Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews in Johannesburg, Gauteng

Found 85 reviews matching the search See all 1 364 reviews
4,0
Productive and fun working enviroment
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng19 October 2016
A typical day at work should be filled with room for growth,and have challenges. Management should be willing to share information and enegetic. Working should be fun
Pros
medical aid and provident fund
Cons
long working hours
5,0
It is a great company to work for.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng11 October 2016
People should start applying at Old Mutual it is my ideal company. I enjoyed interacting wit people and being on field selling insurance, u get to meet with different kind of people and companies. You get to expand your knowledge in different sectors, u learn new things each and every day as get to meet with new faces everyday.
Pros
Training was also great, free lunches, buffet.
Cons
u work smart.
Professional work environment
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng6 October 2016
Excellent management team, team work is encouraged.

Internal processes need to be re-evaluated and improved.
Reaching targets through all odds made the job tedious.

Flexible hours and servicing or advising clients on a daily basis made the job enjoyable.
Pros
Flexible working hours, field work, employee benefits
Cons
not being paid if targets are not meet.
3,0
it's a fun place to work for
Credit Controller (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng27 September 2016
it's a fun place to work for and there's great opportunities and the culture is good.However there isn't enough room for growth.
5,0
lots of opportunities to grow
Personal Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng21 September 2016
very flexible hours great salary opportunities, management is very supportive. hardest part is finding your feet in terms of a stable client base. i find working for old mutual can open a lot of doors if you can start on a good client base
4,0
Really great company to work at.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng6 September 2016
Old Mutual is a very productive company to work for, it has great incentives as well as employee development structures. Although their management structure needs to be worked on.
Pros
Salary increases
Cons
No overtime
5,0
productive fun and very informational
Client Services Consultant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng17 July 2016
Good working environment, very energised ,funb to hang around, professional at all times, respective , the company thought me more good customer service and servicing clients on how to communicate with them professionally and dealing with work pressure especially on reaching daily targets and pushing beyond boundaries especially in making sure that clients care happy and assisted at all time ,time management and well grooming in respecting other people not only as clients ,but also as family in understanding their needs at all times and .asking sure you deliver good service.
Pros
free lunches
1,0
fun but management are so cold hearts
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg17 June 2016
Working hear was funny but management are something else they Will like you only the week that you reach ur target if u don't the following week they can even shout at u, no it was traumatizing and boring and they ask some of employees to spy on other not health environment at all Old Mutual RMM.
Pros
Cons
flexible
5,0
Productive and fun working place
Financial Adviser (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng10 June 2016
Working in Old Mutual is fun yet one learns a lot in terms of managing finances, very challenging, have very supporting managers, surrounded by friendly colleagues, hardest part would b finding new clients, most enjoyable is when we have events
Pros
Events/functions
Cons
finding new clients
Financial Services
IT Auditor (Former Employee) –  Joburg31 May 2016
One of the big financial services comapnies, under the ministry finance and responsible for pensions administration
Good environment
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg7 April 2016
Securing appiontments,overseeing sales staff under me and seeing clients and securing deals.Meeting new people everyday and own time management
Pros
Healthy environment
Cons
Clawbacks on bussiness
5,0
There are no job growth structures in place
PERSONAL FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng26 February 2016
Old Mutual is an entity that operates from a disparagement portfolio, where overall processes are concentrated to an individual line manager thus reducing independence, job satisfaction and frustrating growth. There is no clear-cut job advancement and security, because the remuneration structure is purely commission based. The job culture is also unclear because of the style of management.
Pros
the training is profitable, yes.
Cons
There tends to be favouritism
productive,chalenging
Security manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP25 December 2015
the biggest South African insurance company,working for the intelligence unit was exciting and profitable for me,learn things you don't see in the university books
3,0
On a typical day at work, My colleagues and I try to have fun as much as possible while pushing our targets. Fun work environment
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP20 October 2015
I personally like to grow and develop my knowledge by going an extra mile with my job, for example doing my team leaders job when they are not around just to gain more experience in my field of work.
Pros
Rewards
Cons
Long Hours
3,0
Fun workplace, but challenges in terms of income are present
Executive Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP28 August 2015
Been with Old mutual for over 5 years broken service. Excellent company to work for. As a financial adviser, your monthly income is hugely dependent on whether your clients are loyal to their premiums. No amount of screening or background checks can prepare you for if and when a client suffers financially. Once their income is affected, their premiums to policies suffer. Once this happens , my income suffers. No matter how hard i push myself and no matter how hard i work at my job, my income never displays my effort. Its heart breaking and frustrating. I therefore need more stability in terms of income
Pros
Environment
Cons
Income
4,0
very fun and stressful at the same time
Financial advisor (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP23 June 2015
i need to plan my day effectively, manage my time efficiently and make appointments and meet them in time. i need to be self motivated because of the pressure that comes with the job. i have to report figures to manager everyday.The hardest part of the job is meeting your weekly budget and the most enjoyable part of the job is helping/ advising customers of what they need after doing a financial analysis.
Pros
you are not based in the office
Cons
the work is very stressful
Productive work enviroment.
Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP17 April 2015
-My typical work day starts at 7 and finishes at 5,with a 45 minute lunch inbetween.Its normally very busy the first 10 working days of the month.After deadlines are met its normally quiet only with queries from the CFO and other users of financial information.
Productive & Fun
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP26 February 2015
Explain to individuals and groups the details of financial assistance available to college and university students, such as loans, grants, and scholarships.
Guide clients in the gathering of information such as bank account records, income tax returns, life and disability insurance records, pension plan information, and wills.
Recommend strategies clients can use to achieve their financial goals and objectives, including specific recommendations in such areas as cash management, insurance coverage, and investment planning
Analyze financial information obtained from clients to determine strategies for meeting clients' financial objectives.
Contact clients' creditors to arrange for payment adjustments so that payments are feasible for clients and agreeable to creditors.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Clawbacks
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP11 September 2014
I would seek new business and rendr financial advise to clients. I ould to cold calling and make appiontments. Offer clients life cover, investment etc.
Pros
best commision
Cons
flied worker
Room for creativity
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP27 August 2014
Great company to work for if one follows a Financial Planning career.
Allows one to gain and polish customer relationship skills.
Allows self management.
The hardest part of the job is one cannot afford to take long leave (eg 30days) because of its pay structure which is a commission based one.
This job allows one to study and uplift yourself academically because there is potential for lots of time availability.
Pros
Plenty of benefits
Cons
Remuneration structure does not benefit one during time of sickness or leave.