Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews in Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape

Found 30 reviews matching the search See all 1 371 reviews
Challanging
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape4 December 2019
Old mutual was a great entrance into the sales environment for me as an individual. It was my first sales job so working towards targets was very challenging. Old mutual had enough resources for me to engage in the competitive environment.
Pros
Great Training
Cons
Challenging targets
Productive and fun
Working at old Mutual for me was a life changing experience. It was my first time working in the sales industry and you can only imagine how intense it was for me to try to reach targets and all. The great thing is that all resources were given to me so i had the opportunity to excel without any hiccups from their end.
5,0
Old mutual is a good company that empower employees that are willing to be empowered.. They have a humanity culture
I was a financial advisor (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape22 October 2019
Its good to work for old mutual. If they can not put tooo much pressure and treat employees to fire them And another thing they employ inexperienced advisor and pay them more salary tgan experience advisors.At client service there must be a booth number that is special for the advisors to do their claims Coz when we want to claim they treat us like clients we must stay on the Queue queue the queue
3,0
Time for family very limited as one works 6 days per week starting from 8 till 6pm.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape7 October 2019
Managing staff and sell loans to community that is not affording to pay the money back. having to sell to an area where people are not employed and un-employment rate that is very high. This put stress to my staff as sales were not easy to do.
3,0
You get out what you put in
Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape30 September 2019
The Financial Services Industry is a tough, competitive and selfish industry where the focus is on sales although the environment is highly regulated. Large corporations often promote from within and it is extremely difficult to move up in the company regardless of performance. If you are looking for earning potential then the insurance industry delivers but only if you are prepared to put in the long hours and years required to promote yourself and build yourself up in the industry.
Fun work place and Productive
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape25 September 2019
Productive, fun and stressfull at the same time. I have learned how to work under pressure and in a team. I have learned how to manage time, learned many ways of handling challenges, and leadership skills as well. The hardest part about the job is to meet the target and keeping your thousands of clients in your books. The enjoyable part are outings, the functions and team outings.
Pros
Free Lunches and SNT
Fun
Get to office have a start up meeting, after meeting play uplifting meeting, pray and bless the day ahead then we start our day by servicing our clien
Good Experience
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape20 February 2019
Recruitmment of new financil advisors for old Mutual. Conducting initial interviews, taking candidated s from start to finish in the application process. Drafting contracts, posting job adverts, etc.
Pros
Free lunch
Productive and Fun
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape8 January 2019
Use of Innovation and initiative

Dedicated

Time Management

Attention to detail

Customer Orientated
Pros
Free lunches
2,0
Pleasant co workers/peers
Personal Financial Adviser (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape6 July 2018
Stressful environment. Immense pressure to reach targets and made to feel incompetent if you don't.

Many factors are beyond your control. The first 2 years you are given a target to reach and if you reach it you get a salary. After that the basic falls away which can leave you for months without an income as you are penalised for policies that fall off books.

My peers where a pleasure to work with.
Pros
Cons
not getting paid. no basic compensation for cancelled policies
Great job , but...
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape27 June 2018
Amazing place to work for, great environment for sales driven individuals .

However I do believe the pay system is flawed as your salary is entirely based on if an individual pays his or her policy ( even 2 years later )
Pros
Great Benefits, Flexible hours, no cap on earning abilities
Cons
No security regarding monthly pay
Enjoyed the Job
Claims Relationship Consultant (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape26 May 2018
Job dealing with disgruntled brokers and clients, sorting out discrepencies and ensuring a mutual beneficial outcome.

Job satisfaction was key and thoroughly beneficial at the end of the day when we have happy clients and brokers.
Pros
The feeling of a positive outcome.
Cons
Not being able to always be able to help.
Wonderful Work Environment
Personal Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape17 May 2018
I loved every moment working for Old Mutual, my Manager was amazing and the team culture and award system was amazing. I was heartbroken when we had to relocate and i was left to resign. Amazing company that I would reccommend for anyone and still activiely referring possible recruits to.
Pros
Great Team Culture, Award incentives
3,0
great opportunity for me to express my capabilities due to my challenges
admin trainee (Former Employee) –  old mutual , port elizabeth19 January 2018
My typical day woul be assisting office administator and sales manager with filling, scan,fax,email,print,service printer with toner and paper jam,assist field finance advisers with softawe system access available only at the offices to view client portfolios,call clients to improve persistency and reduce NTU of the branch , attend to walk-ins clients and assist with payment of policies update ,assist with stop the clock updates
Pros
good teamwork experienced
Cons
not enough opportunities to develop
5,0
Summary
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape15 March 2017
Old Mutual is a very professional company. I just do not agree with the commission structure.They give excellent sales training and they are very proffesional.
Pros
Medical Aid
4,0
Old Mutual is a productive work place. I enjoy the work and people.
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape13 March 2017
Management at Old Mutual is super. I enjoy going to work daily. Typical day starts with drawing of statistics, etc.

The workplace is recommended to any person,
Pros
Good environment to work in
Cons
No permanent position
3,0
old mutual is a great company to for
Broker Consultant (Former Employee) –  port elizabeth10 February 2017
They always provide training for their brokers, they pay a good commission and you work at your own pace the is no one who one rushing you and you have no time management.
Pros
you get free training and being paid while training
Cons
paid by commission
challenging , constructive , fun , upskilling
Sales Consultant / Administrative clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape8 February 2017
Working in a diversed environment , where i not just work in a team but mostly learn from all with different character traits, can be challening but also constructive .
Pros
competing with self in a target driven environment
fun
financial advisor (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape12 October 2016
You meet new people every day and you must try to learn what they want or not because client is always ryt so there is nothnothing more I can say besides of stressing job ever u deal with targets
Pros
free coffee, free brochures
Cons
any time
4,0
Awesome company to work for
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape1 October 2016
Marketing Old Mutual products and advising people with their financial problems by convincing them to save and invest money with the company this was interesting because I had to deal with different people everyday.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
travelling