Nedbank Employee Reviews for Teller

Fun workplace
BANKER TELLER (Former Employee) –  Bloemfontein, Free State3 August 2019
Nedbank is a big entity and it was very nice working for a company of this magnitude. I think in my opinion they have to work hard on structuring their development and growth of the employees.
5,0
Multi Functional Bulk Teller (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng6 June 2019
I really enjoyed my time with Nedbank .There is a balance between work and personal. Work environment is fare and transparent. Opportunity for growth .
2,0
Some things just stay the same day in and day out.
Teller/Enquiries/Foreign Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gauteng; South Africa22 April 2019
Nedbank is a great company to work for as there are a lot one can learn when it comes to working in the banking industry. Due to the fact that the banking industry in South Africa is so highly competitive, Nedbank has over the years lost its way from being people centred.

It's a company that, should you ever become employed by it, attention and development is not a priority.
4,0
Banker Teller / Sales and Services (Former Employee) –  King William’s Town, Eastern Cape28 March 2019
Great place to work. Team work is very important in this industry which they collaborate perfectly with their values. It is a quick thinking environment which gives you skills in all areas especially alertness.
Pros
Excellent environment
Cons
No growth
productive work place
teller/ enquiries clerk (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape11 March 2019
I 100% regret leaving Nedbank. If i should be given the opportunity i would go back immediately. I left out of frustration and due to management not being supportive. Should've just stuck it out till they retired
work friendly
multifuctional teller (Current Employee) –  Gauteng4 December 2018
we are team players treating our client like our special guest and we understand that the clients complains because they care they don't want to leave us and the thing that differentiate us from our competitors is service so make sure deliver the world class service so that they can come back for more and tell others about us
Pros
every month
Cons
overtime will do
Fulfilling workplace
Teller (Former Employee) –  Grahamstown, Eastern Cape13 July 2018
A professional an fulfilling environment, to both clients, employees and management.Where everything is systemecaly made to be convenient and can easily learnt.
However numerical accuracy is the hard part to me and banking advice is the most enjoyable.
Pros
working hours
Cons
break times
Productive and focused
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Epping, Western Cape24 April 2018
One needs to be focused and well observing.

Everyday there's something,different like the clients that come banking.
Pressure of the accurate amount of cash in and outgoing.
Culture is always welcoming.

Being there at the right time to help and assist.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Queues
a strict environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Klerksdorp, North West16 March 2018
needed high level of concentration, vigilance, politeness yet firm, know your facts and be able to explain to the clients, high level of confidentiality,
4,0
busy at times but enjoyable
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Estcourt16 March 2018
Morning meeting before we commence our duties, throughout the interaction with clients. A lot was learnt, eg learning to relate to individual clients, and people skills. Hardest part was standing almost the whole 8 hrs servicing clients. Most enjoyable was interaction with new people everyday, and my friendly collegues.
Pros
non
Cons
Long hours standing
5,0
It was a good company and I enjoyed working for them.
Teller and enquiries (Former Employee) –  Cape Town10 March 2018
I enjoyed working for the company,but as a mother I had to make a very hash decision between my job and my family. I will go back to the company my family are sorted out know.
4,0
good company to work for
Teller (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng11 January 2018
A typical day at Nebank's retail is fast paced, demanding, challenging and rewarding in terms of growth. i have learned to carry myself in a manner which a professional arena requires, communicate with a higher level of proficiency which is a leg up when it comes to selling.Management is there for guidance their experience is a road map, ask they will point you to the right direction. the workplace culture is dynamic gives room for exploration. the hardest part of the job was learning on the job, you learn the hard way, you just be cautious your mishaps are not costly. the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new faces(clients, colleagues) just building rapport, its about the people at the end of the day.
Pros
job security
Good opportunites
Teller (Former Employee) –  Rosebank, Gauteng4 January 2018
Nedbank offers the opportunity for staff to grow within the company . They offer events for the whole family to enjoy. It has been quite some time ago since I have work for them...
Pros
Good incentives
Cons
I worked in Rosebank and travelling to and from was to far.
5,0
Informative and committed to growth
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal12 November 2017
Typical day at work starts with checking your balance for any discrepancies, and then preparing your work desk for the day, making sure that all your equipment is near you.

We then would have morning meetings for any new information that we need to be aware of in terms of procedure and fraud.

Then when the branch opens you must be by your workplace, ready to greet clients with a smile and address whatever query they need you to attend.

The most enjoyable part of the work is in helping the clients who sometimes are in desperate need of their funds, seeing them walk out with a smile is a real good feeling.

The hardest part was working with limited workforce and equipment.
Pros
great culture and professional training
Cons
poor management
Typical day at work
Teller (Current Employee) –  Lenasia, Gauteng21 September 2017
I work well with my team and have a good relationship with management. Nedbank live their culture and inspires me. I have learned so much at Nedbank not only is there things to learn and understand in my employed roll, but there are different aspects to focus on and do things differently. Assist customers and a smile is what i enjoy and the environment is very friendly. I enjoy my work very much, every aspects of it.
Pros
Acknowledgement for good work
Cons
hours were shortened
Fun workibg
Teller (Former Employee) –  Pretoria North, Gauteng23 August 2017
Great experience and also self development, create manager and good salary, reason for living was far from home. Developing opportunity as individuals
work friendly environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Pinelands, Western Cape17 July 2017
my typical day at work is from 08:00 - 16:00, with an hour lunch that's if we not busy because sometime we don't take lunches we need to assist the long lines. We have great working environment though and i love working with people that is Nedbank clients, i do all paperwork for a teller, assist clients with deposit, change of cheque, problem with the account, i recently started with foreign exchange which is soo challenging but i enjoy it.
Pros
Birthday Breakfast
Cons
working on weekends
3,0
Productive and fun ..with growing opertunities
Teller (impilo) (Former Employee) –  Gauteng23 May 2017
It was my first experience in working for the financial industry and i enjoyed it ..Nedbank is truly a bank to be reckon with from the co workers to back office was an experience... yes as there is in every work place difficulties among staff and employees, I experience that as well but the good of the company out weighs the bad !!! Unfortunately I resign due to personal situations ..but it was indeed a wonderful advancement to my first employment experience and ivd learned so much there😊😊...
Pros
Co workers
Boring
Teller (Former Employee) –  Pinelands, Western Cape17 May 2017
Being a teller at this company was the same job day in and out. The only difference was the clients on a daily basis. Unfortunately alot is expected from tellers without a good enough salary is paid.
Pros
Cons
Saturdays and Sundays at some branches
2,0
not to bad
Teller (Former Employee) –  vryheid South africa30 March 2017
The staff is not bad,but they all work under very stress full sircomstances . The management does not really care for the staff. but over all the staff is nice