Nedbank Employee Reviews for Call Center Representative

1,0
no care and respect
call agent (Former Employee) –  park square umhlanga13 June 2019
worse place to work at. you are forced to sign flexy contrect to work long hours and management think u got no life. they stand behind u and rush u when u on long call. theres no respect or care they treat us like trash. u have to sit in teas and lunches to call clients. they want u to help clients on products u dont even know. wrong ways they have. promotions is given to managers favoretes even if they not qualefy for job. if u tell something then u get victimised and embarased in front of evryone. managers dont take manager calls. they give it to agents and make it our problem. managers are lazy. only know how to gossip laugh and take long lunch. senor management is worse. only want sales but not looking after clients they have. staff was treated like chuldren.
left that h#ll.
Pros
non
Cons
poor management. long hours. no respect
1,0
@ The Nedbank Contact Centre staff are just employee numbers
Call agent (Former Employee) –  Umhlanga, KwaZulu-Natal11 June 2019
You are treated like a child no matter how long you have been working there. Management has no respect for the employees. Forced to work extra extended hours... 3 Saturdays a month is no life. They making their staff assist clients on products that they haven't received any training on.... Shud t this be illigal.... Working at the Nedbank contact Centre is like working in a he## hole.
Pros
Cons
Extended hours. Bad management. You are just a number.
No respect.
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Umhlanga, KwaZulu-Natal31 May 2019
After working a few years in the contact center its sad to see how things have changed. You are forced to sign a flex i hour contract. Management and team leaders have no way of speaking and treating staff!! All about targets , use to be the client comes first no way you are pressured in forcing client into digital whether a client want it or understand it esp older clients. You do your best helping clients yet you get scolded and threaten for being to long on a call trying to assist the client. When on leave you are forced to work the Saturday if you cant find a swop, Heaven forbid you are in the hospital or even close to dying when it is your Saturday to work you are not allowed sick leave on a Saturday and you will work it back. Shifts are what is best for the bushiness without no consideration for staff at all. You are working under the " fear of God" whole time being scolded and belittled by management and team leaders . So many staff has left and they do not care at all . The promote fairness and values yet they abuse us treat staff like a nothing. You are the underdog that must take all the abuse from clients and management who has no respect. Does not matter how good or hard you work if you are not in with management or team leaders you can forget any promotion or growth . Few week of training provided for all products and you are expected to sink or swim no matter how it is impacting the client only one care and that is stats and to make sla. So sad to see so many co workers leaving Nedbank.
Not what it use to be.
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal8 May 2019
Use to look forward to go to work but in the last two years things have changed so much. You are only a number. Management only care about targets been made, working under fear when you will be dismissed not willing to listen to staffs opinion as you are replaced in a blink of an eye.
Pros
Staff rates
Cons
Wotking in constant fear.
3,0
Client centric high stress levels exposure to all ptoducts
Call agent (Current Employee) –  Newtown Johannesburg27 February 2019
A typical day at work consist of helping clients probing finding on call solutions adding value added services creating a need and introducing them to products. Showing them better solutions making their money work for them from home loans to credit cards to all kinds of accounts
Pros
Staff rates in banking personal loans and home loans
Cons
Shift work too many products
Fun,productive and homely
CONSULTANT (CALL AGENT) (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal22 January 2019
They value their employees so much,they train and develop their employees there is always opportunities of growth and have programmes in place for their employees that can assist them if they have problems they are not just programmes just to be there ,they are actually in use.like counseling. Work equity they are able to listen to their employees if they have an input without freight and it is safe place to work in.there is no input from me for they stand as their slogan.
Pros
Benefits, incentives, good environment etc.
Cons
Make permanent position
Busy workplace
Call agent (Current Employee) –  Newtown Junction, johannesburg4 April 2018
Each day i am faced with different challenges. From helping clients by educating them on their bank accounts or even closing accounts. Although we have targets,i always go above and beyond of what is expected from me
Pros
Helping clients
Cons
Not enough incentives
stressful and demanding
Call Agent (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal20 February 2018
I had quite an experience to be honest ,the work and pressure was not an issue it was very exciting and challenging which is fun my only concern was the poor management
Pros
free telephone calls
Cons
long hours and expensive transport fees
3,0
productive and challenging
Call Centre Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mount Edgecombe, KwaZulu-Natal10 September 2017
My day has new experiences everyday depending on client's query, there are good days and yes bad days but overall we try and manage the situation and service our client the best way possible.
Pros
competition for incentives
Cons
systems let down at times
5,0
productive and fun place to work
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Mount Edgecombe, KwaZulu-Natal27 July 2017
Working at Nedbank has been a great pleasure. It has been an experience and has changed the way I think, it has taught me how to value customers. I have learnt alot and have experienced everything to better myself and to help myself grow.

