Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews

Found 1 140 reviews matching the search See all 1 319 reviews
3,0
Job responsibilities are too much for the salary offered. Its also a stressful work condition with monthly targets
Client Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Middelburg, Mpumalanga19 November 2019
Its a good job opportunity for a start up, it's challenging enough to groom one for future positions in sales industry. I is however very stressful, sensing and the work load can at times be too much making it hard to balance especially if one is studying. The salary is not that satisfactory, one constantly had the secure incentives for a good month.
Challenging
Finanacial advisor (Current Employee) –  Thohoyandou, Limpopo18 November 2019
You have targets which are not easy, but I like that for the first months they pay you without reaching those targets. this targets are set on a monthly basis.
Pros
Basic salary six month
Cons
Targets
Line manager
Branch Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, KwaZulu-Natal18 November 2019
Line Manager was very difficult and doesn't have proper work ethic. He was rude to the entire staff and made everyone feel small and incompetent when addressing the staff
Flexibility / Opportunity / High Demand for Service Excellence
Head of Managed Network Services (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape17 November 2019
Old Mutual Information Technology department is a dynamic, creative, challenging environment to work in, that drives speed as a "currency" and a customer focused delivery mindset, enabling our internal customers through the provisioning of IT Infrastructure services that underpin / enhance their ability to "do their job" and seamlessly interact with both internal teams and customers.
Diversity works at OM
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Cape Town16 November 2019
I would not hesitate to work for them again. Certainly the best company I have ever worked for. Very empowering to unleash innovation out of employees.
2,0
Working for Oldmutual was so stressful to me. I never wanna go back. I worked as a sales agent at RMM. Management sucks.
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape15 November 2019
I remember when one of my colleagues sweared at me and I reported the matter to my manager who just said I must adapt and stop being so soft, this is sales. There's no professionalism at all. Target is high but the commission is little. I used to cry every morning before going to work, beause I never wanted to see my abusive manager. If you looking for depression go do sales at Oldmutual.
5,0
Good working environment everyday.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng15 November 2019
You learn alot from this company staff and management very friendly and professional. Flexi working hours and the uniform is on point. I loved everything about the company
Impossible Targets
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Thohoyandou, Limpopo14 November 2019
The fact that is like a earn as you work, the targets that are unreachable due to the current economical setbacks, it’s was a nightmare knowing you won’t get paid cos you didn’t reach your target.
1,0
Productive but management is not up to standard
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal14 November 2019
Management not up to standard , had difficulty with manager who I was working under, a lot of unnecessary pressure and backstabbing , was not a good experience
5,0
The hardest part of the job is when you don't find clients
financial adviser (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng14 November 2019
I loved working there so much, even when you don't find clients you don't feel discarriaged, mangers are very helpful indeed, and benefits are worth it
No comment
Financial consultant (Former Employee) –  Jane Furse, Limpopo14 November 2019
Easy to apply on a new job,a company with many ideas but working on the company was not easy as they care only about themselves people work so hard for them but there is no appreciation,the company need the employees to go for marketing without the traveling allowance
Great to work
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  KwaZulu-Natal14 November 2019
Was good to work there ,I would like to go there again to gain more experiece.

To build a career is a great opportunity to a world of business , I want to see my self in a respective position next 3-5 years
5,0
Good
Financial Adviser (Former Employee) –  Nongoma13 November 2019
It was very good to work at old mutual.its a very good company when it comes customer service and by giving client products that suits their needs. I recommend them
5,0
old mutual has taught me to be organised ,has made me love tge face to to face job it is very exicting to work with different people and advising them
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal11 November 2019
I like the management structure and team work ,motivations and all that ibhave worked for old mutual fpr about 7 months bt tge experience i is more than that , ilike the fact that old mutual trains you before they can put you on tge field to represent the company.
3,0
You get good and bad times when you work there
Financial Advisor, uber driver (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal10 November 2019
Working at old mutual I can say its very stressful but pays very well because you get paid basic of about R8000 and also get paid bonuses for the work you put in.
Productive and fun workplace
PERSONAL FINANCIAL ADVISER (Current Employee) –  Hermanus, Western Cape8 November 2019
Communicating with Persons Outside Organization — Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.

Analyzing Data or Information — Identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.

Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work — Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.

Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events — Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
Productive and agility
Business Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape7 November 2019
I am happy to work with such productive , the most the that i like is the agility part. we tackle work as a team. Working environment is perfect , relaxed.
2,0
Need to change the way they do things
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Soweto, Gauteng6 November 2019
Or would be ideal for the company to continue investing on its employees. As the market is closing new ways of approach towards business is needed. Follow technolohy
4,0
Old mutual is one of the best companies that i want to grow and develop into
I am salarised finacial advisor (Current Employee) –  Goodwood, Western Cape6 November 2019
Old mutual is a good company with lot if benefits both for now you currently working and for refinement . Working at old mutual you need to be able to adapt easily beacuse is a very fast pased environment.
very relaxed
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape6 November 2019
it was a great company to work for
however i was mugged to many times on the road and therefore was forced to leave
i was a rep on the road selling policies