Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews in Bethlehem, Free State

Found 3 reviews matching the search See all 1 332 reviews
Productive and fun
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, Free State9 February 2016
Every day is a learning curve.
I have learnt all aspects of Financcial Management and Sales.
Management is hands and supportive but each indivdual must push himself.
Co-workers are skilled people and are fun to work with.The Team work is the name of the game.
The hardest part is to meet the sales standards in this difficult economic times.
You get exposed to new people and ideas and learning never stops.
Pros
Free Financial Educations.
Cons
Your salary is only on commission.
Just a cool company
Fiancial Cosultant (Second in charge) (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, FS23 January 2014
A typical work at work was when I had to open the branch and never had a manager to lead me to my daily work and company expectations from me, it was stressful day but had to ask from other branches and that lasted for about 3 days. After 3 months the new manager was sent and it was that was positive move for me and the company, that I could focus on my job description thoroughly.

I learned independency greatly and gained confidence in terms of personal boost, I was undermining myself and always was convinced that I had to start somewhere before I could jump to the next step, when I arrived there, there was a guy already working there but he couldn't lead and I had to step out of my cocoon shell and lead him, that was recognised by my superiors and I lead him until the new manager came our way. That was amazing and unbelievable.

Management was not that great as Blue Financial was under bankruptcy when I got there and there was lot of confusion, so it was always telephonical contacts with them, and not much of a visit and physical support, e.g., not going out on a marketing with us. to the new manager it was the same feeling she was feeling towards management

My co-worker was a good guy until the manager came after 3 months, sadly he left and it was only me and the new manager and she was great somebody.

The hardest part of the job was when not all the products were not appealing to the clients, and I had to do product mix and really it was tough convincing the clients to take products such as cell phone contracts and Insurances, but with selling skills and experience,
  more... it was do or die.

The most enjoyable part of the job, there were not really no enjoyable moments but I could say I was content after reaching my daily target for extra income.
Pros
Access to telephone for markrtin and a certain allowance to internet services to enhance our skills
Cons
lack of management support