Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

Found 5 reviews matching the search See all 1 374 reviews
4,0
productive
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Uitenhage, Eastern Cape17 November 2016
I learn how to communicate with clients. the management is good. the employees they are flexible. I enjoy my work and the experience get at old mutual is related to my National Diploma. I enjoy working at old mutual
Pros
free lunch
Cons
5,0
Projects have a restless nature, no 2 days are the same, you have to adapt every day to the requirement of the day
Project Support Administration (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WC6 October 2015
Old Mutual is a stunning, giant of a company to work for. It won the award for the best company to work for 5 years in a row this year. They treat staff well and the mix of people working here is extremely knowledgeable.
Pros
We have a strong commitment to "culture fit", and the difference is noticeable during stressful times, staff "gel" very well
3,0
Interesting and socially educational
Admin assistant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WC14 March 2014
A typical day at work as far as administration is concerned. The management team can be helpful at times. They are not always available.
I have learnt that a heart for people is at the centre of any human interactive career.
I have also learnt how to be more financially savy in my own life and the importance of having a financial plan
The hardest part of this job was having a client put in a death claim. Her grandchild was stillborn.. heartbreaking.

Helping people is the reward of this job. Helping people to be financially free to what they need to and what they have always wanted to do.
3,0
Enriching and Informative
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Temba Mpumalanga11 September 2012
Hardest part of this job is time management and dealing with a diverse culture. Time management is crucial because it takes time dealing with a client and capturing his/her information on the system, you cannot stay on one client long hours because there is a deadline to be met, time management skills must be aquired for this! Management is good, encouraging in someway, ethical too. I love working with my co-workers hence they are friendly, helpfull and enjoy engaging into fun actitvities over fridays just to keep the work pressure off.
Pros
working with people
Cons
long hours and hard work