Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews for Sales Consultant

Found 40 reviews matching the search See all 1 337 reviews
Sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Pinelands, Western Cape20 March 2019
Good company to work at. Difficulty becoming a permanent employee depending on the department, great company to learn about the industry, especially if you want to know more about the industry.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Each person's to work really hard for his or her own incentive
2,0
productive and fun enviroment
Outbound Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Western Cape mutual18 February 2019
i was super happy, their top agent, a very profesional and friendly enviroment to work with.

i admired the people the business and the eagerness to succed in life
Pros
super good enviroment and people
Cons
long hours to rich team target
3,0
Medical aid expensive salary too little
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng11 September 2018
I realized that I can’t work Saturdays and holidays anymore since Iam a mother of 3 kids and a wife those hrs belongs to my family especially for the money that I get payed it’s not acceptable.so that’s why I need to change jobs plus school is expensive
Pros
I have 1hrs lunch
Cons
I work 8hrs per day
productive
Sales Consultant (out bound) (Former Employee) –  Pinelands, Western Cape1 July 2018
It was fun working at old mutual the team and my manager were great,we sometimes have our morning meeting addressing matters on our team and how can we do better everyday in terms of target and issue better business.

I have learned time management is the best because you are to chase your targets you have no tie to waste.
management is got a great life style.

my team mates are great people to work with.

The hardest part of the job is when you are not getting any clients to buy the products, or when they clients are cancelling so meaning no money for you.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you have issued a lot of business and your clients have paid a lot, so meaning lot of money coming into your bank account.
Pros
can determine your salary before you even get paid
5,0
Sales Consultant (Retention) (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape17 June 2018
This is a very productive and pressured environment as there are targets to meet. It is also fun there would be staff parties to try to distress the teams and awards to acknowledge their hard working.
Pros
Free lunches and award ceremonies
fun work place
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mpumalanga, KwaZulu-Natal29 May 2018
was working as a consultant where had to give clients loans ,servicing clients on their policies,referring clients who have shortfall on their policies to the advisers,I have learnt a lot when seeing clients struggles also noticed that for old mutual having door to door branches is a good thing for clients , enjoyed engage with so many people get to understand more of problems which benefits our industry. hardest part was then a client wants a loan and she o he do not qualify which makes a client feel bad as well my self feel bad because my performance has been rated according to how many loans issued on the monthly basis, so loved the company business ethics .
Pros
free lunch
Productive and fun
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  malmesbury25 April 2018
Old mutual was my first job. It has taught me a lot . We worked like a family and helped each other where we could . Till this day I use some of the guidelines I have learnt there.
Pros
lunch when targets has been made.
Cons
long hours sometimes.
fun workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Eastern Cape13 April 2018
it the company that is taking care of their employee and also a well orgernised compay the company also take their staff to sales confrences. they also motivate staff
Pros
stapp appreciation e.g lunch and certificates
Cons
normal working hours
Productive and Fun
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pinelands, Western Cape29 March 2018
Facilitate the skills audit process/ Identify training needs. Compile branch’s workplace skills plan and annual training report. Organise and coordinate skills programme. Mentor and train sales staff to ensure that sales targets are met. By ensuring that compliance requirements are adhered to and deals with non-compliance issues pro-actively. Manage employee health and wellness
Benefits
Cons
hours
5,0
Great employer love the benefits but growth is limited since head office is in cape Town
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kempton Park, Gauteng19 March 2018
The environment is very great love the culture and values very little room to grow since head office is in cape Town but it's very great place to learn and explore
Pros
Free uniform for starters and free books for kids if one
Cons
Strictly business hours
5,0
It was healthy and clean environment, helping each other and on fridays we would go out as advisors and have fun.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, Western Cape15 March 2018
The company would take us out when the team consistency made our targets, sometimes we had our Monday meetings in Parliament which was the most memorable.
Pros
When we made our targets for previouse week then monday they would make breakfast Coffee and muffins
Cons
Yes they would let us work long only if we were nowhere near reaching our target.
target
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Northern Cape26 February 2018
We as the branch, individual and province we had a daily target that we had to reach on a daily route, if not you had to explained to your area manager why was it not reached monthly.
Pros
to get offs once target has been exceeded
Cons
presentations after work and marketing
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape12 January 2018
Fun place to work at with friendly people. The building has all the necessary outlets that a person can need including post office and nedbank and Mtn store.
Pros
Free hot chocolate
Cons
transport to get to work is not reliable
2,0
Very challenging
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Eastern Cape18 December 2017
As an employee who believes that success comes through hard work , l find positive affirmation and challenge in an environment that forces teamwork , constant skills renewal and excellence in putting people at first .
I am a keen to undergo any training and development that may be an offered so as to explore and develop my career .
Pros
Taxi fair
5,0
challenging and good benefits, good company to be with.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape10 December 2017
Its a good company to work for, I enjoyed myself working with them, you always challenged and can grow according to your desire for success, I would advise them to anyone interested.
Pros
Basic 9-5pm job, excellent value
Cons
Targets are important
extremely driven
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape22 November 2017
Extremely and highly target driven environment, its also highly productive and forces you to think out the box and as well as build relationships with clients
4,0
Productive and fun working place.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal7 November 2017
I enjoyed working for Old Mutual and it is a well known company so it was easy for me to approach the clients. I'm grateful to Old Mutual for the opportunity to be part of the company.
Sales
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng17 August 2017
Inbound and outbound sales for short term insurance .U learn more about different client that are always looking for a need to insure their valuables.
Pros
Incentive when target is meet
Cons
No long hours
Prospecting ,presentations ,selling and servicing
Relationship Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle Kzn13 May 2017
One day I did confirm the appointment with client before leaving my town to travel about 200 km to meet the client.The client confirm and than I drove to see.All of a sudden client was unavailable.I learned that if travelling long distance I must keep in touch with client so that I won waste company`s mine also to try and make more appointments with differents clients in one area.

I use to manage my job because my superior was away from my town.The main office was in Durban.I was working in an office and out of office to see clients.
Hardest part of my job was to get burial societies in rural and urban areas because when you asked people they do not want to give information.

Most enjoyable part of the job was if you work smart and hard you do get rewards such as bonus.
Pros
They give car allowance and Cell phone allowance
Cons
Traveling long distance
3,0
Productive and teaches you how to be self disciplined
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town Pinelands23 April 2017
I am a sales consultant which means that my job description is to engage with clients through outbound calls.Deals with clients in adherence to procedural,productivity and quality standards.assist clients and finalise call at point of contact where possible.
Pros
Get a lot of insensitives
Cons
Normal hours that might escalate to long hours