Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews for Human Resources Specialist

Found 5 reviews matching the search See all 1 374 reviews
3,0
Very demanding
HR PRACTITIONER (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape17 April 2018
I enjoy working with people and I think that is the main highlight of my current job.
Hard part is working with employees who are not fair and that favoritism lay a big role in this business.
Pros
Presenting to employees
Cons
demanding
4,0
Great Place to Work, doing great things.
HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pinelands, Western Cape13 October 2016
Business as usual are high performance and culture oriented. great focus on development and growth. great opportunities. The one company where you can be hired to retire.
Pros
Great developmental oppertunities
Cons
Deliver on deadlines, what ever it takes
5,0
The working environment is conducive for any person
HR Administartor (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WC14 October 2015
Everyone is friendly, we know how to work together, but sometimes we have disagreements on certain things. With good conflict resolution styles we manage to resolve such disagreements.

I've learnt a lot at Old Mutual. I learnt about HR processes. There's no hardest part in this job, i enjoy it
Pros
We get prizes for outstanding work
Cons
I hardly go on lunch
3,0
Broadning
HR Admistrator (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, EC2 September 2013
This position has taught me that you only know your capabilities and abilities when challenges arises, and the your attitude toward those challenges defines your competence as a worker.

Most people that i have worked with that are in management have taught me so much about values and ethics in the workplace, they have been insiparitional and this one manager constantly advising me about school and the importance of education.

Like any other work place, you do get co-workers that are easy to work with and you do get those that are not easy to work with however, I dont take it personally as long as I know wat I'm here for.

The Hardest part of my job is having to reject candidates that were not successful in interviews and who are desperate for the job.

The most enjoyable part of my job is having to let candidates know that their interviews has been a success and that they have been appointed.
Pros
Flying to Cape Town for Year End function
Cons
Having to reject desperate people that were not successful in interviews