Nielsen Employee Reviews

Found 24 reviews matching the search See all 2 502 reviews
Too little
field worker (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GautengCo13 January 2020
The salary does not cover costs of living. The job is meaningful and stressful. You must be street wise to see dangerous surrounding when you are busy with field work. You must work smart.
1,0
not so good
FIELD AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Witbank, Mpumalanga15 December 2019
They don't appreciate field workers that's why they don't give them bonuses at the end of the year not even a thank you. they give them a lot of work and not pay for extra job they give them.
2,0
This company exploit field interviewers
Field interviwer (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal22 July 2019
There's a lot of favoritism and racism in the company I was never paid leave money even though I've never taken leave while other employees did get it apperantly my contact doesn't approve, there are long hours we work working conditions are poor our safety is not a priority in this company. Field interviewers are made to sign an interviewer agreement that does not have the price of a project so that management can later change the price whenever it suits them
Pros
You get to travel see a lof of places
Cons
Don't have a basic salary, not being paid leave, safety is not a concern to them they just want their work done at any cost
3,0
Its like an emotional rollercoaster.
Field auditor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape1 October 2018
My experience with the company was doing what I was hired for,following standard operational procedures,etc. My needs and concerns was not important and my time at Nielsen was stressful and unpleasant.
Pros
It was exciting working for Nielsen, learning and knowing the industry and what is important for the consumer.
Cons
Too much favoritism and because if this everyoness potential for growth is not recognized, including my own.
Great working experience
Data Capturer (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng23 April 2018
I was part of the TV(television marketing department) Each get 7 to 8 tv stations to capture adverts according to logs issued by manager. I learned to work faster to reach my target individually and in my team.Management was fair on most issues there was no problem. Workplace culture is very diverse, friendly and motivated employees. The hardest part of my job was when we switched over from our old system(tele-pad) to a new system called media-pad and catching up of data was extremely overwhelming, we eventually caught up and it was all smooth sailing again. The most enjoyable part was monthly meetings to discuss performance levels,problems and occasional incentives.
Pros
free lunches, gifts, community outreach programmes
Cons
Long hours on request, work two Saturdays a month
Slighty Biased and tough environment
I had an unfortunate experience with Nielsen where my manager was not competent and the project I was working on not the best handled. However, with that that being said I can not fault Nielsen on being a learning environment. The people are quite close and tend to look after their own.
Its an interesting place to work at - the perks include the kind of information you have access too and how you use their amazing data to advise their clients. Its concrete and useful work and you get to see the impact you have in the client envirionment
Pros
Work with amazing clients
Cons
No work life Balance
Company Not Profitable
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng16 March 2017
During my time at the company in question, a number of policy changes relating to the political environment caused a number of employees to be retrenched. This highlighted the need to search for new employment.
Pros
Cons
Political based Emploment system
fun work place
field worker (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng21 February 2017
Listing and Communication its a Skill the thought me how to introduced my self to other person why this work its so important in our Country
Pros
travelling
Cons
have passion and confidence willing to work underpressure hard-working lady
Fun and hectic
Data Capturer (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng23 January 2017
This is where one learns about the survival of the fittest. Here, you need to yield results that affect your montly income.
Pros
Travel expenses paid for when working away from home
Cons
Working hours fluctuate. At times you are expected to work on weekends.
productive
Market Researcher (Current Employee) –  free state bloemfontein30 July 2016
As an employee at nielsen i go to outlets and take statistics and also we do the invoices for some companies which i cannot mention
Pros
free lunch
2,0
Quality Control Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng22 June 2016
Each day at my company is challenging in terms of work related , you learn something new everyday which is a positive thing, what i have learned is that working as a team is very important as my line of work i rely mostly on other people and they also rely on me. In terms of management i think my company needs to learn to communicate and be open, co workers if all of us are on the same page to achieve one goal, the hardest part of my job is when i have to depend on somebody else to do their job while i could have monitored my own work to achieve my goals as i set them everyday. the most enjoyable part of my job is challenges i face everyday because they make me strong and want to work very hard
Very fun and enjoyable
CATI_CAPI Supervisor/ Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng11 March 2016
This was the first biggest company I worked for after my studies
I learn a lot about people, friendly, helpful and very accommodating
I met a lot of people who make me feel at home.
Co workers always willing to help and build goo relationship
The hardest part of my job was meeting the deadline on the most difficult project e.g. a survey done on how many people bought servers in January.
Most enjoyable part was the client coming around to see how our project was done on the software.
I knew a lot about the software and I showed them how to use in especially watch and listen.
Pros
A lot of functions for client
Cons
Working on Sundays
5,0
Informal culture but with high standards
Recruitment & Panel Projects Manager (Former Employee) –  Jhb SA4 December 2015
I enjoyed working at Nielsen. I started as a trainee data processor and worked very hard to get to a high powered position. I worked in the company in total for about 20 years (although with broken service), in various divisions of the business. The culture and overall management was very free/not stiff ie informal as long as you did your job well was what mattered. This flexibility is what I enjoyed most about my job as have 3 kids it is important for me to be flexible as I am a single mom (widowed). I also enjoyed training my reports and seeing them excel at their tasks. The hardest part of my job in the end was the repetitiveness, as I enjoy variety and a challenge. My co workers were like family, and team wrk was amazing.
Pros
Flexi hours
Cons
High stress environment
Productive and enjoyable
(AMPS) Data Capturing (Former Employee) –  Gauteng19 November 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is to concentrate to my work and keep them happy.this research company taught me a lot like meeting our deadlines,keep a client happy.my co-workers manage everything that we given and try to work together.and I have learned a lot and appreciate it.
Pros
Hard working
Cons
short hours
1,0
Fun people, Long Hours, Manual Task
Data Scientist (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng12 November 2015
A great company to work for, but can also sometimes be a bit daunting concerning the manual task involved. The working environment is outstanding because of the diverse people. Long working hours involved most of the time.
Pros
Diversity in people and training opportunities
Cons
Long hours and manual task
Marketing Reasercher
Marketing Researcher (Former Employee) –  South Africa17 February 2015
Data entry, I went to the clients home to interview them, it was not always easy to get clients, if you persist you will find them.

