Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews in Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal

Found 24 reviews matching the search See all 1 374 reviews
Not good
Financial Adviser (Former Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal5 January 2020
Do not be fooled by the sweet talking and smooth words. There's a lot of sugar coating to convince interviewees to take the position. There's a lot of competition and the commission structure is less than appealing. The incentives were literally a chocolate bar and little bottle of coke.
The training facilities are the only exciting part of working for Old Mutual.
5,0
A Very good company to work for
Senior Operational Support Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg, ZA2 February 2019
Old Mutual is one on the best companies to for. The reason I would like to apply for a job in another company is that to grow myself. I have no more growth in Old Mutual.
Pros
Pension Fund
Cons
Myself development
4,0
old mutual was a pleasure to wor for
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal13 September 2018
setting up appointments, i enjoyed meetings and outings, hardest part of the job was signing up clients. the people i worked with where very helpful, management is all to themselves
Productive Company with goals
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal28 August 2018
I am a person who like to go extra mile,I use to commit myself at work making sure of doing marketing,making my monthly targets all times,I'm good in time management ,fast in learning and typing,listening to other people I have respect
Pros
No free lunchies but putting extra effort when it comes to business
Cons
Yes long hours if clients are still available
Productive and Exciting
Personal Financial Adviser (Current Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg KwaZulu-Natal29 May 2018
Its a very exciting industry, full of opportunities. It is very stressful as you constantly under pressure.
Management is good at their job.
hardest part of the Job is Targets and dealing with clients cancelling their policies.
Most Enjoyable part of the job is Meeting new people and make peoples dreams come true.
Fun place to work @
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal16 May 2018
working at old mutual is really different because you are your one boss the harder you work the better you get paid. You have a lot of freedom to do as you please plus the management is very helpful always pushing you to reach new leaves.
Pros
work your own hours
Cons
no basic salary
Fun work place
Secretary (Current Employee) –  pietermaritzburg, cascades12 March 2018
The only down side to my job is that very low salary, it's below the minimum wage yet I'm a recruiting admin and secretary to a Development Manager. There are also no company benefits.Hence they say we are private secretaries and not on Old Mutual's payroll but we do Old Mutual work.
Pros
Time management
Cons
Short hours
fun workplace
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal25 February 2018
Gettin cleints to take a policy and advise the the right way.
working under pressure and dealing with cancellations
the work place was fun
getting cleint to sign up and keeping the policy was the hardest
Pros
fun work place
Cons
commision
Lack of a challenge
Client Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal25 January 2018
I had a lack of a work challenge
My work ethic made for an ostracizing from co-workers whom were happy to sit on there phones all day and accumulate files on there desk to "look busy"
Extra time worked and effort put into organising was not achknowledged
Bad.
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal15 July 2017
You work for money you'll never see, for the first two years. You better off in a fully commission job if you well off in being a financial adviser...
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Making targets to get a salary.
Everything is about Insurance
Data Capturer (Former Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal11 July 2017
If you're interested in insurance in the long run, then Old Mutual is the place for you. If you're interested in getting involved in making money for yourself as you grow in the world of business, then you should consider getting involved in insurance.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Long Hours
3,0
Dedication and passion for your career is rewarding
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal11 May 2017
Commission based
very exciting meeting new clients everyday and guiding them thru their portfolios and helping them to reach their goals and vision.
Its target orientated and could get very stressful .
Pros
working hours are flexible
Cons
commission only
4,0
Fun place in which to grow and learn new processes and build relatsionships.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal9 March 2017
learnt a lot about client services and building relatsionships. I also did lots of assessments so development was huge. Computer systems and ways of submitting business as great to learn. Time management also was vital as you were free and if not responsible can really be a disadvantage.
Pros
Attending special launces and Team Buildings.
3,0
productive and fun working with the company
Financial advisor (Former Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal25 February 2017
It was not always easy to find clients. You have to be determined and focused in order to succeed in this job. Most of all believe in yourself and be patient.
Pros
free petrol
Cons
long hours were optional
4,0
Healthy environment with opportunities for growth
Financial Adviser (Former Employee) –  KZN - Pietermaritzburg19 December 2016
It was hard sales, first thing is to report in the office for duty.
Look at my daily plan and confirm appointments and then get ready to go out and make presentations if any.

Presentations and to close sales

Good management and teamwork is encouraged.

The hardest part is when one makes a presentation and fails to close a sale.

The most enjoyable part is meeting new people on a daily basis.
Pros
Bonuses and recognition
Cons
Working round the clock to make sales
5,0
it a good company with a number of work places and experience laedership
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal18 October 2016
It was a good opportunity for me I learned a lot of things and I achieved a lot but it was a job that you can not guarantee your future
Pros
weekl braais, weekends holidays, awards feast
Cons
standard working hour
Fast paced environment
Personal Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal30 September 2016
Company was very accommodating however contract offered was unreasonable.
Many opportunities to expand and work towards accreditation. Good staff environment
4,0
flexi, target orientated, use of own vehicle (no petrol allowance)
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal24 September 2016
very friendly working environment.
training was provided regarding various aspects of Life cover.
Management - friendly and always assisting. Continuous coaching.
co- workers always assisting, with
a friendly personality.
Most difficult part of job is to strive, and to ensure persistency in sales.
Working in our teams. learning something new every day. Very enthusiastic, motivated always aiming to achieve.
Pros
team building, setting appointments with various organisations on a monthly basis, doing something little to make the day a memorable one for all
Cons
should you not achieve target, no basic salary
5,0
A very supportive productive fun place to be
Financial Planner (Current Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg, ZN22 October 2014
My Day starts with prayer at my office ,greetings ,phone calls and confirmation of appointments for the day. Then client interaction.Everyday I learn something different as I meet different people everyday. Management is so supportive and eveready to help make us the best that we can be as long as we do our part.My co workers are very professional and fun loving people also very willing to share ideas on how we can do things better.The hardest part of the job is when I have to tell a client his or her policy Declined due to health reasons.The most enjoyable part is when we paying out a cliam to a client.
Pros
You work your own time and write your own cheque
Cons
You work abnormal hours and somtimes suffer major loss in income due to lapses
1,0
It is the fun and busy workplace
Financial Adviser (Current Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg, ZN21 March 2014
I have learn to be patient to the clients and treat others fairly. The most hardest part in this job, it is where you can not find clients and the enjoyable part in this job, it is where you exceed the target
Pros
Dealing with different clients from different background is the most important part.
Cons
When the client has empty promise for the appointment