Old Mutual Life Assurance Company

Relaxed
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng16 October 2019
At Old Mutual I schedule appointments,
do administrative work,
Do telesale and follow up meetings, marketing,
Answer calls
Assist in formal meetings
5,0
yes it a productive and fun working place
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga15 August 2019
I personally find working with Old Mutual interesting we get to meet different people and get to learn how to talk and treat people with their different personality. the hardest part of the job to chase clients, we do lots of training every month to learn a lot about our products and how to treat clients.
Pros
when we reach our target we do get free luch
Productive and challenging
PERSONAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Alberton, JHB2 May 2019
Very challenging and a lot of pressure. Needs you to constantly be ready to work and meet deadlines. You need to know what you want as a person but most importantly, enjoy the sales environment .
Pros
Compensation
Cons
unpredictable hours
Very Productive and Good environment
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, KwaZulu-Natal26 March 2019
OldmutualPfa was the best Company, almost in every thing because it where by you tend to meet new different people each day. And it was very great job
Pros
51 Clubs everyfriday
Cons
Difficult clients sometimes
Productive and fun
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Engcobo, Eastern Cape5 March 2019
The excitement of reaching the targets. Clients claims being successful. Meeting new people and making new contacts everyday. The drive to be accurate at all times.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No cons
Nice work environment
Personal Assistant to Manager (Former Employee) –  Musgrave, KwaZulu-Natal24 January 2019
Follow up on appointments, attend to call and mails. Managing both brokers diaries. Welcoming clients and managing a filling system.
Management was great, good people to associate with and learn more about the company and the people working there
Pros
Long lunch
Cons
A few out of town meetings
Great work place
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng18 April 2018
I was employed at Old Mutual under one of the Development Managers. I was very junior and inexperienced when I started but I grew into it and did extremely well.
Fun environmnent
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Durban North, KwaZulu-Natal15 January 2018
it is a very complicated workplace, but I learnt a lot more especially because I think I was willing to learn more. their management is okay especially our manager he is very friendly and makes things easier for all of us. the clients does give us hard time but it very nice meeting new people form different races and know how they live and deal with different situations.
Emplyers vs Employees
Executive Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Klerksdorp PFA13 September 2017
As a PA/Receptionist for the past several years, working in mosly the same kind of industry I have found that as a PA ,you are not realy appreciated for what you do and what you contribute to the insurance business.
Pros
working nice hours from 8:00 till 16:30
Cons
The workload doesnt correspond with the salary.
productivity
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  East London, Eastern Cape26 June 2017
You need to be a hard work and honest person be able to work under pressure and be frindly and kind. Love the position you are in inorder to succeed all the time
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
pressure
Productive and challenging workplace
PA (Former Employee) –  Soweto Jabulani Old Mutual29 April 2017
Old mutual is a good place to work and gain more experience.I learned more office skills and work.time management is very important at office work too
Pros
Free breakfast sometimes
Cons
middle hours
5,0
productive and enjoyable work place
personal assistant (Current Employee) –  Gauteng10 April 2017
I enjoy my work and the workplace, the only reason I am seeking other employment is the salary is not enough. at the moment I am working for 2 advisers at Old Mutual
Pros
will give you days off to work form home
Cons
not earning enough
4,0
Old Mutual is a productive work place. I enjoy the work and people.
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape13 March 2017
Management at Old Mutual is super. I enjoy going to work daily. Typical day starts with drawing of statistics, etc.

The workplace is recommended to any person,
Pros
Good environment to work in
Cons
No permanent position
fun working place
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dundee, KwaZulu-Natal20 January 2017
answering calls faxing do filling

Typing of correspondence & general emails.

Capturing of timesheets & disbursements.

Generating of invoices & fee notes.

Switchboard / Reception relief.

General administration.

Ms Word & Excel Skills.
3,0
Personal Assistant under Senior FA (Current Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng19 January 2017
I have learned to manage my time well as I started working as a Financial Advisor and working under pressure making sure that I deliver to the best of my ability by pushing beyond boundaries making sure that I reach my targets.
Team leading as my manager always gave us weekly tasks to assist other team members and making sure that they are meeting what is expected of them.
Discipline as our job was flexible but at the same time we had to make sure that our time we spend wisely. Compliance is critical as we had to make sure clients provide necessary documents and we have to build a healthy relationship with our clients and giving proper advise disclosing every information that is relevant to the clients.
Mentoring from established advisors training to make sure that we are competent in front of our clients and confident, making sure that we know our products.
Pros
Team Buildings. Training
Cons
Too many meetings.
Productive enviroment
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jabulani, Gauteng12 January 2017
A typical day at Old Mutual was often a productive one because the environment motivates you to do better. The staff was very friendly and warm which made it easier to be more comfortable.

I learned a lot about admin work as in sorting out files, how to organise the diary, set appointments, how to do your basic filling, scanning and making appointments.

The management always motivated us to do better, strict but friendly too. So work was always delivered on time.

My co-workers were hard working and always meeting targets.

The hardest part of my Job was communicating with clients in their different languages.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different kinds of people and learning more about the company.
Pros
Team Building activities
Cons
Long Hours
great environment to work
personal assistant (Current Employee) –  Fourways, Gauteng21 November 2016
fun,assisting clients with enquiries, building a secure environment for client to feel helped and come back. working for Pfa is very challenging and you need to have a eye for potential business and assisting clients to your outmost best
Pros
appreciation to the staff
Cons
working on weekends
Personal Assistance (Current Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng9 September 2016
always dealing with clients.
learned the importance of how to manage your financial objectives and the importance of taking care of yourself and loved ones( death, education PLAN, retirement annuity, etc.)
Fun place
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Klerksdorp13 August 2016
Welknown company. Well driven management. Good training and development courses. Good support structure. The more you put in the more you will get out. Work with minimal supervision.
Pros
flexi business hours
Cons
Commision only
Great Place to work
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng7 July 2016
I have loved working at Old Mutual. I have flexible hours and reporting to an amazing manager. I love working for her and with her team as well, they are a great group of people. Amazing work colleagues. Never once in the almost 2 years at OM have I dreaded going to work.

The culture at OM is great. There is definitely room for improvement especially on salaries, but I have no regrets about having made the choice to leave my previous employer to join OM and leaving was one of the most difficult decision I have ever had to make. But I had a better offer (moneywise and growth wise) from other company.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No growth and though salaries are fair, they could do better