Pangea Outsourcing Services

Pangea Outsourcing Services Employee Reviews in Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape

Great Working Hours
Online Teacher (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape5 September 2019
Pangea offers great opportunities to people who are looking for entry positions or graduates who want to gain work experience. My favourite part of the job was meeting new people from across the world. You get to meet with the quality assurance department who tells you what you are doing right and what you need to improve on, which means you get an opportunity to work on your weak points.
Pros
Set your own working hours, Gain Working experience, Fun/helpful Colleagues
Cons
No advancement opportunities
1,0
Rude and oppresive management with very little pay and long hours plus many deductions..
Past teacher (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape7 June 2018
Most employees not treated with the respect a working adult usually gets.No apparent labour relations.Salary is way too little.Rude extremely unprofessional management staff.Great friendly students being the only plus of the job as well as meeting fellow friendly teachers.High turn over of teaching staff due too poor salary;no benefits and rude management.
Pros
None.
Cons
Management and a very restricting contract.
Official response from Pangea Outsourcing Services
30 July 2018

Good day,

Thank you for taking time to share your review, we really appreciate your invaluable feedback. Please accept our sincere apologies that you were not treated with respect. I can assure you that this is not the working environment we want for our employees. Be assured that this will be addressed with the rest of the team.

Pangea tries to ensure that the working environment is positive through constant feedback from our teachers. The centre coach acts as the conduit between the teachers and management and this provides a platform for teachers to air out their concerns.

Regards,
Pangea Team

Foot in the door
ONLINE TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape19 April 2018
It was a good foot in the door to start my career in online teaching. Invaluable.
Alas, prospects and remuneration were poor, with long hours, no benefits.
Management were unfriendly and unhelpful. Often under or short paid for time and hours worked. Expect to work much overtime. Pay extremely low and neither market related..
Pros
A foot in the door. Good start will gain valuable experience.
Cons
long, unrewareded hours.
Official response from Pangea Outsourcing Services
30 July 2018

Good day,

I am glad that Pangea gave you a headstart in the teaching industry since you gained relevant teaching experience.

The salary is ideal for starting out in the marketplace and we recruit internally should there be open positions in other departments.

The hours are shift based and flexible therefore one is able to select shifts that suits their lifestyle and economic needs.

Regards,
Pangea Team

Great place
English online Faclilitator (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape12 September 2017
Reputation of key leaders
Admiration of products/services
Admiration of other company initiatives (marketing campaign, community involvement, training programs)
Company awards
Company management philosophy
Company values
Company positioning in market
Company growth/success
2,0
Fun workplace for a student
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape7 August 2017
The place is full or people who are still trying to find themselves and as a result most of the people are not every experienced in life and working. The nice thing about the place is that you are in control of the money that you make even though the remuneration is still very little for the amount of work that you have to do there. The most enjoyable part about the company is the fact that there are so many people that you get the opportunity to work with and the worst thing aboiut the job is the fact that the work is sometimes a little too much for the amount you get paid.
Pros
meeting people and work expreience
Cons
Work to pay ratio
3,0
Good benefits
On line English Teacher (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape12 November 2016
I enjoy teaching and interacting with my students. Pangea Outsourcing has helped me gain more experience and has provide training to aid me.
The great benefit was completing my 120 hour TEFL Certificate free of charge.
Pros
Tefl
Cons
Long hours, little pay
2,0
fun
online English teacher (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape29 September 2016
Amazing position.
teaching foreigners from different countries to speak fluent English online.
Grading students.
Teaching in groups.
Cons
hours was hectic. working graveyard shifts. There was always a problem with the salary.
Very productive in experience
On line teacher (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, South Africa23 March 2015
Always got there an hour before starting.
The biggest lesson learnt was that students are important no matter what level. You need to do all that you can to make them feel comfortable to open up , make mistakes ans learn from them. My motto " make mistakes as you learn from them "
Management is great like any company you will have differences as we are human.but I respect the title and therefor honour the person.
When the equipment is not up to date and you seem to come across as a third world idiot.
Meeting new students and having them choose you all the time and you hear how they develop. I had a student from Brazil that went to a conference in the USA and he came back saying he felt like an American because he could hold and maintain a conversation with the guest speakers.
Pros
Been able to teach