Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews

Found 1 150 reviews matching the search See all 1 330 reviews
5,0
yes it a productive and fun working place
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga15 August 2019
I personally find working with Old Mutual interesting we get to meet different people and get to learn how to talk and treat people with their different personality. the hardest part of the job to chase clients, we do lots of training every month to learn a lot about our products and how to treat clients.
Pros
when we reach our target we do get free luch
Balanced and challenging
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pinelands, Western Cape15 August 2019
Old Mutual was a challenging yet interesting environment to work for.
I had a contract role with them and therefore the period was to short for me to scope on the thorougness
3,0
got many activities to work with
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nelspruit, Mpumalanga14 August 2019
work well because of the brand old mutual on the market place
hard to get promotions do not have programs to develop people through their careers passions.
Pros
independent working at your own pace
Cons
difficults commission structure
Career developments
SALES OPERATIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Pinelands, Western Cape14 August 2019
Old Mutual is a good company to work for and they pride themselves on their Integrity and showing Ubuntu. They also focus on development of their leaders.
Culture has changed
Senior Product Specialist - Greenlight (Risk) (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg11 August 2019
Unfortunately the company has gone through some serious culture shifts in the last couple of years, it also received bad publicity lately with a CEO being fired. This was a great company to work for and won the Employer of the Year award in 2016 and 2017, unfortunately the culture shift under new management has brought about huge stress levels and job uncertainty.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No promotional opportunities.
Omf Financial consultant
Financial consultant (Former Employee) –  Omf Engcobo11 August 2019
When I started at Old Mutual finance, I was just working for a salary. But then as the time goes by a passion developed. I loved my job a lot, except for the bad treatment I was receiving from my Branch manager. She would make me sign a couching whenever I made a meeting. She made me feel so small and useless. She was even bad mouthing me on my colleagues.
Work and culture
Project - Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pinelands, Western Cape5 August 2019
Old Mutual is extremly a great company to work for. The cutlure is fantastic,the work is great. One builds good relationships with the clients and you learn something new each and everyday.

The room for growthand the sky is the limite when you work for such a grest company.

There's alot of team building initiatives, different learning plateforms etc...

OM is a great company to work for and gives many people from different backgrounds a plateform to begin their career paths.
Pros
Great culture and environment to work in
5,0
worksites,friendly to our clients stop order markets ,honestly , outings to motivate , team work entertainment .
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Western Cape4 August 2019
entertainment
good management
Very productive
BA (Former Employee) –  BA in Cape Town4 August 2019
I had the worst project manager. I loved my job but she had an issue with feedback.
She complained abt me for no reason.
I went to speak to HR about her. She swore at me in front of people because of an error I picked up and brought to her attention. She ignored and it caused problems
Pros
Good foundatiin
Cons
Long hours. Lack of respect
Its about product
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, KwaZulu-Natal31 July 2019
I used to go prospect client then go for sale .I was using laptop to capture clients information sometimes check the old policies for which help them to make informed decisions.
5,0
Great and very proffesional company
Not qualified rep (Current Employee) –  Prorom building26 July 2019
Client requisition and presentation was very typical to me and I was young , confuse and working with very much experienced people.

I learned to interact with new people

Not sure of management because I spent more time with the Representative as I was training.

Workplace culture, to be out in the field as always

Since we did not have basic salary ,commission was the hardest part to me because I was not an experienced employee by that time

I really enjoyed teamwork , I understood how to sell policies to clients,( life cover, funeral cover, education plan, investments and other) And it was actually the company that I dreamed of working for while I was still at school . I loved old mutual unfortunately I did not have the qualification to work as a full time Representative.

It is difficult for me to rate the company because I worked under a Broker
Pros
Cons
Late appointments
Great enviroment
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Soweto, Gauteng24 July 2019
It was a great company to work for. The Soweto branch that i worked in was the best, Great people and great management.we had flexible hours and achievable targets
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Clawbacks
Sales
Financial Adviser (Former Employee) –  Pinetown, KwaZulu-Natal23 July 2019
Sales of Products
: Advise Client on the Products Suitable For their Income
: Doing Presentations in Different Companies
Advising clients on which product is suitable for their family based on their salaries
Pros
Na
5,0
The productive is easy to get as oldmutual is a big company that has build a good realationship with its client
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Limpopo21 July 2019
Old mutual is a good company and I love the thing that the adversers always do team building to grow the company so that we can accomplish more client and business
Pros
If you meet your targets you get the opportunity to get vouchers
Cons
Going etxa miles only if you are passionate about your jo
2,0
natalandboukopperasie
help customers (Former Employee) –  vryheid19 July 2019
I love my job I love help customer at work I love workers and manager but no love criminal at work because the criminal was killed company and keep clean house
Pros
mass and pap
Cons
day shift and night
Very unfair pay rules
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mpumalanga18 July 2019
In 2019 old mutual has changed their advisors pay structure where they keep your money in their account for upto 3 months before they pay you for the work you have done. It's the only company I know of that does this. We do not have a say and we cannot survive or budget like this. Ridiculous as this is already a stressful job as it is.
3,0
Fun place and great energetic people
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brits16 July 2019
Working at old mutual comes with a lot of pressure,litlle support from management,if you don't reach a certain Target which escalates every month it's tough especially being in the field without a car is even a huge challenge,I wouldn't recommend for anyone without a car or needing security..otherwie is a great credible company which sells itself.
Pros
Free training at a luxury hotel
Cons
Commission
1,0
The most horrendous place to be employed is PFA
Old Mutual PFA (Former Employee) –  Drakensberg Garden, KwaZulu-Natal16 July 2019
Management and leadership are only concerned with climbing the ladder by belittling and undermining their advisors. They provide no support and in no way provide assistance and guidance for one to be successful as an Advisor.
Pros
Cons
Dreadful Leadershio
None. A slave driver
Was just an idiot (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng10 July 2019
None that is worthy to give. The management are a bunch of conspiratorial capitalist extortionists that are there to see for themselves only. There is no system in place to safeguard the employees interests as the management is so WHITE that they can still practice APARTHEID values and get away with it.
Pros
None.
Cons
Slave driven. And if the bosses need to cover themselves. They just fire u
financial advisor
Financial Adviser (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng10 July 2019
old mutual its a good company but the management its bad sometimes when it comes on treating the employees , it offers good benefits and fun it gives employee vibe and good times at work and feel like home.