Nestlé Employee Reviews

Found 143 reviews matching the search See all 7 014 reviews
Challanging
FOOD SAFETY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Potchefstroom, North West29 May 2019
High pressure and demanding environment. Report and manage Food safety issues. Train operators, engineering and implement food safety requirements. Ensure that the HACCP requirement are complied with on a daily basis. The hardest part is to constantly follow up with the production team and get a buy in from them with the changes to be implemented. The enjoyable part of the job is when one reaps accountability and responsibility from operators resulting from sowing trust and building confidence of the operators to take pride on the product they produce and pack on a daily basis.
Pros
Good insentives alinged to the factory performance
Production and Weekly targets
Dissolving Operator (Current Employee) –  Nestle Harrismith4 May 2019
My work at Nestle is working as an operator where I start production to dissolve raw material in infant formula processing where my I operate machine in order for the production to take place. What I have learned about my job is that you need to be always vigilant at all times as We are working with sensitive product for infant and its a Critical Control Points and making sure that we produce product that is Quality to our consumers.
Pros
Good remuneration
Cons
Not enough rest days
5,0
Best company that I ever worked for
Packer (Former Employee) –  Potchefstroom, North West8 April 2019
This is one of the best companies that I ever worked for. What I love about this company is they care about their employees.safety comes first at their premises.
4,0
productive with room for growth
Laboratory Analyst (Former Employee) –  gauteng,olifantsfontein20 March 2019
fascinating day, always looking forward to work.
Over the short 2 years I have learned to be more self confident ,acquired leadership skills and problem solving.
Everybody is friendly,caring and give attention where needed.
hardest part of the job,is keeping with the excellent performance in nestle proficiency testing.
there are a lot of instruments,and great chemistry to learn daily
Pros
appreciation for a job well done
Cons
retrieving of samples
5,0
Contributing to the product sale
Packer (Former Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal1 March 2019
I learned the importance of working under strict conditions and the importance of keeping one's time and not arrive late at work. I also learned the supervisory skills and also what is involved in quality checks.
Pros
Buying at factory shop
working environment
field marketer (Former Employee) –  Nelspruit, Mpumalanga5 February 2019
the working environment was good and fun because I would go to different shop and work with different managers . Each shop had its own way of working and managing their employees.
Pros
vochers
Cons
nornal hours
productive place
line fitter (Current Employee) –  Estcourt, KwaZulu-Natal31 January 2019
great place to work,where every role is important because it all contributes to delivering the product on time.working in a beverages plant has a lot of pressure and that teaches you as an individual(artisan) that time is money so you always have to be pro- active.team work is also very important, transferring knowledge and being able to interact with different kinds of people.safety and health is also important and respect to everyone including your role in the team.
Pros
safety is taken very seriously, and good quality products.
Good workplace
Packing stack (Current Employee) –  Limpopo4 January 2019
Nestlé is a good company to work for, I love to be here in this company forever, but now I need something new that I can work for I need a change this year of 2019.
Pros
One hour
Cons
8 hour
5,0
Excellent work environment and lot of growth
National Call Centre Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg10 December 2018
The best years of my career were in this company. Its fun, vibby and has a lot of potential for growth if you are willing to learn and grow.
I would recommend graduates to apply and join Nestle
Excellent Company Policies involving Employees, Excellent Work Ethics
Shipping controller based (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg North, Gauteng8 December 2018
Nestle is an Excellent Employer with emphasis on Employment engagement and employee satisfaction. Nestle has a very warm and inviting environment, office layout is not only welcoming but aesthetics and layout is very attractive.
Pros
Flexi-hours
Cons
Salary
4,0
Productive and Fun workplace.
Consumer Engagement Advisor (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng29 November 2018
Strong culture of respect and work ethic. Lots of opportunities to learn and improve yourself. Nestlé is a company that values its employees, stakeholders and consumers. Most enjoyable part of my job was having an opportunity positively impact the lives of consumers everyday (whether big or small).
Pros
Bonuses (13th Cheque and Performance Bonus). Employees are generally happy and well taken care of.
Cons
Its very easy to over-work yourself (fast-paced environment).
n/a
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Estcourt, KwaZulu-Natal24 November 2018
day at wort was good
learned different types of machinery
management was good
work place all good
hardest part of my job was shutdown time as hours of work was reduced an there was a difference in salary
learning new things everyday was most enjoyable
Pros
na
Cons
na
Great Experinece
general worker (Former Employee) –  Herrismith6 September 2018
The company taught me a lot about working at plant and actually made me realize that i would like to be in the engineering field, it was a great learning experience.

Above that I learned learned the importance of team work and how to effectively serve in a team set up.
Pros
good benefits
A great place to work
Medical Delegate (Former Employee) –  Bloemfontein, South Africa31 August 2018
I learnt an incredible amount while working at the company. The manager at the time was incredible with coaching and devloping his people. The hardest part of the job was travelling a lot in extreme hot temperatures without an airconditioner!
2,0
Exciting and interesting place to be.
ASSESSOR/TECHNICAL OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Standerton, Mpumalanga12 June 2018
Work is always a responsibility to any employee, surely to any employer too. It should be a good relationship between the two at all times.
One shoud be happy to wake up and rush to work and not to be forced to.

Loving what you do is important for is part of your life then, having good communication with all
Is healthy. Coming smilling and living the same manner improves your production at all times.

Working hard siperiors is not at all productive to any one working, and even selfish co-workers is even harder.

I enjoyed working at nestle standerton from the beginning until it closed down, people and almost every thing was superb to my certisfaction thou one can not have it all at once.
Pros
Good manegement style
Cons
Lack of training
4,0
productive and fun to work for
Technical storeman (Former Employee) –  hammanskraal7 June 2018
A good relaxed day, you enjoy what you are doing , get training for all that you do so that you know the product and the machinery to use. you also get compensated or rewarded for doing well.
Pros
Free lunches, Rewards, Events, Sporting activities, Community building s or support
Cons
9 hous a day plus overtime when required
1,0
Company
general worker (Former Employee) –  GAUTENG , TEMBISA11 May 2018
Being busy and too much work to do
I learn to be patient and to love people
I have time management, I respect time
Welled cleaned place
Working with people and standing the hole day
Treating people well
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short hours
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape13 April 2018
Well structured company and have a lot of opportunity for growth. Management need to be more available to there employees and to be more understanding.
4,0
nestle is a fun and intersesting place
Packing Assistant (Former Employee) –  mosselbay29 March 2018
Working at Nestlé was fun. I enjoyed working in such productive environment where I learned a lot. Getting to know the root of some of the products the factory manufacture.
4,0
Productive and fun work place
Stacker , Operator , gassing , depalitising (Former Employee) –  Mossel Bay, Western Cape19 March 2018
To work at nestle you must always be on time . Clock in and out . They are very strict on safety . You can't always be on your phone . You must be available to work on weekends . You must be very reliable . Team work is very important . Also communication . High hygiene .
Pros
Unpaid lunch
Cons
30 minute lunch break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nestlé. Our community is ready to answer.

4,2