NORTHLINK COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
IT SupportTechnician (Former Employee) –  Capetown Belleville3 May 2019
It was a great experience and I have learned a lot.Work in teams.i learn how to install windows(software) and to fix stuff like printers.t hey let us take fotos make student cards for the students.
Pros
Pratical
Cons
Normal hours
Love working in Hospitality industry
Hospitality school (Former Employee) –  Tygerburg in Panorama4 April 2019
Working in Hospitality industry has been my dream for a long time.I feel in love with when I used to help my mother in the kitchen when I was still a child then I saw that this is what I am good at..One day I saw that good food and good cooking can bring a smile into a hungry men's face.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
8 hours and +
5,0
Interventions with struggling students were priority.
Project Manager Safety in Society (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape5 July 2018
My typical day started with a meeting with my staff and then we all engaged with an assembly with the students.

I've learned a lot about students who are struggling from various impoverished communities.

I gave opportunities to staff to make positive decisions in order for them to develop. The toughest part of the job were parents who did not show an interest in their children s development.

The enjoyment part are always students who have a smile on their faces when success arrives through their hard work.
Pros
Intervention with struggling students were a joy.
Cons
Long hours at college way beyond the required hours to ensure success.
Good work environment
Open Learning Centre Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bellville, Western Cape26 March 2018
I have a good work environment, as I am also learning from this positive work experience.

The management at Campus Level is very clued up on policies and procedures, which allows for good employee relations.
Pros
Medical Aid
4,0
Place where learning and teaching take p
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Bellville, Western Cape4 December 2017
Wonderful place to work for. With so many campuses, not all campuses are run in the same manner. At some colleges the atmosphere is much more relaxed than others. This is a plus. The pressure on my campus is extreme and unnecessary. Things can be more pleasant if the campus is run like all the other campuses. Not much room for growth as a lecturer.
Pros
Working with older students.
Cons
Upper Management unfriendly towards lecturers.
productive
Bursary Clerk Intern (Former Employee) –  Bellville, Western Cape12 October 2017
it is a great environment to work in. I enjoyed assisting the students with their queries. the hardest part of the job was dealing with angry and rude students.
Fast paced
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  CapeTown4 March 2017
It was well organized and work flow was consistent.
Working with and among students gave me the opportunity to work with in a flourishing and energetic environment which in turn fueled my desire to grow in my position.
4,0
It is very promising to witness the growth in the students after completion of their studies.
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Workshop15 February 2017
I would be start my day doing a roll-call and discuss the days activities with the students. Thereafter monitor their progress and attend to all related paperwork and assessment. reporting to management if any problems arises and ensure discipline is held.
Pros
School vacations
Cons
Remuneration
productive workplace
Bricklayer (Former Employee) –  Belhar, Western Cape30 January 2017
As someone that was new to the industry, it was a challenging at first but as time went along, i adjusted to the work and its challenges hence I was able to finish the trades that was required.
Pros
received a stipend
5,0
It is a productive, hard working enviroment, with lots of fun with students
Student ResidenceAdministrator (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape11 August 2016
I implement policies and procedures for the hostel. Draw up documentations for the hostel. Make proposal for a new hostel name and it was approved.
Uplift and inspired students to achieved their maximum potential at the hostel. Plant positive seeds in the students lifes.
Pros
Spirtual, social and sports programms
Cons
N/a
All of me.
CAMPUS ADMINISTRATIVE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  South Africa15 July 2016
Always busy, i prefer being busy rather than stagnate. People's different personalities and their way of interacting is always refreshing, learning something new everyday from these interactions. Management drives us hard to perform at our best, keeps employees on their toes as it should be. Co-workers make the day go faster, what are we without them. Hardest part of my job is turning a client away after trying every possible solution. The reward of students acquiring their qualification.
Pros
Holidays
Cons
Salaries
5,0
I am not satisfied with Northlink at all
Career Development Officer (Intern) (Former Employee) –  East London, EC4 February 2016
Have sessions with students, career development, giving job hunting skills, I learnt that in the workplace you must be a go getter,
Pros
It's a good place to learn about career dynamics of the work place
Cons
Supervisors are lazy
Flexible working environment
Part-time Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape4 December 2015
Northlink college is a place where someone may work and at the same time advance some other areas of life. it gives the opportunity to learn and meet new people all the time.
Pros
Overtime jobs
Cons
job security is very minimal
Productive and fun place
Public Admin (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, WC15 September 2015
Studying at Northlink is fun and very productive the most enjoyable at school was when we were working at computer classes that was the best because you are not sharing your computer you have your own personal one until you are done with the semester.
Pros
Shops are near
Cons
School hours are the best
4,0
Northlink college is a great place to work at, yes it is a work environment but also we as colleagues become a close nit family.
I am an administrative Clerk. (Current Employee) –  Parow6 January 2015
A typical day at work starts with me putting on the switchboard, Helping out in front line with enquiries. At northlink there is much to be learnt and much to be taught I have learnt to capture data on a very good speed and my telephone etiquette has really improved. The co-workers are what makes the work place what it is and my co-workers are a great bunch they are friendly and they help a lot. The hardest part of the job only comes during registration because of all the ques. The most enjoyable part of the job is being here everyday there is something to think and smile about.

In conclusion I must say Northlink is a wonderful place to work.
Pros
The holiday periods are fun
Cons
There arent really any salary benefits
2,0
Productive and fun workplace requiring some one creative indoder to succeed
Lecturer Mathematics (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WC29 August 2014
Educating lots of students who come from different backgrounds, bearing in mind that you are providing South Africa with better people for the future.
I learnt that hard-work pays, because it is believed that mathematics is difficult but most of the students are now passing because they are showing interest by attending classes.
Colleagues are kind and humble people that motivate me to grow.
The management is fair as thy listen to our grievance and try to resolve them in the best way possible.
the hardest part of the job is teaching pure mathematics to people with a mathematics literacy background.
Enjoyable part is seeing that parents support their kids hence it makes my job easier
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Contract worker
4,0
Proffessional, eco friendly, lot of experience
PA/SECRETARY (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WC9 May 2014
It was fun, hectic, difficuilt, but most of all i gained experience. I never knew what to expect as i was still new from the field and no body told me it was gonna be easy but the seniors help alot, we go rotated, they delegate work amongst us (interns), we did team work, I had to reach the dead lines, and there were days that are just so busy like registration we got to work together, I did most of all multi tasking beacuse in my department i did most of work, answering phones, registrations, liasing with clients/parents, sorting problems. Most of all I enjoyed the challenges, I had to answer the switchboard at times, and that wanst the easiest part and was no fun at all but i always learnt to always smile about it
3,0
a days work is done in a few hours, i have to assist to students on a regular basis and assist lecturers with things they need
admin clerk (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WC8 April 2014
Working for Northlink can be considered as okay but there are no benefits such as unemployment or pension fund. You get swamped with other peoples work and get moved around from one department to the next
Pros
having standard working hours
Cons
no benefits
3,0
a good company but no / little room for advancement. Can become stagnant but interesting cases that present an opportunity for learning
social worker (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WC17 February 2014
a good company to work for but no room for advancement. good opportunities to learn resources for referrals.
Pros
multi-disciplinary team approach
Cons
week-end work
workplace
health and safety office assistant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WC9 December 2013
work is good. the company is not well at looking after its staff. you dont get recognised.
Pros
Cons
dont get awarded for good work