Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality Employee Review

View all Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality reviews

Very nice environment to work with
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, EC5 August 2013
On a Monday morning when you have to deal with pople and different types of queries I have learned to be patient when dealing with people by appliying 'HEAT' service to Hear, Empathy, Assist,Take action. Take orders from management and deliver work in as a team with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is dealing with difficult customers who are very stuborn but I have learned to be always patient and understanding. What is enjoyable is when I meet deadlines and getting everything done for the day.
Pros
30 Minutes lunch brake
Cons
start working from 8 to 4:30

Other Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality Employee Reviews

It is a fun and workplace
street sweeper (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape13 March 2019
I worked at Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality from October 2015 to June 2016. It was temporal job. I was working 8 hours a day but sometimes we were working overtime. I was working from 06:00 to 02:00

I was working as a street sweeper and I was picking up papers from the street. I was enjoying the job because we were working in groups and it is always nice to work as a team.

In December we were working over time because its festive season. The job was challenging because were cleaning the beaches in summerstrand and its always dirty because people are throwing bottles on the street and leave them there.

We would go home at 22:00 and get back to work at 04:00 in the morning so that when the people get to the beach on the beach on the following the place would be clean. The tea break was 15 minutes from 09:00 to 09:15 and lunch time was 30 minutes 12:00 to 12:00.
Cons
8 hour
SKILLS DEVELOPMENT FACILITATOR (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape7 February 2019
The HR division was always busy . In HRD we process training requests and coordinate training events daily. I opened my electronic/ desktop planner/ task list. I will then set priorities based on importance or deadline per task. I always prioritised the instructions by my supervisor and policy/ compliance matters.

How I learn was when I allow colleague to share experiences and how they handle task/ duties to learn and share my experience to improve work performance.

Managing a team: I gave my team freedom to work with minimum supervision and expect team to make mistakes which should not be repeated. I drove and motivated team to be the best performers in the organization at all times.

I created conducive workplace culture in all my works spaces and interaction with people. I coached and mentored subordinates, I respected and cooperatived fully with authority. There is harmony in my division however we always find ways to resolve all the differences to ensure interpersonal relations and employee wellness at all times.

Hardest part was when clients’ needs that should be solved speedily and fairly. HR was the resource centre for employees and employees demand and high level of tolerance and professionalism therefore I must always be at the right state of mind and provide effective and efficient service. I had successfully provided the HR services in the last 15 years.

Most enjoyable part was when I meeting clients and learning from clients and successfully provide the required services without delay. It was also when I receive positive feedback and compliments
  more... from my peers, principals and clients.  less
Pros
clarity of purpose, following the procedures at all times
Cons
Bearocracy, red tap