Oracle Employee Reviews

Found 18 reviews matching the search See all 4 767 reviews
Challenging, Fast paced
Customer Support Services (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng14 September 2018
Excellent fast paced international IT company to work for with many opportunities to grow within the organisation and grow and learn new and current skills
Oracle could be better
Principal Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg North, Gauteng16 April 2018
Pros

Lots of training and development for employees.
Lots of opportunities to further career.
Great perks and beneifts
Remote working options

Cons

Limited to no salary increases
Weak R&D
Mangement not in tune with the workforce
5,0
Its a self service company and almost everything is automated
Graduate consulltant (Current Employee) –  South Africa, Woodmead Office18 October 2017
Great company to work for with a lot global exposure to business. Its a self service company and almost everything is automated. There is easy access to information and skills development
Productive and developmental
Oracle consultant (Current Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng18 September 2017
Great environment for learning and developing into an expert. The management is supportive and encourage self brand to evolve. Enjoying my time.

People are friendly and understand their products. They personally invested in their work.
Pros
Free certification.
Cons
Needs a person with strong entrepreneurial skills
Amazing Company to work for
Regional Customer Programs Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, South Africa16 April 2017
Oracle is an amazing company to make an everyday contribution to. Reporting lines are very clear and well established.
It has exciting prospects to travel and working in a virtual team has taught me a lot about different business cultures.
Pros
Subsidized meals in company caffeteria
Cons
Contractors have no benefits
Amazing Company to work for
BID OFFICE MANAGER / PA / ADMIN (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng10 March 2017
Amazing Company, full of advancement, training and morale building. Very diverse job role, fun and stimulating environment Wonderful Management Team. Great people. One big family
Pros
Great Canteen
good culture
Middleware & Business Analyst sales graduate (Former Employee) –  South Africa5 January 2017
Oracle is a fast paced company but one thing i love is the autonomy that the employees have and the ability to increase productivity by advocating freedom about working environment and just have one thing expected of the employee: output.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
sink or swim environment... but thats a pro as well depending how you put it
well
Graduate (BI presales consultant) (Former Employee) –  gauteng johannesburg26 September 2016
developind reports using oracle OBIEE and APEX was a wonderful experience.I had an opportunity to work under a mentored and learned a lot about oracle products.
Pros
using oracle BI
Cons
a lot to learn in a short time
Productive and fun
FMW Sales and Lead Account Manager for Eskom (Current Employee) –  Woodmead10 May 2016
I have learned my best sales methods in this company. On a typical day it's customer meetings, getting deal approvals from MEA, doing forecasts and updating pipeline.
I manage big accounts such as Eskom, MTN, Tiger brands, Multichoice and Telkom.
I manage the entire life cycle of the Eskom account.
The best part of my job is that I get to learn from different lines of business and collaborate internally to recognize the big wins.
I love being part of a bigger team but also appreciate my individual growth.
This job has taught me how to be a leader.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Growth
High pressure environment.
Oracle Systems, Territory Account Manager. (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng20 April 2016
I have learned a lot and I have met some really great guys at Oracle.

It is important for companies not to loose perspective that clients are ultimately people and business is done based on relationships with people... Especially in Africa.

Oracle currently has one of the largest and most exciting product portfolios and I believe that they will soon be a top contender on most lines of IT, including cloud.

Pros
Fantastic products
Cons
Competitiveness between LOBs causes mixed messaging.
Pays well
Advanced Customer Support Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Woodmead, Johannesburg3 August 2015
Extremely inwardly focussed
Complex processes to manage
Lots of scope for growth
Oracle is a sales organization therefore Management focus is to drives the numbers.
Every man for himself, god for us all. Very siloed.
Booking sales orders.
The thrill of seeing my commission check.
Pros
International Travel
Cons
Extremely Stressful
Relaxed work culture
Junior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg North, GP14 May 2015
Bridge the gab between university and corporate world. A mature organisation, ideal for the more experienced, and a sales driven organisation.
Pros
Mature organisation
Cons
Sales driven organisation
3,0
Productive but difficult region to manage
Project Co-ordinator - MEA (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP21 July 2014
# Long work days with difference in timezones
# Every day is a challenge
# Management is keen on improving my daily routine
# I work remotely
# Dealing with irate difficult customers
# Dealing with the different cultures and challenges
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Long Hours
1,0
Good learning environment
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WC12 February 2014
Oracle has been a fantastic learning experience for me especially as it was the fir IT OEM that I worked for. The staff have been great to work with and management are good, except for an unfortunate lack of understanding of Public Sector business.

Best part of the job in the fact that I could approach clients with confidence about the solutions I could offer, but contrary to that, execution of that was terrible and caused much unhappiness in the client base.

Marketing support has been terrible, often non-existent.

A typical day is one that is driven to achieve numbers as that is the be all and end all at Oracle.
Pros
Great solution set
Cons
Management understanding of the Public Sector and inability to deliver comprehensive solutions
An open environment
Graduate PreSales consultant (Former Employee) –  Woodmead, GP30 September 2013
Oracle is an organisation that has a very open environment. People are not secluded in their own little corners; you can speak to virtually anyone from the receptionist to the managers.

I would come in at work at 8h30, go to the canteen and have some breakfast with colleagues, after which I would go to my desk and start my day. I would have various tea breaks throughout the day where I would mingle and catch up with colleagues. Oracle has an open plan office which makes it quite easy to communicate and get to know your manager.

The best thing about this organisation is that people are very open to sharing their knowledge and information with you. There were a lot of information sessions and events that would enable the employees to get to know the organisation a bit more.
Pros
Canteen food was subsidized
Cons
No job security
grooms and develops
Facilities Team Assistant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP4 September 2013
you get so much assistance on a daily basis that grooms you and develops you as a person,i have been given initiative to do what is best for the team,my manager allows me to express myself and gives me the best support to achieve great results,my co-workers are a great team to work with, it gets tough when my technician is not available and i have to deal with a technical issues. i love this job,you feel in control and that boosts one's self esteem.
Pros
group lunches every end of financial year.
Cons
work from home
World Leader on Global scale
Principal Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg13 November 2012
Teamwork to ensure sales objectives are achieved and exceeded - driven by the numbers!
Pros
flexible working hours, work from home
Cons
world-wide enterprise with challenges to communicate effectively to all stakeholders.