Old Mutual Life Assurance Company

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews in Cape Town, Western Cape

Found 234 reviews matching the search See all 1 374 reviews
4,0
Good company to work for
Senior Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape14 January 2020
Good company with very good benefits.
Great leadership. Has a work life balance for most departments depending on what kind of work you do. Some could departments like call centers and back office could become challenging based on workload.
Fast-pased, fun environment
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape8 January 2020
Challenging but secure environment. There is room for growth both personal and as an employee. Hard work- long hours and extra efforts put but with great rewards.
Pros
Career development programs
Good diverse place
Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape6 January 2020
Old mutual is a Good company. They offer the following ,Alot of knowledge
,Friendly and helpful staff
,Good courses
,Training provided
,helpful people
Pros
gift cards, competitions
Great actuarial job culture
Actuarial Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape12 December 2019
I have had a great experience at Old Mutual and I've had many opportunities to learn and advance my career. I think it especially a great place to start working if it is your first actuarial job.
Old Mutual - Review
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape11 December 2019
The company has a lot of work to do as far as transformation is concerned. There was a lack of willingness to adjust to new things within the company and I joined whilst it was undergoing a lot of structural changes. Management are often bullies and supported by HR.
Flexibility / Opportunity / High Demand for Service Excellence
Head of Managed Network Services (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape17 November 2019
Old Mutual Information Technology department is a dynamic, creative, challenging environment to work in, that drives speed as a "currency" and a customer focused delivery mindset, enabling our internal customers through the provisioning of IT Infrastructure services that underpin / enhance their ability to "do their job" and seamlessly interact with both internal teams and customers.
Diversity works at OM
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Cape Town16 November 2019
I would not hesitate to work for them again. Certainly the best company I have ever worked for. Very empowering to unleash innovation out of employees.
2,0
Working for Oldmutual was so stressful to me. I never wanna go back. I worked as a sales agent at RMM. Management sucks.
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape15 November 2019
I remember when one of my colleagues sweared at me and I reported the matter to my manager who just said I must adapt and stop being so soft, this is sales. There's no professionalism at all. Target is high but the commission is little. I used to cry every morning before going to work, beause I never wanted to see my abusive manager. If you looking for depression go do sales at Oldmutual.
Productive and agility
Business Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape7 November 2019
I am happy to work with such productive , the most the that i like is the agility part. we tackle work as a team. Working environment is perfect , relaxed.
very relaxed
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape6 November 2019
it was a great company to work for
however i was mugged to many times on the road and therefore was forced to leave
i was a rep on the road selling policies
Productive and organized
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape4 November 2019
Great culture with fantastic people. The Pinelands building is constantly upgrading to make everything convenient and as comfortable for staff as possible.
Fast paced
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape24 October 2019
Good company to work for it pay well. It is Monday to Friday no public holidays. It is a good call centre to work and working environments is good. I can for this company anytime.
5,0
i've gained a lot of experience
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape6 October 2019
i have learnt a lot at old mutual, i have learn so many skills such as interacting with clients. the management was nice to us. i have enjoyed working at old mutual and i have gained a lot of experience.
Culture is phenomenal
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape2 October 2019
The culture of the company is excellent, company itself is a good company to work for, but the growth is something the company should really look into as they would loose many potential workers
Pros
Working hours
Cons
Medical aid that's compulsory and high cost
4,0
Production and a good working enviroment with proper mamagement
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape1 October 2019
It is a greate country that accommodates everyone, the staff is good towards each other, management is always willing to hep and assist at any given time.
5,0
Overall review was good however there was room for improvement.
Specialist medical aid consultant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape29 August 2019
It was great working at Old at Old Mutual there were lots of growth opportunities.I worked for Old Mutual medical aid administering various medical aids. Dealt with members telephonically assisting them with all their medical aid queries. I also dealt with Drs rooms requesting member benefits and also claim related queries . I resigned for personal reasons.
Interesting place, slow change
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape28 August 2019
Old mutual is one of those organizations that talks big but doesn’t walk big.
Change needs to happen in order for their business to grow, but politics and egos prevent good ideas from coming up
1,0
Very productive
BA (Former Employee) –  BA in Cape Town4 August 2019
I had the worst project manager. I loved my job but she had an issue with feedback.
She complained abt me for no reason.
I went to speak to HR about her. She swore at me in front of people because of an error I picked up and brought to her attention. She ignored and it caused problems
Pros
Good foundatiin
Cons
Long hours. Lack of respect
5,0
Best company I've ever worked for
Client service specialist (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape24 June 2019
Great work culture
Best employee rewards system
Care about staff wellness
Great benefits for staff and children
Car loan benefits
Great investment options for staff
Great sports facilities
Pros
Best company to work for.
Professional and productive
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape24 June 2019
Professional and productive company to work with, with the typical large corporate office politics to navigate. Pleasant working conditions with some really professional people and attitudes.
Pros
Results oriented, enjoyable
Cons
Office politics, red-tape