I have also learnt how to work as a team and inspire others.

I have learnt the duties of what it take to be a team leader and be responsible for other people. Nedbank has taught me alot about how to treat the clients and also to make sure the client is also happy
Pros
great place to work
Cons
no place for growth
Fun and productive
Call Agent (Current Employee) –  Durban, Mount edgecombe24 July 2017
Nedbank is a great company one could work for. The only reason I'm hunting for another job whilst working for that amazing company is for my own growth.
Pros
Recognition when doing great
Cons
Doing one thing from day in to day out.
productive and accomodating workplace
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng7 December 2016
It was a 4 Months contract and being there taught me alot socially and personally especially when working with clients how you adjust your emotions,manner of approach,how to be accountable,respect your colleagues also how to adjust personal emotions when you in the workplace.
Pros
free food vouchers during training
Cons
long lunch hours on fridays
2,0
productive and great place to work
Call Centre Agent (Inbound) (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng17 November 2016
Nedbank is a great place to work , there are lots of opportunities for growth and development.

yet i feel that qualification is more important than the experience even if one has been with the company for years.
Pros
great support
Cons
salary and benefits
Call Agent (Current Employee) –  Durban North, KwaZulu-Natal15 September 2016
Nedbank is a great place to work. I'm grateful for the opportunity. I want to leave because I want to work with clients on face to face basic. The call centre environment is no longer my ideal place to work
Benefits
Cons
No cons
Call Agent (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng17 April 2016
Get to work , greet all that is there id your department, each day you learnt to communicate better that the day before,

Management *sends the requirements for the day ,

Co-workers * we work as a team ,

Hardest part is when a client needs assistance with trouble shooting but they are not doing what you are advising them to do ,

Most enjoyable part * is the feeling of achievement when you have successfully assisted a client , or provided positive response.
Pros
empowering with knowlewdge
Cons
Time frame in changing departments
Best Company to work
call centre agent collections (Current Employee) –  Gauteng10 September 2015
Call clients for collections of arrears on Credit Cards. Collections using automotive dialling system on various credit cards, negotiate and educate clients on the consequences of defaulting on payments.
Pros
Interacting with various departments
Assisting my client
Call agent (Former Employee) –  Durban15 June 2015
The team i worked with was amazing, we serviced a high calibre of clients that are very demanding and require things done urgently at most of the time, its been easier to service them with tools provided by the business and you learn so much especially with concierge queries where clients can request for anything from reserving tables at a restuarant, travel requirements, etc I have learned that a customer is number one and you cannot compromise on service
Pros
Monthly lunches
Cons
working alternate Saturdays(as i attend lectures every saturday)
4,0
Productive and fun place to work at
Call Centre Consultant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg North, GP7 January 2015
In all honesty, it was a productive and fun place to work at as mentioned above, the environment is friendly an the ethic is at high.. The is room for growth for a individual that is interested in banking/finance.
Pros
Room for learning, good environment, free goods at times.
Cons
Workload doesnt balance salary.
4,0
I did enjoy working for nedbank but i had to quite to further my studies.
call centre agent (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP5 May 2014
Its when I recieved a call from the client who wanted to speak with my manager without verifying himself, I called the manager than he started swearing to my manager than I had to take that call so that I can understand what was the client requesting only to find he wanted to know why was his interest rate higher if his settling his personal loan account.
What I've learned is that listening is the skill cos my manager didn't listen to the client.
With my management they taught me to work hard and work with my colleuges actually work as a team.
My co-workers they were very good people even though we were a small team in my department.
Capturing the loan applications for clients the appl form was to long so the calls will cut off.
Working overtime from 4 to 8 at night I9 used to like it because I used reach my target.
Pros
Free transport at night
Cons
Overtime
production , Educational
Internet Banking Specialist - Call Agent (Current Employee) –  Durban, ZN9 March 2014
* when my systems logins / password and all are giving me problems. and can not get to do what I do best immediately.
assisting clients.

* coming in as early as possible, updating my systems frequently making sure everything is up and running by the time I have to logon.

* as a manager of self it is my responsibility to keep my reporting line in the loop providing all required from myself & asking where I don't understand. we currently having a healthy working relationship with Adhesh.

* team work is what give the best stats @ the end of the day. working hand in hand with my co-workers will give us best stats.

* when I have to advissed the client we have to end the call withought having to resolve the query. it has to be escalated they need to wait.

*The sound on the voice of each client after being assisted in a friendly manner.
Pros
team buildings / free lunches
Cons
shift