Octogen (Pty) Ltd

Octogen (Pty) Ltd Employee Reviews

Best for new graduates
Financial Wellbeing Officer (Former Employee) –  JHB, Gauteng2 December 2019
If you are experienced and need to change your current job not ideal because you take a financial draw back. Growth is impossible. Your job is not secured.
Call Centre Receptionis
Receptionist/Admin (Current Employee) –  Little Falls, Gauteng15 November 2019
I come into a very relaxed office and everyone arrives at 8h00 sits down and starts to work.

The office is a hive of activity trying to contact struggling people to help them survive life as we know it today.

The Management is always busy improving our office environment.

The office is a multi cultured office with a vast overall happy feel.

The hardest part of my job is when it is quite and no calls coming in.

the best part is when it is busy and I am appreciated for my hard work.
Pros
office hours are very acceptable
Cons
The salary is not so good but good for what I am doing.
Productive and fun working
Financial Wellbeing Officer (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng14 October 2019
Octogen is a great company to work for. The only challenge is there are no benefits at all so its more like hand to mouth kind of job. Growth opportunities are limited.
Call Centre Manager (Former Employee) –  Edenvale, Gauteng2 October 2019
This is a fun environment with hard working and dedicated staff. Lots of experience is gained especially when it comes to financial management. It is a close knit work place with great opportunities for growth. I enjoyed the ability to learn pretty much from any of the staff with ease as everyone is almost equally educated about the product we deal with.
The job does teach you a bit of patience especially when dealing with clients.
Pros
Laid back environment
Cons
Benefits need to be improved
Great environment but Moody management
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Little Falls, Gauteng25 September 2019
It was nice at first till everything started unravelling with management always being in their moods and constantly threatening to fire us on a daily basis and the contract is just a trap to try and keep you there for 12 months .
1,0
too much pressure and extended hours without remuneration
financial wellness officer (Former Employee) –  Roodepoort, Gauteng18 September 2019
too much pressure and extended hours and day without remuniration no consideration for the employees personal life outside the company.you are expected to do beyond your role.
1,0
Lack of effort
Financial Officer (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng17 January 2019
As I know , every new company has issues..... Im sure by this this time its sorted. Training was a joke, no people skills. No positive energy, location was ok.
Pros
Cons
Lack of energy
Great work environment
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Gauteng, rooderproot, little falls6 November 2018
I never been exposed to such room for growth. In a space of a year I've grown so much mentally and psychologically. There is an air of peace in the work place and management is really hands on when it comes to ruuning the business.
Pros
Structure (Open door policy - Management)
Cons
The pressure of reaching target
Good working environment
Financial Well being Officer (Former Employee) –  Pinetown, KwaZulu-Natal17 September 2018
This being a smaller company as such, is quite a great establishment. The reasons for me to leave were mainly financially motivated as I needed to make more money.
Pros
Self Management
Cons
Earning
3,0
Great Experience and constructive work knowledge
Head of Production (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng6 July 2018
Octogen was a great learning experience and staff were very manageable.

Handling 2 regions was a great challenge which I accomplished with high success rates.
I was able to handle the downfall of companies reputation to bring level of work and structure back to a high standard recognized by the directors.
I was in a management position with not many perks, but did my best in all I was instructed to do over and above expectations

I achieved my court orders in
I have learnt many traits being computer and micro management skills.
Culture was fun and very pleasant to work along side many cultures and peoples personalities.
Hardest part of job was balancing life and expectations, due to the non benefits and small increases which I found myself in hardships most months.

My staff were the best part handling a team with positive attitudes and gracefulness on daily basis made the job that much more enjoyable.
Pros
End year Function and stats based Bonus;s
Cons
Non benefits and small increases
Octogen
Financial Wellbeing Officer & 2nd in Charge (Former Employee) –  Edenvale, Gauteng14 June 2018
Octogen would be a great company if they would change the way they treat great employees, need to find a positive way to retain the staff and offer more stability going forward.
Pros
it was close to home i worked on commission and wrote my own salary
Cons
no stability, no benefits
4,0
Productive and Fun yet calm workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edenvale, Gauteng23 May 2018
Very nice company to work for, there is a relaxed yet very professional feel at this company and great staff to work with. Gives great training in all aspects of company.
productive
financial wellbeing officer/ financial assistance (Current Employee) –  Limpopo30 April 2018
for the first day it brought me a good feeling specially when i was assisting client i enjoyed every moment i spend with the client and specially when i see client smiling at the last, i learn to handle any king of problem ( conflict resolution), courtesy. management were supportive some but some not, hardest part it was my first day to work as i was the only one who are handling all Old Mutual Branchs around Thohoyandou to Giyani i was scare if i will make it but finally i make it and learn more, enjoyable part it was when i see all my consumer form different branches smiling as management be happy about how i work
Pros
vouchers, certificate
Good working environment
Financial Wellness officer (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng12 January 2018
The job is nice helping clients understand their finances, and giving the solutions to solve their problems.
The job is stressful because there is too much paper work and only get on commission
Pros
Paper work, depressed clients, commission only
Cons
Helping clients with financial freedom
Celebrations or different Holidays
Recovery Officer (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng2 October 2017
Productive work and well focus, i learned a lot by dealing with different kinds of clients,good management respect others dis respective clients learning and understanding different kinds of views and clients.
Pros
Sometimes
4,0
Great enviroment to work in
Systems (Current Employee) –  Edenvale, Gauteng11 July 2017
It is great to work at Octogen, everyday is a new adventure.

Great staff and everybody is friendly. everyday there is something new to be learned and everybody is willing to teach and educate the others that need assistance.
Pros
great staff
Productivity
Legal Consultant (Current Employee) –  Gauteng26 April 2017
Its a good company to work, I have learnt a lot of things like how to handle customers including the difficult ones. I learn soft skills programme. Great company
Pros
Long lunch
Cons
No benefits
4,0
Both man and time management
Financial Wellbeing Officer (Current Employee) –  QwaQwa, Free State10 November 2015
Daily early meeting to discuss a prior day's performance. then reply to emails throughout the day, generate new business from leads obtained and handle all base clients queries.

I learned to be tolerant to other co-workers despite the change in moods, and personalities.

I manage my own work and time.

The challenge is to bring new feet into the branch, but with quality referrals that can be achieved.

To see the impact and change in a clients life, makes my day.
4,0
very fun and enjoyable envirnoment
Financial Wellness Officer (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg20 August 2015
It was the most enjoyable work as i was able to visit clients and their working ethics are team building.Visiting different companies and able to build a good relationship with those companies as i was helping there employees.
Pros
Gift Cards
Cons
Commission Ratings
very productive
data capturer (Current Employee) –  edenvale21 July 2015
a little stressfull at times,ive learnt alot when it comes to capturing certificates of balances on the database.i have amazing co workers,well some of them,the hardest part of my job is when our server is down and i have deadlines which cant be pushed forward,high pressure,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Octogen (Pty) Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

3,4