I did lots of walking and driving, driving I went to different towns and did quite a few sleep overs up too 3 weeks at a time.

The hardest part of that job was leaving my small children at home, now my children are married.
3,0
Productive and fun and challenging work place.
Online Executive (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg South, GP18 August 2014
I normally do reports for different clients on the companies software, which is Adex. So far I have managed to do different reports as clients have different requests and I managed to do different creative reports.

I have managed to join the social side of the company whereby I led a house for CANSA. We were impacting on community as a company whereby we were giving support to cancer survivors.

We get along with my co-workers and it's an environment where we help and support each other.
The hardest part of the job is when we don't get quick response from the production team because our clients become irritable.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when I get a challenging request from a client because I managed to learn more.
Pros
Meeting new people and free lunches.
Cons
when the system is down.
In-House Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ormonde, GP16 April 2014
Stocktaking of major retail stores, bottle stores, sports clubs and cafes | Data capturing of retail information for suppliers | Sourcing new clients| Liaising with store managers on stock taking.
fast pace work place
Retail Measurement service Auditor (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, EC18 March 2014
Due to all the work done at Nielsen to be based on a strict deadline time frame, employees are expected to work quickly and accurately at their duties.
Pros
flexible hours and the use of a company car.
Cons
No medical aid, little to no way to grow within the business
3,0
Global environment. Productive and demanding, lots of opportunity for growth.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Ormonde, GP22 November 2013
Heavy engagement cross-functional on a daily basis to manage projects/programs on Client delivery for BaU, enhanced and new products, new country launches.
Learnings on global processes, client and stakeholder management, deep dives and business process improvement.
Co-workers are supportive and understanding.
Hardest part is work and home balance as long hours are required to stay ahead.
Local, regional and global people interaction is very enjoyable as you're exposed to different cultures and learnings.
Pros
flexible working hrs, option to work from home, travel
Cons
long hours, workload

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nielsen. Our community is ready to answer.

3,8