Nedbank Employee Reviews

Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng27 April 2019
I started my career with Nedbank and i enjoyed every moment with them up until i decided to explore new ideas with other financial institutions.Management was great.
Pros
Staff recognitions
Cons
Staff fees
Work life balance
Enquiries Consultant (Former Employee) –  Randburg, Gauteng24 April 2019
Generally a great company. Retail staff earning peanuts. While they are the soldiers on the ground. Long hours and weekend hours tend to distract a healthy work life balance.
Pros
Staff rate
Cons
Long hours and little salaries
1,0
15 years
Merchandising Executions/Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng24 April 2019
In my 15 years at Nedbank the environment, management and culture morphed into a green monster in the last 3 years.
I worked for and was passionate about this organisation and loved to go to work starting by choice at 4.30am.
Nedbank, over the last 3 years has lost its values of being people centred and retaining talent through bad management.

Nedbank still operates with an old hierarchy Management style and silo approach instead of a Leadership and people centric approach.

People don't leave organisations, they leave Managers.
Pros
nothing is free
Cons
bad management
2,0
Some things just stay the same day in and day out.
Teller/Enquiries/Foreign Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gauteng; South Africa22 April 2019
Nedbank is a great company to work for as there are a lot one can learn when it comes to working in the banking industry. Due to the fact that the banking industry in South Africa is so highly competitive, Nedbank has over the years lost its way from being people centred.

It's a company that, should you ever become employed by it, attention and development is not a priority.
Creative and productive workplace
Strategy & Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng18 April 2019
Being exposed to Design Thinking changed the way I look at designing products and/or services. We are a small team and our focus is to develop and implement effective solutions with the customer in mind from start to finish.
Pros
Work / life balance
Cons
Limited growth opportunities
4,0
Personal Loan Consaltant (Current Employee) –  KwaZulu-Natal, Empangeni12 April 2019
Nedbank is great place to work for, We we work as a team and we also encourage and respect each other. I have learned a lot of things since I joined nedbank, things like how to handle pressure and focus.

Management style is good
the hardest part of the job is when you not deliver on your expectation.
Nedbank
Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  City of Johannesburg, Gauteng9 April 2019
My typical day i generated contracts for clients wishing to purchase vehicles . Was a fantastic working environment , i enjoyed going to work . Reason i left was because i wished to study further . Fantastic management !!
Pros
Great management
Cons
i cant think of any
Terrible
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape8 April 2019
You really need to work hard to enjoy what you are doing.They really made it hard for us with their high interest rates . they did not market their loan back then.
5,0
Recruitment & Transformation Manager (Former Employee) –  South Africa29 March 2019
Nedbank is a vision led and values based company.

They offer great career opprtunities to staff along with the opportunity to develop your own skills.

They offer great reward programmes lined to performace
Pros
Work life balance
4,0
Banker Teller / Sales and Services (Former Employee) –  King William’s Town, Eastern Cape28 March 2019
Great place to work. Team work is very important in this industry which they collaborate perfectly with their values. It is a quick thinking environment which gives you skills in all areas especially alertness.
Pros
Excellent environment
Cons
No growth
5,0
Productive and Fun environment.
Administrator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal19 March 2019
Nedbank Training Center is a very fun and exciting environment to work in, as we help to upgrade skills of people who just joined Nedbank so they can do well in their roles.
Pros
Can also attend.trainings
Cons
Contract
4,0
Has a lot of growth/ and great place to work in
call center agent (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal12 March 2019
Nedbank is a great bank to work with. I only resigned I had a lot of family problems and I couldn't keep up si ce it's a bank we had targets to meet and I couldn't. The work ethic is great among all cultures. Nedbank respects the Government laws so much . Nedbank values th wellness of its employees.
Pros
Year end functions
Cons
Targets sales
productive work place
teller/ enquiries clerk (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape11 March 2019
I 100% regret leaving Nedbank. If i should be given the opportunity i would go back immediately. I left out of frustration and due to management not being supportive. Should've just stuck it out till they retired
4,0
Productive & Client obsessed.
Property Administrator (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng6 March 2019
Thus far I have learned a lot within the home loans as well as the administration field. My daily tasks include the verification of property and client bond details by means of external as well as internal systems. I also enjoy the "investigation" process of cases which are not as straightforward and requires analytical thinking. My overall experience at Nedbank Ltd has had it's ups and downs however it has granted me a great experience within the corporate environment.
3,0
Client centric high stress levels exposure to all ptoducts
Call agent (Current Employee) –  Newtown Johannesburg27 February 2019
A typical day at work consist of helping clients probing finding on call solutions adding value added services creating a need and introducing them to products. Showing them better solutions making their money work for them from home loans to credit cards to all kinds of accounts
Pros
Staff rates in banking personal loans and home loans
Cons
Shift work too many products
Servicing client
CLIENT COACH (Current Employee) –  GAUTENG21 February 2019
What I enjoy about my job is that I put client service first. If a client visits the branch, they expect us to care, listen and keep them on the loop.
Pros
Compliments
Cons
Complaints
Number 2 bank thst looks aftet their empl
Banking Clerk/Administration (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng20 February 2019
There was continues learning for other departments as well so that when they were lacking behind I could assist. I was also helping my Manager with the monthly report and heading the Department when he is not there. We were supporting one another in the Department and had a healthy relationship. We used to celebrate mother's day, woman's day and it will be so much fun. I was doing a lot of community work with some of my colleagues. I would collect money from colleagues and we will buy staff for the Nkanyezi school and we will deliver to them and also at Christmas will buy presents for terminal I'll children at Baragwanatgh and enjoy with them.Right now I teach children happy living, I teac them self love, respect and responsibility that go hand in hand with their rights.
Pros
When we were very busy Management bought lunch for staff
Cons
Working on Saturday
Great place to work at
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Eastern Cape6 February 2019
A great place to work just be oreparrf to work under presure always as there is no time to relax. Make time for everything as time management is very important.

Look out for self dont be tempted security is tight and stick to the rules.
Pros
Appreciation day
Cons
Dnt take care of employees
Looks after its employees
Customer Service manager (Former Employee) –  Sandton6 February 2019
Nedbank takes care of its employees and creates a good place to work in. Management was approachable. The hardest part of the job is the load of work and the negativity that comes with it, however it became fulfilling changing client's experience.
Pros
Friendly and approachable management
Cons
inflexibility
Data Capturer (Current Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng29 January 2019
Had a lot of work that was due and was in a lot of pressure to capture all applications and respond to emails. Because I am working at an environment where one needs to be professional and respectful at all times, had a discussion with my manager on how I can capture all those applications within a specific period of time and still make the client happy.

Volunteer on working overtime on the day and managed to capture everything. I have learned that team work is vital. I know that management should be corporative and be willing to take suggestions from staff members about work related matters.

respect is a culture at all work place. the hardest part of the job is when you don't get any recognition for your hard work, it is really demotivating.

Getting awards and prices for a job well done, team buildings and team outings when the team has done well.
Pros
Lunch from manager for targets achieved
Cons
Long hours and overtime