Old Mutual Life Assurance Company

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Pay & Benefits reviews: Financial Consultant

Financial Consultant59 reviews
South Africa59 reviews
peaceful
helping clients with loan applications and policy quiries for payments and helping clients with new account applications and showing them how the cards works and benefits of the card
1,0
Bad pay
Bad pay and poor commision structure, you get overworked in branches and all management care about is their own pocket so they drive you to hit your targets but they get more commision than you....but the main problem is the salary... its horrible
5,0
Old Mutual is a good company
I had a good working experience and you get to make you salary, receive good coaching. The thing I did not like is the fact that I had do debt collections and assisted clients with taking new loans and do the admin work while on the other hand you have to service policy clients and open banking accounts, sell car insurance, debt counseling and loan insurances. However I feel it taught me. toto be am
Productive work place
Its up to you to create your own sales so that you can get the salary that meet your needs and you have to be prepared to working overtime and long hours.
Pros
You have pension funds
Cons
You have to work 24/7 to boost your sales.
1,0
Omf Financial consultant
When I started at Old Mutual finance, I was just working for a salary. But then as the time goes by a passion developed. I loved my job a lot, except for the bad treatment I was receiving from my Branch manager. She would make me sign a couching whenever I made a meeting. She made me feel so small and useless. She was even bad mouthing me on my colleagues.
Hardworking but beneficial
Old Mutual Finance is a good company to work for has lots of benefits and opportunity for growth is wide. You are recognized for performing well and are given appraisal.
Pros
Growth opportunity
Fun workplace
• Servicing Clients that come into the branch
• Assist clients with getting a loan

• Collection of Missed loan repayments.

• Cold Calling Clients

Hardest part was getting clients to pay back loans.
Pros
Basic Salary
Cons
Trainings which included travelling
5,0
Productive,disciplined and a hard worker
I have good interpersonal skills,a team player and can also work individually. Adapts very well into any work environment and I'm also outgoing and loves travelling.
Pros
Travelling allowance
Cons
Working weekends
4,0
nice company to work for
Old mutual finance is the nice company to work for.
It has Good benefits
I stopped working there because the income was too small compared to what I was getting on my job prior them therefore it was difficult for me to manage and maintain my monthly expenses.
Pros
incentives on a job well done
3,0
no incentives
Customer services
I learnt how to process claims

Management was okay

Hard workers always motivated

Selling loans to people that dont qualify

Training is in Cape Town
Pros
Normal hours
Cons
Comission too low
Fun company to work for
I have gained a lot of experience at OMF,you are guided to your dreams.There is an everday start up meeting to empower employees and to discuss the strategies to tacle the day.The HO guides reach out to everyone by sending motivating qoutes that are read on start up meetings.I have learned to be responsible and accountable.I treat clients with respect and Ubuntu.OMF gives you an opportunity to grow and they recognise one's hard work.
Pros
Earn Incentive Bonus
Cons
Little Benefits
Financial Consultant
typical day would be meeting in the Morning for the daily plan, cold calling, servicing clients on the floor, administration and loan applications.

to treat everyone the same with respect , how to deal with different types of people of all races and age. and time management

management was kind, respecting and helpful

co-workers gave a true meaning to the word team

hardest part, was when you had to try and assist your level best for a client that desperately needs a loan and don't qualify, that was bad for me as a consultant and unfortunate or the client

closing a sale and servicing every client efficiently. and to see that client smile at you at the end and thanking you for the good service. was always fulfilling
Pros
Company benefits and Commision
Cons
Working Weekends
5,0
what fun about my job was when the client jump the line
we were daling with loan
i have learned to serve customers in a meaner way

manage was good because they were helping me were i was lacking

co -workers we were a good term and working together to archieve target of the company

the hardest part was when the application take time at affordability and the client thinks i dont want to help

njoyable was when the client get everything he need at the right time
Pros
no free lunch may if did well for the ay
Cons
i was working from 9am to 5pm
3,0
Productive and diverse work place
Typical day at work: Fun, competitive, target orientated, dealing with clients, living by their values.

Learnt: Efficiency while having fun at work, self motivation, communication skills, addressing and dealing with clients effectively, team work, multi-tasking, individual effort ensures that the team achieves as a whole (pulling together)

Management: A relaxed atmosphere, manager shares the same space as junior staff which allows proper monitoring and better understanding of challenges faced by staff remembers.

Co-workers: supportive, goal orientated, working together towards a common goal, fun, respect each other, Ubuntu.

Hardest part: Balancing between sales, collections, records management(admin)

Most enjoyable: Marketing, conducting presentations, going out to clients, understanding the needs of clients.
Pros
Incetives
Cons
Salary based upon achievements of set targets
5,0
it was nice working for old mutual finance
*Wednesday morning meeting was taking my time because it was my time to work or assist my client.
*i learned a lot never undermine a person and nothing is imposable.

*my management was good helping us to earn our bonuses.

*i wish to work with them again we were having a very good team work.

*when it comes to bonus structure was hard because i was doing a lot of loans but the structure for me it was not good

*when I'm earning my bonus
Pros
yep free lunch was there and good
Cons
we were use to work long hours
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Mutual Life Assurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.
Based on 1 422 reviews