Old Mutual Life Assurance Company

Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Review

View all Old Mutual Life Assurance Company reviews

Its just a means to the end
Senior Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape26 March 2019
My typical day at the office starts very early I am at the office from 7am-5:30pm. I come to my desk sit and then hardly move unless its to go to the ladies or make coffee.

I have learned that with certain positions peoples "power" go to there heads.

I have been employed at Old Mutual for 5 years now and management has changed so many times there was a point in time I had no idea who I was supposed to report to,

Workplace culture: not very satisfying.

The hardest thing about my job is that there is no fixed process and procedure due to this I cannot function optimally. Also to many changes
Pros
Sometimes we receive little gifts in the form of free lunch vouchers and little care packages.
Cons
No structure in my team.

Other Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews

Productive and challenging
Fund Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pinelands, Western Cape16 February 2020
Many objective and little time to achieve. Precise planning required each day. A collaborate effectively with other staff/ departments. learning experiences about the pension fund act and the financial sector. Learnt about the new policies such as Money laundering, TCF and PPI.
Management are always looking to safe cost and practice LEAN principles and exercise authority when required. The culture is generally a productive, fun and self management culture.
The hard part of the job is to perform multiple tasks of other ex-employees without extra remuneration.
The best part of the job is to work hard, catch up with your work and to be rewarded with a nomination and cash incentives.
Experimental,productive and fruitful
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eastern Cape14 February 2020
Working at Old Mutual was a great opportunity to me I was fortunately have to work with a very successful Financial adviser here at Mtata Mr Matyala.