Old Mutual Life Assurance Company

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews for Financial Planner

Found 13 reviews matching the search See all 1 371 reviews
Managerial structure oases confidence
Financial Planner (Former Employee) –  Limpopo26 November 2018
I found a home in Old mutual and i didnt have to fit for fitting in,so i made friendship and made good business.it was so easy to work with people who know how to go about the on boarding process.
Good Start
PERSONAL FINANCIAL PLANNER (Former Employee) –  South Africa25 February 2018
Good place to start my career and was good but the commission split and management support not on the same level as at Nedbank. Was grateful could at least learn here
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Salary/ Commission not great
5,0
excellent place to work at fun and games
financial advisor/planner (Current Employee) –  cape town26 May 2017
Always busy searching for something new, I've learned a lot from this company as it made me the FA I am today and looking to soar to new heights.
Management is excellent no complaints
Culture at work is great work ethics always on point
Sales are sometimes up and down but with a great support structure, eg leads clients and encouragement could be better.
Managing my own time interacting with different people on a daily basis and learning new things all the time, and also determining your income.
Pros
training only
Cons
smoke breaks only
3,0
Learning and training is excellent
Financial Planner (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal27 February 2017
Good place to learn about the industry and gain valuable knowledge. Liase with clients.Provide investment advice to clients about the many different financial products and how it can improve their live.
Provide life insurance advice to clients about the many different financial products and how it can improve their lives.
Pros
Many training events
Cons
Targets to meet
Fun Place and Productive
Financial Planner (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng2 February 2017
Most times we are not in the office as we setup appointments on Friday for the whole week.

I learned time management is crucial in the business and how to interact with people from different ethnicity.

The hardest part of the job was having to compromise on family time to see clients after hours then you end up feeling as if youre neglecting your children's homework and the child having to sleep late you come home late everyday

I enjoyed the fruits of my handwork and working with people
Pros
Managing yourself
Cons
working hours
3,0
Productive and pleasant work environment.
Financial Planner (Former Employee) –  Waterfall business park Boksburg27 July 2016
I'm an intelligent woman who is always dedicated on taking up her duties. I'm a strong woman who doesn't break down easily by rejections,especially with clients. I set my own goals,I don't rely on my line manager fully to tell me what I want,I believe my line manager is available to guide me not hold me by hand. In this kind of business I believe is running my own company.
Pros
Incentives
fun
financial planner (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WC15 August 2015
My day starts by checking my emails, then attending to client queries well as reviewing there financial portfolio. to see if at retirement that
they are well provided for in terms of income.
Pros
great rewards at the end of the day
Cons
hard work
holding meetings more 6 hours
FINANCIAL PLANNER (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, GP18 March 2015
I have learn to be accountable, ,go beyond boundaries ,to respect other human beings and their culture , transparent, carry my brand everywhere go , loyal and trustworthy
Pros
presntations and team buildings
Cons
work over weekends to reach my targerts
productive
FINANCIAL ADVISOR AND PLANNER (Current Employee) –  Polokwane, LP26 January 2015
productive,hectic and good
busy and if you are not in to sales you wont make it
5,0
A very supportive productive fun place to be
Financial Planner (Current Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg, ZN22 October 2014
My Day starts with prayer at my office ,greetings ,phone calls and confirmation of appointments for the day. Then client interaction.Everyday I learn something different as I meet different people everyday. Management is so supportive and eveready to help make us the best that we can be as long as we do our part.My co workers are very professional and fun loving people also very willing to share ideas on how we can do things better.The hardest part of the job is when I have to tell a client his or her policy Declined due to health reasons.The most enjoyable part is when we paying out a cliam to a client.
Pros
You work your own time and write your own cheque
Cons
You work abnormal hours and somtimes suffer major loss in income due to lapses
Job security
Financial Planner/advisor (Current Employee) –  Paarl, WC3 June 2014
The job is very tough and if you don't put in you will not get much out. There is negatives and positives though. The negatives is that targets get pushed up witch means you need to go see more clients and put in more money witch is very little because the salary don't go up it stay the same while food and petrol goes up and makes life more expensive than the year before. The positives is that because your salary is so little it push and motivates you to work harder and put in more to be successful so at the end of the day with a higher target you will earn more. But other than that I have had a lot of success of my own and through the hard work I have put in I have reached goals I have thought ill never reach by putting in time and money to make myself and business grow and move forward.
Pros
own working hours
Cons
High targets
Enjoyable and a lot to learn. Good Learning environment
Financial Planner (Investments and Insurance) (Current Employee) –  Sandton, GP13 August 2013
Contacting clients and setting up meetings is the first thing on a working day. Leave office and go see 3 clients a day. Working with targets that must be reached by Friday. On my own i have to assess the risk of any assurance taken to abreast myself for my future actuarial career.

Submit all signed business to management for approval. Co workers help each other when it comes to decision on which funds to put a client's funds. So team work is major in our job.

The hardest part of the job is prospecting. I have to be in many networking programs like gym, golf club, tennis club, dance club and church, This is very expensive to maintain but helps in getting business.

Most Enjoyable part of my job is that there is a lot of time for me to study that time when I have no appointments to see.
Pros
Good employee benefits
Cons
No growth academic wise