Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 27 reviews matching the search See all 1 332 reviews
Fast paced
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape24 October 2019
Good company to work for it pay well. It is Monday to Friday no public holidays. It is a good call centre to work and working environments is good. I can for this company anytime.
5,0
worksites,friendly to our clients stop order markets ,honestly , outings to motivate , team work entertainment .
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Western Cape4 August 2019
team work
entertainment
good management
Productive, Fun and Motivation
inbound customer service Agent (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape19 March 2019
Old Mutual is one of the best companies that i have worked in so far, the very professional in times of work performed , meeting targets and time management. However they treat their employee's very well and they provide great career opportunities and career advice .They have great employee benefits and the treat all employee's equally.
3,0
The environment is chilled and very busy. I have learnt so much about transactional banking and importance of customer confidentiality. Their culture
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Old Mutual Pinelands20 February 2019
Financial/Interest focused . It’s a great company to work for except that the management in our department make me feel like I’m working for a different company, team spirit is not there but we had limitations to our fun days. People are being macro managed most times but we try to make the best of our long hours.
Pros
Cons
No growth
Service Consultant
Client Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bellville South, Western Cape6 June 2018
Maintains relationships with relevant departments within OMSA
Builds and maintains relationships with intermediaries and brokers
Manages customer relationships in person or telephonically
Adheres to business, process and compliance rules
Performs quality checks on own work
Adheres to service and quality standards
1,0
Fun working environment
This company doesnt have much growth they have rotational shifts and dont provide a good salary they also dont have any culture bad management who discriminates against others
Pros
Staff party end of year function
Cons
Bad salary
fun, growth and support.
client service consultant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape8 February 2018
Old Mutual is safe and secured workplace
It is a fun and team based environment.
management has great relationship with staff.

Lots to learn with great support
Pros
cool enviroment
Cons
pressure
5,0
fun to work with professional team and management
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rrichards10 November 2017
A company that invest in its staff , training and support, good benefits
but limited growth opportunities.

Innovative you learn about other division, they emphasis team work
Pros
stable company and professionalism is a daily bread
Cons
limited career growth
Productive yet relaxed
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Pinelands, Western Cape4 October 2017
A typical day at Old mutual would consist of an extremely busy day giving clients the best service you can, with management assisting you in every way possible in making that you become the best version of yourself.
Pros
People wanting you to grow.
Cons
People that refuse to think for themselves
5,0
A great company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  City of Cape Town, Western Cape14 September 2017
Taking many inbound calls daily, following up on clients, also helping management in solving 'hard cases'. Old Mutual is one of the largest insurance companies in South Africa and also on the London Stock Exchange allowing personnel to acquire stocks. Old Mutual also has multiple sport clubs for it's employees.
Pros
Work satisfaction in working with such a dynamic insurance company; Great sports clubs for employees
Cons
fast daily work pace
5,0
Stretches your potential in a great way
Customer service clerk (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng30 August 2017
Salary is not so good and recognition for salary review is non existent despite proof that you are a hard worker. I was a consultant and earned bonuses, retained policies in books for a long period and yet when time arrived to review my salary as agreed it never happened...
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
No good support structure from management
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Administrator / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pinelands, Western Cape12 April 2017
- A typical day of work for me included verifying client banking details and processing of payments

- Management is great, very friendly and eager to assist

- Old Mutual is such a diverse workplace and very enjoyable to interact with workers of different cultures and beliefs
Pros
Has everything at your fingertips (stores, OM Pinelands)
2,0
Very structured and organised company with many benefits
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Pinelands, Western Cape12 March 2017
Very unorganised. Too Disciplined. Too Strict. No place for freedom. Harsh management styles. Heavy workload with unclear processes. Unhappy work enviroment. No development training.
Benefits
Cons
Shifts
4,0
fun and wekk looked after
Client Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape8 January 2017
I pleasure to work at company really looked after the workers. was always busy real opportunity to grow in company with hard work.
Productive workplace
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape10 December 2016
Old Mutual is all about treating customers fairly. The drive mutualites have to provide is brilliant. This is something I will carry with me throughout my working career.
Pros
Amazing People
Cons
Call center
3,0
productive and fun place to work for.
Client Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town7 November 2016
The best thing about working there is the people. They are very friendly and helpful. They make you feel at home the very first day you arrive.
Pros
frees lunches
Cons
too stressful
5,0
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng14 September 2016
I have learned a lot especially about client services. challenges relating to customer queries, how to work under pressure and how to deal with difficult situations
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Working on sundays
5,0
productive fun and very informational
Client Services Consultant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng17 July 2016
Good working environment, very energised ,funb to hang around, professional at all times, respective , the company thought me more good customer service and servicing clients on how to communicate with them professionally and dealing with work pressure especially on reaching daily targets and pushing beyond boundaries especially in making sure that clients care happy and assisted at all time ,time management and well grooming in respecting other people not only as clients ,but also as family in understanding their needs at all times and .asking sure you deliver good service.
Pros
free lunches
productive and informational
Client Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edenvale, Gauteng17 July 2016
Good working conditions and friendly to work around ,formal workplace ,professional at all times ,good relationship with clients abd always at the companies values and culture of working really enjoyed working .
Pros
Cons
normal office hours + overtime
5,0
Productve and enjoyable place to work for
client services consultant (Former Employee) –  BIZANA, KwaZulu-Natal4 February 2016
very enjoyable and place to work with as I used to deal with people with lot of experience gained

The company has thought me more of being responsible and confidential of my own work and be accurate as possible as lot were dealing with clients profiles and monies(policies), I have gained more interest of working as client services consultant since it got me so close with different kind of people and have leant on how to treat and understand those those individuals.