Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews

Found 1 150 reviews matching the search See all 1 330 reviews
5,0
Old mutual is a big financial institution
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng14 October 2019
Since I have started working at old mutual company I have learned a lot to meet me people and places. Working at old mutual I have learned to be patient, to listen to people not to judge.
Great leadership
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Kempton Park, Gauteng13 October 2019
My personal experience was very competitive and fun. Everyone was treated equally. They have a great culture. I felt as though my talents were not matched as to my offerings.
5,0
Good company to work for
Personal Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng10 October 2019
Worked for old mutual for a shirt period,, the culture is very professional, workers get training and they get to be equipped in a professional manner great opportunities as well for growth and development
nice stable culture
senior administration specilaist (Former Employee) –  Pinelands, Western Cape8 October 2019
extremely fun place to work, theres always something on the go be it for any major event happening in the world or just old mutuals world.

Great sporting facilities with a mall built into the business premesis, one doesnt need to leave, not sure if thats good or bad.
3,0
Time for family very limited as one works 6 days per week starting from 8 till 6pm.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape7 October 2019
Managing staff and sell loans to community that is not affording to pay the money back. having to sell to an area where people are not employed and un-employment rate that is very high. This put stress to my staff as sales were not easy to do.
5,0
i've gained a lot of experience
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape6 October 2019
i have learnt a lot at old mutual, i have learn so many skills such as interacting with clients. the management was nice to us. i have enjoyed working at old mutual and i have gained a lot of experience.
fun work place
Functional Analyst/BA (Current Employee) –  Pinelands, Western Cape6 October 2019
very convenient and nice to work at

meeting rooms are well set up

corporate culture is good

always caters for halaal emplyoyees

parking bays are well set up
Financial services
Helping clients with their financial needs and how to treat them fairly shows some respect and responsibility.

Being analytical, well organized and time management.
Culture is phenomenal
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape2 October 2019
The culture of the company is excellent, company itself is a good company to work for, but the growth is something the company should really look into as they would loose many potential workers
Pros
Working hours
Cons
Medical aid that's compulsory and high cost
4,0
Production and a good working enviroment with proper mamagement
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape1 October 2019
It is a greate country that accommodates everyone, the staff is good towards each other, management is always willing to hep and assist at any given time.
Great opportunity to grow
ESTABLISHED FINANCIAL ADVISER (Former Employee) –  Nelspruit, Mpumalanga1 October 2019
Incredible growth and income potential, able to work own hours with effective planning and growing your own client base. Learnability is key, and great Commission structures enable great income potential.
Lots of pressure and stressful environment.
3,0
You get out what you put in
Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape30 September 2019
The Financial Services Industry is a tough, competitive and selfish industry where the focus is on sales although the environment is highly regulated. Large corporations often promote from within and it is extremely difficult to move up in the company regardless of performance. If you are looking for earning potential then the insurance industry delivers but only if you are prepared to put in the long hours and years required to promote yourself and build yourself up in the industry.
Fun work place and Productive
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape25 September 2019
Productive, fun and stressfull at the same time. I have learned how to work under pressure and in a team. I have learned how to manage time, learned many ways of handling challenges, and leadership skills as well. The hardest part about the job is to meet the target and keeping your thousands of clients in your books. The enjoyable part are outings, the functions and team outings.
Pros
Free Lunches and SNT
Cons
Excellent company
Junior Business Project Manager/Project Support (Current Employee) –  Pinelands, Western Cape25 September 2019
Great overall but sometimes contractors are not looked after as well as permanent staff. Contractors are always neddibg to sort out their own training or courses or additional memberships.
Very good company
FINCIAL ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal23 September 2019
I worked very well in the company and got paid very well. In terms of upgrading it was 100%. Benefits were superb. Keep it up. I think the company should try give their employees better opportunities in top positions.
I was a consultant and motivated my team we were on number 1
Consultant / Advisor (Former Employee) –  Western Cape22 September 2019
I was a consultant for almost a year, I was doing great making sales and reaching targets, I was working on a team and we were always striving to be on top, was approached to become a team leader.
4,0
Great company as is very old and reliable.
Driver, client recruitment. (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal20 September 2019
Premium should grow with cover, improve cover benefits. Refund in consolation clients who contributed towards their respective cover and for some reason cannot proceed with premium contribution.
4,0
Responsibility,teamwork,time keeping and good communication skills
Sales Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kimberley, Northern Cape16 September 2019
Working at old mutual was a great responsibility i learned alot about being your own boss.dealing with claims and walk-in clients ,running your own office and answering to someone who was miles away was a great deal.
5,0
A very good company but can improve on management
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng16 September 2019
Good company with great values I have achieved alot by working for them financially and studying ,I have my re5 and have written in excess of 1500000 worth of sales in just 2 years , the goals set out isint impossible and targets are very achievable ,I have 3 cars all cash from working for the company
Good experience
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng14 September 2019
Sales skill and closing tips was the best lesson i had at the institution and team work. The benefits were the best too, relationship with people was the best