Nedbank Management reviews

Pathetic
contact Center agent (Former Employee) –  park square umhlanga durban17 June 2019
Not a good place to work at. You are made to work on 3 Saturdays a month. The scheduling is pathetic. Come to work at 8 and u get tea at 8:15??? Managers treat us badly. They think that we are kids. They think that you have control over your call duration and will come and sit on your head to finish the call. When its busy they need to take calls. We want to see how they manage call duration. They want us to make Sales but forget that we service clients. You are not valued. Quality Coaches always will find a problem with ur calls.
This place is a joke
Pros
nothing
Cons
Bad management. pathetic working hours
dictatorship at its best
Agent (Former Employee) –  park square umhlanga14 June 2019
It was good a few years ago but REAP messed it up. Instead of undoing the wrongs they go and mess it up further by introducing the BANKER SKILL. Agents running around trying to help the client because no training was provided.
Introducing FLEXIBLE HOURS to try and undo the wrongs. Making Agents come in on 3 Saturdays a month and thinking that they have nothing better to do. Managers not respecting Agents and behaving like Dictators. You will get to see this if you decide to accept a job here.
Pros
You must be joking
Cons
Poor management. Long hours. No respect or care by Management
no care and respect
call agent (Former Employee) –  park square umhlanga13 June 2019
worse place to work at. you are forced to sign flexy contrect to work long hours and management think u got no life. they stand behind u and rush u when u on long call. theres no respect or care they treat us like trash. u have to sit in teas and lunches to call clients. they want u to help clients on products u dont even know. wrong ways they have. promotions is given to managers favoretes even if they not qualefy for job. if u tell something then u get victimised and embarased in front of evryone. managers dont take manager calls. they give it to agents and make it our problem. managers are lazy. only know how to gossip laugh and take long lunch. senor management is worse. only want sales but not looking after clients they have. staff was treated like chuldren.
left that h#ll.
Pros
non
Cons
poor management. long hours. no respect
@ The Nedbank Contact Centre staff are just employee numbers
Call agent (Former Employee) –  Umhlanga, KwaZulu-Natal11 June 2019
You are treated like a child no matter how long you have been working there. Management has no respect for the employees. Forced to work extra extended hours... 3 Saturdays a month is no life. They making their staff assist clients on products that they haven't received any training on.... Shud t this be illigal.... Working at the Nedbank contact Centre is like working in a he## hole.
Pros
Cons
Extended hours. Bad management. You are just a number.
1,0
Worst company to work on
Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sandton ,Johannesburg6 June 2019
Not a good to company work on . The company is managed by micromanagement and the also showing racism by managers.
There is one manager who shows lot of racism and treating the employees as workers .Please be cautious with him.
No respect.
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Umhlanga, KwaZulu-Natal31 May 2019
After working a few years in the contact center its sad to see how things have changed. You are forced to sign a flex i hour contract. Management and team leaders have no way of speaking and treating staff!! All about targets , use to be the client comes first no way you are pressured in forcing client into digital whether a client want it or understand it esp older clients. You do your best helping clients yet you get scolded and threaten for being to long on a call trying to assist the client. When on leave you are forced to work the Saturday if you cant find a swop, Heaven forbid you are in the hospital or even close to dying when it is your Saturday to work you are not allowed sick leave on a Saturday and you will work it back. Shifts are what is best for the bushiness without no consideration for staff at all. You are working under the " fear of God" whole time being scolded and belittled by management and team leaders . So many staff has left and they do not care at all . The promote fairness and values yet they abuse us treat staff like a nothing. You are the underdog that must take all the abuse from clients and management who has no respect. Does not matter how good or hard you work if you are not in with management or team leaders you can forget any promotion or growth . Few week of training provided for all products and you are expected to sink or swim no matter how it is impacting the client only one care and that is stats and to make sla. So sad to see so many co workers leaving Nedbank.
Fun and very Results oriented
Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandton24 May 2019
If I could get an opportunity to be employed again, it would be a dream come true.
I still have the Green Blood Pumping in my Body.
I enjoyed my job thoroughly within the Payroll Department. I enjoy working with the people I dealt with and we had a Mutual Respect from Staff and Management.

