Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews for Administrator

Found 42 reviews matching the search See all 1 336 reviews
Productive and organized
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape4 November 2019
Great culture with fantastic people. The Pinelands building is constantly upgrading to make everything convenient and as comfortable for staff as possible.
5,0
It was amazing working for old mutual, the environment and the people.
Administrator, Agency Franchise (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng19 October 2019
I enjoyed working for old mutual, it was like home to me. I met the most amazing people in my team and other teams. I learned so much about my job, working with other people and myself. It was my first real job. I was on contract unfortunately so my stay was very short. Given a chance I'd go back and on a permanent basis this time.
Very volatile environment
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pinelands, Western Cape1 June 2019
Old mutual is a great place to work at. Crunch time is crunch time and they take the variety if cultures very seriously. The company itself looks after their employees.
Pros
Recognition of employees
Prductive working environment
Risk Survey Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng27 March 2019
One of the best insurance companies in the world and will never disappoint when coming to short-term insurance. I will recommend. It is good working with Old Mutual due to their culture and how they do things.
I would say the employees are so calm and reliable.
Lovely learning experience
Retirement Fund Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pinelands, Western Cape22 November 2018
I sold various long term financial products and also did Retirement Fund Administration Old Mutual.

I dealt with outbound clients and cold calling on a daily basis.
4,0
Productive and great floor support from colleagues w.r.t on the job training
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape2 August 2018
Requires an intellectual who isn't afraid of being vocal and going against the flow of the tide. Be eager. Take initiative but go about it in a manner that is withing the departmental process.
Pros
Transport home for late night overtime (also well compensated for overtime)
Check and balances
Distribution Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  East London, Eastern Cape13 July 2018
Methodical work that is characterised by many checks and balances that can not be omitted when capturing business, where if omitted will invalidate that business,
To me hardest part is to make all necessary checks and advising the right product is the most enjoyable part.
Pros
Working hours
Cons
incentives
4,0
Full of diversity and hard workers
OMF Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pinelands, Western Cape14 June 2018
START AT 8AM AND FINISH AT 5PM.

Everyday there is something new and challenging.

They have taught me so much, of which mentioning a few that stood out, everyone is equal, and we work together as team to reach the top.

Our management is well equipped for their position and plays as our mentors when need be. They supportive and goes out of their way to accommodate and satisfy everyone.

The hardest part is not being recognized because there's so much going on.

The most enjoyable is our freebies and rewards. Early leaving. Our teambuilding and staff events.]
Pros
Lunch monies, Medical aid, Wellbeing support
Cons
Recognisition
What I learned
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape14 February 2018
I learned how to communicate with people from different races and religions, and that made me a better person. The most enjoyable part of the job was to interact with different types of people all over South Africa via telephone.
Pros
Free lunch vouchers on Saturday shifts
Cons
Some team leaders do not have the proper interpersonal skills
3,0
productive and target driven
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape22 November 2017
Very self developing environment where alot of development is encouraged as far as the business is regarded.Its also a very fun cultured yet driven environment
5,0
fun and cultured company to work for
Administrator Clerk (Former Employee) –  Western Cape31 March 2017
Its a great company with great values. It's was only an houner to be an ambassador to such a brand. Integrity and honesty are one of the values they hold up high.
Pros
shares
Great working experience.
Unit Trust Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pinelands, Western Cape9 March 2017
During my 5 year tenure in the UK, I had learnt so much and also adapted to a change in culture.

Being independent, responsible and meeting and working for "foreigners' seemed like a 5 year holiday.

Exposure to work-life balance was great, especially when working in a different city. I think its the best working experience ever.
1,0
Good work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Gauteng15 February 2017
Old mutual is a good company ever since I have been there, they are really welcoming, treating customers in a good menar, also I have gained a good experience from them because I was in a learnerships.
Pros
Free lunch
4,0
Productive and fun work place
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tongaat Village, KwaZulu-Natal1 February 2017
Admin Clerk

I help walk in client.
Call the head office to follow up on disinvestment and claims.
New business tracking on system.
Capturing of new business cases.
General office duties.
Very friendly culture.
The hardest part of the job is where I have to leave at the end of the day.
The most enjoyable part is helping clients and capturing of cases.
Pros
There is alot of work to make the time fly
Cons
no lunch breaks
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng19 January 2017
- When there is bad log, we compromise our lunch and knock of time to give productivity
- the importance of time management and to multitask
- very reliable and they appreciate the team
- very ethical
- The target is rounded off for the whole month
5,0
Productive and Fun work place.
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape7 December 2016
It was when an angry client called in regarding her debit order that didn't go off from her account that she has with us.
I was still new in the team, I apologized to client on behalf of the Company and of the consultant who assisted her and I politely asked client to please stay on the line while I had to gather all the necessary information regards her query.
I learnt that if you stay calm all the time you will never go wrong.
I asked my colleagues for assistance and I got back to the client with all the full and positive feedback and client thanked me and I could hear that she was smiling.
My colleagues are so helpful because we work as a Team.
The hardest part of my job is only when I can't get hold of the client knowing that his/her accounts will fall behind if I don't confirm the information from client.
I enjoy every moment I spent in my work place, I feel at home because we respect and accommodate any culture within the company, we live our company values at Old Mutual.
5,0
fund administrator at old mutual
Fund Administrator (Former Employee) –  Retirement Fund Administration8 October 2016
I enjoyed working as fund administrator because it had a lot of responsibility and was challenging. I was being recognised by my manager because I loved my job.
Good working environment
Claims Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape2 September 2016
Big company with ambitious goal, dedicated to thier culture which is creating a great customer/client experience.
It has a quite a huge customer base.
Great opportunity to gain corporate experience such as communication or presentation.
Pros
Efficient training
Cons
Difficult Targets
3,0
Productive and enjoyable job
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape6 May 2016
I have a huge responsibility of having to allocate work on daily basis to the Employees and extracting the stats.
I've learned alot in my current position but overall working for a Company like Old Mutual.
I build relationships with all my Managers.
I believe in having trust and understanding with my colleagues and that's why I never had bad experiences before.
I don't have a hard part of my job , it's a challenge which I enjoy and I love learning new things.
Learning new things , doing my work on time and coping under pressure.
Pros
Working hours
Cons
Salary
opportunities & fun workplace
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape15 February 2016
A typical day at work would be a busy day dealing with funeral claims, however we make time to have a laugh while being accurately productive.
In my 6 years of working at Old Mutual I can truly say I have expanded my knowledge immensely.
Regarding management, I believe that you will e treated the way you treat people and therefore I had and have no problems with any of my management thus far.
I cannot complain about my co-workers we get on like a house on fire and a very productive team.
The hardest part of the job would be myself, as I tend to over-think things a lot, as I regard myself as being a perfectionist.
The most enjoyable part of the day is knowing that I am going to see my colleagues and I can also crack myself up for the queries that I deal with on a daily basis.
Pros
Medical Aid, Pension Fund, Over-Time, Bonus and Savings
Cons
Salaries does not match the high intensity work that we do