Old Mutual Life Assurance Company

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews in Polokwane, Limpopo

Found 18 reviews matching the search See all 1 404 reviews
5,0
Best company that you can work for
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Polokwane, Limpopo29 August 2019
Responsible for the day to day running of the branch to ensure that customers expectation are met at all times they visit the branch.
Driving sales targets on a daily basis .
Challenging and fun
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Polokwane, Limpopo13 August 2018
I would recommend it to graduates to learn the hustle, communicate in the cooperate world and also to meet the minimum targets set by the imployers. Tackle challenges is also key.
Pros
Awards
Cons
Targets
User friendly working environment
Personal Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Polokwane1 May 2018
Looking for clients and making sure that customer are well taken care of. workplace culture is where employees follow the procedure to execute their daily responsibilities.
Pros
Freedom to work
Cons
Not having clients
Compliance in a workplace
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Polokwane, Limpopo6 March 2018
Facilitate the skills audit process/ Identify training needs. Compile branch’s workplace skills plan and annual training report. Organise and coordinate skills programme. Mentor and train sales staff to ensure that sales targets are met. By ensuring that compliance requirements are adhered to and deals with non-compliance issues pro-actively. Manage employee health and wellness
Pros
Free lunches
Very Professional work environment
Financial Adviser (Current Employee) –  Polokwane30 November 2017
Hard work is key in any industry and to never take anyone for granted even the tea lady. Always treating everyone with respect.
Excellent in work support structures and health care.
Pros
Free medical aid
Cons
Commission structure was difficult
5,0
Remarkable and fun place to work at and I wish to learn and grow within the company
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Polokwane11 April 2017
I'm a hard worker and able to work under pressure as we have to see clients and do all our admin ourselves. From faxing, copies, emailing, e-filing, etc. Also studying and writing exams every now and then.
4,0
It was a very memorable experience working for the Old Mutual and we had many good times together,
financial advisor (Former Employee) –  Polokwane2 March 2017
We were in a branch with over 100 representatives with split into various teams of which I was one of the trainee managers at the time and had a small group of representatives under me. I was given the task of managing our social funds as treasurer as well as funds to the then so called 51 club.
Pros
excellent training
Cons
commission based income
Proffessional Environment
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Polokwane, Limpopo14 February 2017
This is a great place to work and learn. there is always a good support system from the management and team work is always encouraged. There are good prospects for growth
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Target orientde
4,0
Refer to the below sammary.
Personal Financial Adviser (Current Employee) –  Limpopo, Polokwane12 September 2016
I've learned that management take their job very seriously because it happened that one day I was invited to come and write assessments and I was wearing a formal without tie, my manager had to send me back to get one because they always wear a tie to look professional. I've not experienced any hardest part of the job as yet. The most enjoyable part of the job is when staff are invited to training and company events, they really take care of their people.
2,0
new policies and death claims
Secretary/PA (Current Employee) –  Polokwane, Limpopo2 August 2016
my opinion is to work hard and focussed at what your doing,i learned to tollerate the client,my management was to kind and my cor-workers are very helpfull working underpresure but i can manage,the most enjoyable part is to help clients and answering calls
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
only last for 30 mins
productive and fun
personal assistant (Current Employee) –  Polokwane, LP16 March 2015
the job evolves around client and their financial planning,i have learned alot for the past few months and now am able to work independetly. my co-workers are so helpful,i pay attention to detail and have strong administration skills so for me the job is easy and simple.
Pros
free training lunch and birthday lunch
Cons
extended hours to meet submission date
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Polokwane, LP16 February 2015
When training the newly recruited financial advisors, learning that there are different characters from people, working hand in hand with managers and co-worker, doing she report and key registry and going office to office checking if the financial advisors are not struggling with submitting the new business.
productive
FINANCIAL ADVISOR AND PLANNER (Current Employee) –  Polokwane, LP26 January 2015
productive,hectic and good
busy and if you are not in to sales you wont make it
productive,fun,friendly and professional
personal assistant (Current Employee) –  Polokwane, LP1 November 2013
Atypical day include reading and responding to the emails sent to my boss,submission of policies,typing faxing and answering the phone,
Pros
free trips
Cons
long hours and there is no specified lunch time you have lunch only when you are not busy
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Polokwane, LP10 September 2013
>I've learned to liase with clients in a professional manner and keep my personal life out of the office.

>The hardest part of the job is when i have to deal with the unsatisfied client, that seems to be a bit challenging but i can cope well undr such circumstances.

>We have a good management team that appreciates and everyone and never under-estimate the intelligence of another party.

>The most enjoyable part of the would be learning and exploring new things at work, new challenging and exciting levels of the job as one grows from one level to another and also to socialise with the colleagues, getting to know each other, encourage one another, motivate and advice both professionally and socially(personal life).
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Long hours if and when required
5,0
secretary to the Personal Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  polokwane30 October 2012
I work normal hours 8:30 to 4:30.i learned lot of things at this company like time management and work adtiquete, how to talk to people, how to treat ur co-workers and clients.the hardest part of the day is when we are off-line the hole day and clients are waiting for their documents to be recieved to them.
Pros
free pens and calenders
Cons
no long hours
5,0
Old mutual is a nice workplace
secretary/pa (Current Employee) –  limpopo, polokwane26 September 2012
every thursday is the hectic day, i learned many things like how to deal with the different customers,the management is alright, my co-workers are all friendly,the hardest part is when i miss the dead line it becomes so hrd because i have to do everything in a harry and what i enjoy the most is when i am sitting in front of my computer working very hard to do my job well done and calling the clients for appointments with the Personal Financial Advisor