Oceana Group Employee Reviews

4,0
its a good environment with lots of opportunities.
Temporary Risk &Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape town25 January 2018
its a challenging work environment with lots of opportunities for young people that want to work there way through the ranks , all they need to do it focus.You have to be willing to stay away from family for long periods of time .If you willing the company will assist you
Pros
theres opportunities, if you willing to work
Cons
theres mostly old ships
Challenging and rewarding
Treasury Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Caoe13 September 2017
Being in treasury and very dependant on market movement, one day is very different from the other, i.e. never boring. I loved the diversity of every day, the pressures that go with this. The interaction with various staff members, from executives to staff members. I grew immensely during the time at Oceana as a manager and amazed at what I achieved in the years, from growing a treasury department from nothing to a full fletch treasury department.
Pros
Performance bonus
Productive environment
Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape8 August 2017
The day would start with me normally checking which queries are outstandind and needs my urgent attention. I woud have a follow up meeting with my manager to escalate any difficult calls to third parties. I would engage with stakeholders during the course of the day and attend meetings as scheduled by stakeholders. If training are scheduled for a couple of days i would action this. Preparation for training courses could be time consuming.
I had a cordial relationship with my management. The hardest part of the job was attending meetings for most of the day. The part of the job i enjoyed was interacting with customers and trainees.
Pros
Flexi time.
3,0
Easy Going
Grinder Operator (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape23 June 2017
I havent workied long at Ocean but the foreman was pleasant and they treat their works well.Contracts are on short term basis so dont get to comfortable.
3,0
Army camp
Creditors Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape15 August 2016
The company is a good company to work, however management was very "stiff". Employees should work in a pleasant working environment yet supervisors and managers think the company is theirs and they can change rules when and if it suits them.
Pros
I earned a salary
Cons
Managers should change their attitude
5,0
wonderful company to work for...productive, professional, fun, warm and friendly bosses and colleagues
Commercial Officer (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, WC10 September 2013
I learnt about insurance claims.

Very busy department.

The bosses and colleagues are friendly, warm and wonderful people.