Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews for Team Leader

Found 3 reviews matching the search See all 1 330 reviews
5,0
Great Managment and Client Centric
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Pinelands, WC6 May 2015
Always putting the customer first
Old Mutual give alot of oppertunities for Staff to upskill in various fields
Management assist Staff to reach for better things and Acknowledge and recognise staff.
Co-workers are just as possitive and dedicated to deliver on service.
To reach targets due to depent on Customers to sent the relevant documents and getting in contact with the Beneficiaries.
Getting cases completed by delivering exceptional service
Pros
Great place to work for if you are pasionate to deliver great service
Cons
Wish it was closer to home - Traveling to work not a great experience
4,0
Challenging , educational and fun
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  WC11 July 2013
When I get to work in the mornings I have duties that I need to complete by a certain time on a daily basis. First thing in the morning I check my emails and prioritize accordingly and for any scheduled meetings and prepare if need to. The second thing that I do is Attendance Manager I complete it by also checking Avaya (using Tracking) for any planned leave and also checking my cell phone for any notifications from staff regarding their absence from work. While I am doing that I also report to the bridge so that it can help with the day’s planning by scheduling the breaks and lunches to accommodate the absenteeism.
Once that is done I send out the previous day’s performance statistics to the team via email. The purpose of doing that is for the team to see where we are and find ways to manage our performance, we also communicate the daily planned activities and announcements are also done on this email.
Authorising email/faxes scorecards on Avaya is something I do daily, however I need to first verify the information on the notes if indeed is valid before I can authorise time. I have found that is important to this on a daily basis as it has an impact on team’s Time Usage. While I am doing the authorising of the in adherences on Avaya, if there’s a need I call staff and show the Tracking and educate them on the importance of following their schedules accordingly and I explain the implications of the in adherences and late coming and having to document our conversations with those staff.

People Management related issues
This has been my biggest challenge in this role,
  more... to help me perform this function; I attended few courses at the Business School.

I am in a recognition team, so oragnising events such as team building functions, end year functions is what I enjoy doing. Providing entertainment to help staff to relax, revive their spirits and thus having a happy workforce gives me joy.
Pros
Talking
Cons
irate clients