think u got no life. they stand behind u and rush u when u on long call. theres no respect or care they treat us like trash. u have to sit in teas and lunches to call clients. they want u to help clients on products u dont even know. wrong ways they have. promotions is given to managers favoretes even if they not qualefy for job. if u tell something then u get victimised and embarased in front of evryone. managers dont take manager calls. they give it to agents and make it our problem. managers are lazy. only know how to gossip laugh and take long lunch. senor management is worse. only want sales but not looking after clients they have. staff was treated like chuldren.
left that h#ll.
Pros
non
Cons
poor management. long hours. no respect
@ The Nedbank Contact Centre staff are just employee numbers
Call agent (Former Employee) –  Umhlanga, KwaZulu-Natal11 June 2019
You are treated like a child no matter how long you have been working there. Management has no respect for the employees. Forced to work extra extended hours... 3 Saturdays a month is no life. They making their staff assist clients on products that they haven't received any training on.... Shud t this be illigal.... Working at the Nedbank contact Centre is like working in a he## hole.
Pros
Cons
Extended hours. Bad management. You are just a number.
No respect.
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Umhlanga, KwaZulu-Natal31 May 2019
After working a few years in the contact center its sad to see how things have changed. You are forced to sign a flex i hour contract. Management and team leaders have no way of speaking and treating staff!! All about targets , use to be the client comes first no way you are pressured in forcing client into digital whether a client want it or understand it esp older clients. You do your best helping clients yet you get scolded and threaten for being to long on a call trying to assist the client. When on leave you are forced to work the Saturday if you cant find a swop, Heaven forbid you are in the hospital or even close to dying when it is your Saturday to work you are not allowed sick leave on a Saturday and you will work it back. Shifts are what is best for the bushiness without no consideration for staff at all. You are working under the " fear of God" whole time being scolded and belittled by management and team leaders . So many staff has left and they do not care at all . The promote fairness and values yet they abuse us treat staff like a nothing. You are the underdog that must take all the abuse from clients and management who has no respect. Does not matter how good or hard you work if you are not in with management or team leaders you can forget any promotion or growth . Few week of training provided for all products and you are expected to sink or swim no matter how it is impacting the client only one care and that is stats and to make sla. So sad to see so many co workers leaving Nedbank.
Not what it use to be.
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal8 May 2019
Use to look forward to go to work but in the last two years things have changed so much. You are only a number. Management only care about targets been made, working under fear when you will be dismissed not willing to listen to staffs opinion as you are replaced in a blink of an eye.
Pros
Staff rates
Cons
Wotking in constant fear.
4,0
Has a lot of growth/ and great place to work in
call center agent (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal12 March 2019
Nedbank is a great bank to work with. I only resigned I had a lot of family problems and I couldn't keep up si ce it's a bank we had targets to meet and I couldn't. The work ethic is great among all cultures. Nedbank respects the Government laws so much . Nedbank values th wellness of its employees.
Pros
Year end functions
Cons
Targets sales
3,0
Client centric high stress levels exposure to all ptoducts
Call agent (Current Employee) –  Newtown Johannesburg27 February 2019
A typical day at work consist of helping clients probing finding on call solutions adding value added services creating a need and introducing them to products. Showing them better solutions making their money work for them from home loans to credit cards to all kinds of accounts
Pros
Staff rates in banking personal loans and home loans
Cons
Shift work too many products
Fun,productive and homely
CONSULTANT (CALL AGENT) (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal22 January 2019
They value their employees so much,they train and develop their employees there is always opportunities of growth and have programmes in place for their employees that can assist them if they have problems they are not just programmes just to be there ,they are actually in use.like counseling. Work equity they are able to listen to their employees if they have an input without freight and it is safe place to work in.there is no input from me for they stand as their slogan.
Pros
Benefits, incentives, good environment etc.
Cons
Make permanent position
5,0
Hard work hardly anytime for play
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Durban, ZA10 January 2019
I really don't have much to say with Nedbank as I weren't working there for a long period. But it was a good company treated people fairly..I got to work there by pure luck or should I say GOD...because my interview did not go WELL at all! To be honest I HATE interviews with all my heart and my manager gave me a chance because I honestly told him that I know I'm going to fail this interview BUT if you give me this job I can assure you that I will do my BEST and that's just what I did..went in there with no experience but came out on TOP every month with the incentives! All the permanent staff were quite MAD!😉 but what I can say I do my BEST with every job experience or not.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Work till 8pm 3 times a week
Fun and professional
CALL AGENT (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal8 January 2019
Nedbank is one of the greatest companies to work for and I thoroughly enjoyed myself to serve in the company. The campany takes good care of it's employees.
Pros
Free tea/coffee
Cons
Late shifts
great work place
Contact Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng13 April 2018
The culture of was of a very supportive staff and great staff benefits, good working hours. company always had great staff activities

they had safe environment for workers and safety was assured at all times.
Pros
incentives for perfomance and awards
Cons
management could do better
Busy workplace
Call agent (Current Employee) –  Newtown Junction, johannesburg4 April 2018
Each day i am faced with different challenges. From helping clients by educating them on their bank accounts or even closing accounts. Although we have targets,i always go above and beyond of what is expected from me
Pros
Helping clients
Cons
Not enough incentives
Ok experience
Retention Call Agent (Current Employee) –  Gauteng21 February 2018
Average experience , job security, average pay , good leadership caring environment , good HR department with caring staff and leadership , would like to leave due to lack of growth
stressful and demanding
Call Agent (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal20 February 2018
I had quite an experience to be honest ,the work and pressure was not an issue it was very exciting and challenging which is fun my only concern was the poor management
Pros
free telephone calls
Cons
long hours and expensive transport fees
3,0
Productive and relaxing work place
Call Agent (Former Employee) –  Mount Edgecombe, KwaZulu-Natal23 January 2018
Great working environment. Friendly staff members. Working as a team was being promoted daily. Teamleaders respected call agents and vise verser. There's always room for growth and improvement.
Pros
Free hot beverages served at canteen
Cons
Work load was always high
Nedbank call Agent (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng1 December 2017
Nedbank is a great company to work for based on my experience and knowledge I've learned a lot within the company their values respect ,pushing beyond boundaries people centred and accountability