Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Found 21 reviews matching the search See all 1 337 reviews
2,0
Working for Oldmutual was so stressful to me. I never wanna go back. I worked as a sales agent at RMM. Management sucks.
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape15 November 2019
I remember when one of my colleagues sweared at me and I reported the matter to my manager who just said I must adapt and stop being so soft, this is sales. There's no professionalism at all. Target is high but the commission is little. I used to cry every morning before going to work, beause I never wanted to see my abusive manager. If you looking for depression go do sales at Oldmutual.
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Mthatha, Eastern Cape4 May 2019
I had a great experience I have grown in many ways. I am looking forward on implementing the skills I have received from my previous experiences. the motivation I received from my previous employer was so amazing he would offer me a lift to go and see my clients. The incentives I was receiving were very good and they motivated me
Pros
Free transportation
fun work place
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Nelspruit, Mpumalanga11 July 2018
I learned how to communicate and build relationship with clients
I enjoyed my work because on the filed I'm my own boss and I can work when ever I like as long as I meet my target
Productive, fast pace environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng23 November 2017
Fast pace environment, competitive co-workers, challenging. had to be flexible and organised. good growth opportunities, great management structure. Fun co-workers and managers.
Pros
free snacks.
Cons
short breaks
4,0
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Empangeni, KwaZulu-Natal619 October 2017
Working for Old mutual was so interesting to me because i learned so much about marketing and to know every thing about the product you are selling. It was all fun
Pros
Awards
Cons
Target market
4,0
Reasonable and nice working environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kokstad, KwaZulu-Natal2 October 2017
The company is reasonable when it comes to paying sales representatives like me, who get payed on commission. Team work is encouraged between employees.
Benefits
Cons
No salary if no new clients are found
4,0
productive, stressful and fun at the same time
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal31 August 2017
I have been with the company for more than 4 years now. Its been interesting but sometimes very stressful because one should meet target every day, and do not consider your yesterday but now. If one didnt meet target you called up to account.
Pros
beautiful places for training and food
Cons
work sometimes on weekend to boost your sales (voluntarily)
productive
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng7 June 2017
morning meetings from 08H00 to 9H00
Phone and confirm appointments with clients
Print quotations and go out to appointment
come back to the office to process the business received on that da
3,0
productive ad challenging work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mmabatho, North West2 June 2017
Typical day work was cold calling looking for clients, whom you can visit and review their policies. Introduce them to new ones and ask referrals for new clients.

On Fridays we have a directorate meeting to see if the team has reached our weekly goal.

The hardest part of the job is convincing a client on how how he need the product your providing.

The most enjoyable part is reaching your goals.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
too much driving
Fun workplace
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Kwazulu natal8 May 2017
Working at old mutual was exciting, meeting new clients everyday. Presenting old mutual policies to people was not a struggle to me because everything about old mutual products was in my mind, bringing new client everyday and meeting target.
Pros
Day off
Cons
Meeting target
productive
Duties of an external sales (Former Employee) –  Gauteng5 April 2017
External sales is very challenging and demanding in that you had properly plan for two weeks work and you had to create and build relationship with prospects
5,0
Good
Sales (Former Employee) –  Kzn21 March 2017
Working with the company is good but you must push and work hard for the company to reward you.bonuses and the salary it good upgrading your standard they are good.
Pros
No time for free lunchs unless it a meeting
Cons
8 to 12hours
my experience
sales agent (Former Employee) –  Pinelands, Western Cape13 March 2017
working for old mutual was a exciting experience for me the brand it self it made me think of opportunity and growth , dress code was always a priority at old mutual but unfortunately the management was very poor , the com structure for me was very unreasonable and that made working there unbearable . but Old mutual is a good company but the department I was situated had a bad management structure
Pros
good team enviroment
Cons
bad management, no communicating skills with employees
Self motivating campany
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, KwaZulu-Natal3 January 2017
Working with old mutual has been a wonderful experience of my life, because selling policy and explaining to my clients was something I enjoyed the most
Pros
No free lunch only while we were still training
Cons
08 to 5
productive work place ever
sales agent (Former Employee) –  Pinelands, Western Cape15 April 2016
there are good and bad days of course,but I have learn many things and the company has well groomed me to a matured responsible person that I am today, old Mutual is a straight fowered company what you get out is what u put in man. management sucks at some point but you need to create a relationship that's all.
Pros
Food voucher
Cons
7pm
5,0
It was fun wirking for them and the incetives they gave me kept me going even more with sales.
Sales agent (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape23 February 2016
As I have worked for old mutual all I have seen there is loving and supporting people, they made me feel like I was home away from home I would even miss work during the weekend because of the kindness and support I have felt and got in that company.
networking and acquiring
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  richards bay18 March 2015
• To optimise opportunities to achieve sales and client services objectives aligned with the financial objectives of business unit.
• Keep abreast of competitor and Organisation sales campaigns, Strategies and marketing initiatives, by reading communications and attending session, focus on the relevant company events and counter offers to reach sales target.
• Position relevant company offering compared to industry offerings in order to retain and grow existing/potential client base.
• Analyse relevant sales and other reports to identify cross sales opportunities within client base, contact clients and recommend relevant cross product / service to increase sales.
• All Short term deposit, Long term Deposit, LTI Category C, Short term insurance, LTI category B
Fun workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Benoni, GP3 July 2014
I learned to work hard and individually.
To have good management skills
The hardest thing was to have your oen leads
The enjoyable part was meeting different people everyday.
Pros
Outings
productive,fun and results driven
sales agent specialist (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, WC24 September 2013
i have always been able to over exceed as i have a natural ability to sell and close a deal no matter the product no matter the brand i have a proven excellent track record
Pros
incentives and vouchers
sales rep
sales rep (Former Employee) –  port elizabeth1 February 2013
this i s a good company ,manegemant skills,professional .....

i enjoy working @old mutual .salary i good
the hardest part is to get lives
Pros
s&t
Cons
working around the clock