I miss working for nedbank.
If the Recruitment Team can view my Cv and experience I have gained from Nedbank, I will be most Grateful.
Pros
Recognition for your Unselfish input
balanced environment
Banker Sales/Call agent/collection agent (Former Employee) –  Gauteng/Durban21 May 2019
Relaxed, fun and productive environment .

there are many new skills I have acquired , such as dealing with different types of people, time management , dealing with stressful situations.
Pros
Free refreshments
Cons
non that i can think of
Productive and learning
Post Writes OFF Officer (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg North, Gauteng18 May 2019
I enjoy working with people and learning different products , processes etc. I like to learn and gain alot of experience by understanding how the company works and my role and ensuring my duties get completed
Pros
Great place to work at
Cons
Bad Management
Proffessionally run top SA Bank,
AREA CLIENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg15 May 2019
Senior management lead the business with skill and a very high awareness of strategic positioning, mixed with extremely high ethics.
The bank is taking the lead in advancing in technology.
Pros
Culture.
1,0
Is the nice place to work for,my collegues was very good.
Multifuctional Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gauteng10 May 2019
I remember,my first day at Nedbank lady called Reyaan welcomed me with warm hands.Nedbank is not the company I can refer other people,management is not good.
Pros
Cons
158 hours
Not what it use to be.
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal8 May 2019
Use to look forward to go to work but in the last two years things have changed so much. You are only a number. Management only care about targets been made, working under fear when you will be dismissed not willing to listen to staffs opinion as you are replaced in a blink of an eye.
Pros
Staff rates
Cons
Wotking in constant fear.
excellent
CENTRE FOR LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT TRAINING (Former Employee) –  Muldersdrift, Gauteng30 April 2019
excellent working condition. I would really like to get my job back at Nedbank Olwazini - Centre for leadership and management development.. It was great working there I resigned amicably and would like to get back again.
Pros
free lunches
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng27 April 2019
I started my career with Nedbank and i enjoyed every moment with them up until i decided to explore new ideas with other financial institutions.Management was great.
Pros
Staff recognitions
Cons
Staff fees
15 years
Merchandising Executions/Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng24 April 2019
In my 15 years at Nedbank the environment, management and culture morphed into a green monster in the last 3 years.
I worked for and was passionate about this organisation and loved to go to work starting by choice at 4.30am.
Nedbank, over the last 3 years has lost its values of being people centred and retaining talent through bad management.

Nedbank still operates with an old hierarchy Management style and silo approach instead of a Leadership and people centric approach.

People don't leave organisations, they leave Managers.
Pros
nothing is free
Cons
bad management
4,0
Personal Loan Consaltant (Current Employee) –  KwaZulu-Natal, Empangeni12 April 2019
Nedbank is great place to work for, We we work as a team and we also encourage and respect each other. I have learned a lot of things since I joined nedbank, things like how to handle pressure and focus.

Management style is good
the hardest part of the job is when you not deliver on your expectation.
Nedbank
Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  City of Johannesburg, Gauteng9 April 2019
My typical day i generated contracts for clients wishing to purchase vehicles . Was a fantastic working environment , i enjoyed going to work . Reason i left was because i wished to study further . Fantastic management !!
Pros
Great management
Cons
i cant think of any
productive work place
teller/ enquiries clerk (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape11 March 2019
I 100% regret leaving Nedbank. If i should be given the opportunity i would go back immediately. I left out of frustration and due to management not being supportive. Should've just stuck it out till they retired
Number 2 bank thst looks aftet their empl
Banking Clerk/Administration (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng20 February 2019
There was continues learning for other departments as well so that when they were lacking behind I could assist. I was also helping my Manager with the monthly report and heading the Department when he is not there. We were supporting one another in the Department and had a healthy relationship. We used to celebrate mother's day, woman's day and it will be so much fun. I was doing a lot of community work with some of my colleagues. I would collect money from colleagues and we will buy staff for the Nkanyezi school and we will deliver to them and also at Christmas will buy presents for terminal I'll children at Baragwanatgh and enjoy with them.Right now I teach children happy living, I teac them self love, respect and responsibility that go hand in hand with their rights.
Pros
When we were very busy Management bought lunch for staff
Cons
Working on Saturday
Great place to work at
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Eastern Cape6 February 2019
A great place to work just be oreparrf to work under presure always as there is no time to relax. Make time for everything as time management is very important.

Look out for self dont be tempted security is tight and stick to the rules.
Pros
Appreciation day
Cons
Dnt take care of employees