Nedbank Management reviews

Found 463 reviews matching the search See all 1 393 reviews
It's a good company
Ops Administrator (Former Employee) –  Newtown, Gauteng7 January 2020
They have a good working environment lovely staff management is okay they are understanding they treat everyone fairly.everyone gets a fair chance at the company
Pros
Working hours
Cons
No cons on my side
Productive and fun workplace
promoter (Former Employee) –  Bloemfontein, Free State3 January 2020
It was a hectic but manageable work experience and I got to learn to work under pressure with various characters of people. The management was organised and i enjoyed getting learn more about the company's various aspects I did not know about.
high pressure environment
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  135 Rivonia27 December 2019
high pressured working environment on a daily basis. a culture driven by fear. hardest part of the job was dealing with internal office politics and power play.
Productive and respectiful
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape17 December 2019
I glad to part of the Nedbank team. The environment can get very stressful with long working hours. At the same time it can be very relax and everyone is treated with respect as a human being not a number.
Great banking culture!
OMBUDSMAN LIAISON MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng11 December 2019
Head office environment created a feeling of professionalism at all times. My manager(s) were wonderful! Top management still manage with 'silo' mentality although, the culture around this is changing. I really enjoyed my eleven years at the bank!
fun work place
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  135 Rivonia Road Sandown3 December 2019
fun work environment. overtime opportunities. bad management though. flexible work hours, could improve on the company culture. less growth opportunities
2,0
It is not a good place to work
Personal Loans Consultant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng1 December 2019
The management sucks,they dont follow process they hire people based on that they know them,managers owned the company if the manager hates you, you will be streesed everyday and end up loosing your job
1,0
Weak managerial structure.
Sales banker (Former Employee) –  Upington, Northern Cape1 December 2019
When I was at Nedbank I never felt relaxed and at ease. The managers always threaten you with head office. Everything needs to be reffered to head office.
3,0
productive and fun to work for
COLLECTIONS ADVISOR(INBOUND AND OUTBOUND) (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal28 November 2019
enjoyed myself from the word go. staff and management was very friendly couldn't tell the old and new staff.

job is manageable even though its more challenging
Very good
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Nelspruit, Mpumalanga26 November 2019
It was Excellent and outstanding very enjoyable working in Nedbank.the energy and the vibe and the people there where very good to me.especially management.i've learned a lot in Nedbank.it is one of the good companies you can't go wrong with.
employees and salarys
Handyman (Former Employee) –  135 Sandton26 November 2019
working there is nice and i have learn a lot and met good people and the management dont have heart for they're employees in a way that if you want to see your self getting a better salary, you must be a puppy and spy and also skin count too. Culture is good, Hardest part is overtime's rate. The enjoyable part is that the's team building which is good thing cause employees do have to rest and know each other
2,0
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Queenstown, Eastern Cape20 November 2019
Has been stressful to a point of wanting me to leave the banking industry but the problem is management in the free state area I used to work nicely in the ec
Stressful environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Randburg, Gauteng17 November 2019
Daily meetings wasting time and draining staff before the doors are even opened. Management style is threatening at all times and the one time (manager) who did not make you feel threatened, made it very clear that losing your job is always a possibility.
I learned that staff do unethical things in order to reach targets, but getting threatened by management all the time, is the root cause of this behavior.
However your direct manager got the same threatening treatment from their direct managers.
4,0
Working environment was good and i learnt alot
Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal12 November 2019
You need your A game to every work you do and excel in it
And my colleagues were good to me, also the management were so friendly which made me to feel good and do my best
Open and positive
Assistant Accountant (Former Employee) –  Sandton24 October 2019
It has always been a nice place to work.
New systems
Yes the senior managers are the best but I doubt the lower / inexperience managers.
The culture is one of the best
The monthly functions.
Pros
Functions
Cons
Lower management
5,0
Great place to work i am enjoying to work with client. Nedbank velues. Respect Integrity,People Centered, Accountability andd Client Driven
Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  Cape town18 October 2019
Typical day is the end of the month when people get paid and Grand money.

I've learn a lot at Nedbank dealing with difficult and easy clients how to interact with people great communication skills really a great place to work. Management some of them are good and it depend how do you handle them.

Nedbank culture I like it very much.

Hardest dealing with difficult client but the are thing is to handle them.

The most enjoyable part is to deal with client make them happy keep them in the loop.
Pros
Yes we do have Breakfast, Luches but it depend on a perfomance.
Cons
No we dont work long hours.
Target Driven
MOBILE BANKER (Current Employee) –  135 Rivonia16 October 2019
Sales Environment which is a cut throat Industry ,you have have to keep your self motivated and constantly seek out solutions for your short falls every month ,culture very target driven ,Support structure keep your self motivated
Pros
Salary
Cons
Micro Management
3,0
Great growth opportunities but Always Overworked!
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng8 October 2019
Nedbank allows for great growing opportunities within the business. However, depending on management and colleagues you will either enjoy your work, or be constantly burned out because you have to work overtime due to non-working colleagues to ensure deadlines and target are met.
You'll be doing others work just to ensure a functioning office.
DO NOT expect compensation for overtime, most overtime is not due to choice. You will be forced to do overtime if you don't want a bad performance rating and want to receive your increase.
NOT all branches are run the same, ALWAYS ask how the working environment is in your interviews, if you can ask some of the people already working there,(not the managers or team leaders.)
Pros
Free lunch - Sometimes
Cons
Hardly any compensation for overtime
4,0
Productive, fast paced, agile environment
Travel Manager (Former Employee) –  South Africa3 October 2019
Nedbank is a values driven organisation; Respect, integrity, pushing beyond boundaries, celebrating diversity and a great place to work are key aspects of their culture. The organisation is focused on being Africa's most admired bank. Over the past year they have been driving customer excellence, customer driven innovation/automation and understanding the customers needs. Travel in particular was a hot topic of discussion this year. The hardest part of the job is managing staff, maintaining a positive outlook, being a problem solver instinctively, managing change, driving strategy and managing customer expectations within the organisation. A typical day at work includes responding to customer complaints, managing work distribution, attending meetings - some involving cluster heads or Executives, offering advice with travel logistics and cost saving initiatives as well as driving Policy awareness. The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving compliments for myself or my team for going the extra mile or for business partnering; I hold being appreciated and valued in high regard. I have learnt that a good leader is best reflected in the output and measured by the overall success of the team.
Okay Workplace
Retentions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal23 September 2019
Good company, with poor management skills. Stressful environment, with sometimes unreasonable targets. Lack of people skills on the management side. More respect towards employees required.