Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality

Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality Employee Review

View all Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality reviews

The fact that the NMBM is runned by politicians with different political views makes it difficult for smooth running of service delivery
I work in a conducive enviroment with lot of challenges which are manageable.I have to make sure the Housing Consumer Education is received by all communities in the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality,and also the challenges experienced by these communities are being addressed by the relevant government departments.I have to make sure that the policies and the bylaws are explained correctly and are being understood by the consumers.Being in the line management has taught me a lot dealing with different staff members with different behaviours.I always make sure that I mantain good work ethics wherever I go to give good reflection about the Municipality,and always be accountable.

The hardest side of the work that I am doing is when you i come across with needy beneficiary and his/her needs are out of my scope of work and the person that Iam reffering this beneficiary to is unable to assist due to carelessness and bad work ethics.

The most enjoyable part of my job is when I see that many people are positively benefiting from the program that I am offering,and it is serving the purpose of being an eye opener to the disadvantaged people,they understand the policies,their rights,the Municipal bylaws,they receive what is due to them.
Pros
Car allowance
Cons

Other Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality Employee Reviews

Office administrator. Admin clerk.
Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng22 January 2020
My duties: Telephone calls, messages,welcoming clients,doing admin duties. I have learned to work in a team, as well as on my own without supervision. Management is strict rules and regulations. I have come to work well with everyone.The work i do is very enjoyable and i do it to the best of my ability and i enjoy every minute because for me its better to be busy all the time.
Diverse and fast paced work space
Personal Assistant / Secretary (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape13 January 2020
No two days are the same, your role mainly consists of working with people from different communities. You have an opportunity to work with great leaders and a strong management team.