Old Mutual Life Assurance Company

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews in Johannesburg, Gauteng

Productive and fun workplace
Honesty, Respect and to protect myself

working at Old mutual i have learnt to be to be honest not only with the kind of work i did but with myself as well. I have learnt that I take accountability and advanced my responsibility character.

I am a cultured person guided by my own as well as organisational rules.

I have confident in Old Mutual Insure.
3,0
fun enviroment to be working at
In the morning i report to the office and make appointments with clients and go see them based on their profile when i get there i advise the client on his/her finances. The hardest part of the job was only that appointments will be far apart getting to client in time. The fun part of the job is that you can work more hours and make more money
Pros
bonus
3,0
Nice Environtment
I work flexi hours.so i can be at for any amount of time, sometimes i am at the office for 12 hours straight. I make calls and talk to clients,set appointments and submit my business. There is a lot of administration to be bdone so that takes time.I have learnt to be self disciplined in such an environment. I have learnt to work hard even though you do not get much paid,but you do it because is exciting and fun. I work with freindly people. Ladies do not seem to last in this job , so i work with a lot of men. You find very serious people and you find those playful ones. The hardest part is to cold call someone you do not know, not knowing what is going to be their responce. You might put in too much time on a client that are not going to buy or are going to dissapoint you at the end after you have spent time and money trying to help and/sell to the client. It is enjoyable when you get a good business from a good client,who does not cost you too much money and time, who are honest and keep the business running.
Pros
flexible, fun and exciting when you have good clients.
Cons
bad clients who lapse thier policies, drop you when you had spent so much on them, and the business (old mutual)has to claw back the commission that they have given to you.
Productive and fun workplace
-flexibilty at work place
-i have learned how to work with people and to advise them with their finances

-Management highly supportive

- Colleagues are very much understanding to each other.

-The hardest part for this job is the clawbacks and their commission structure.

-Achievements we get ,recognitions and support
Cons
flexible hrs
5,0
no growth but a lovely company to work for
The salary n benefits are great but there is no growth. Developments educationally it is available, management need to be restructured.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
working on saturdays
5,0
it was a great experience to work there
working at the company was greatas i was fairly treated but they had to take few people for a permanent job and unfortunatly i was not part of that people
Pros
good working conditions
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Mutual Life Assurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.
4,0