Pangea Outsourcing Services

Pangea Outsourcing Services Employee Reviews for Teacher

2,0
Fun workplace for a student
The place is full or people who are still trying to find themselves and as a result most of the people are not every experienced in life and working. The nice thing about the place is that you are in control of the money that you make even though the remuneration is still very little for the amount of work that you have to do there. The most enjoyable part about the company is the fact that there are so many people that you get the opportunity to work with and the worst thing aboiut the job is the fact that the work is sometimes a little too much for the amount you get paid.
Pros
meeting people and work expreience
Cons
Work to pay ratio
Poor pay, poor management
I worked at Pangea during weekends and took shifts durning the week sometimes when I had time. The management treats that place like a high school, they treat people like students and want to have control on what you eating, who you talking to, it’s ridiculous to say the least. You work lengthy hours for peanuts on top of that you have to work two months before you get your first salary. Enjoyed the actual job of teaching as the students were nice
Great Working Hours
Pangea offers great opportunities to people who are looking for entry positions or graduates who want to gain work experience. My favourite part of the job was meeting new people from across the world. You get to meet with the quality assurance department who tells you what you are doing right and what you need to improve on, which means you get an opportunity to work on your weak points.
Pros
Set your own working hours, Gain Working experience, Fun/helpful Colleagues
Cons
No advancement opportunities
1,0
Rude and oppresive management with very little pay and long hours plus many deductions..
Most employees not treated with the respect a working adult usually gets.No apparent labour relations.Salary is way too little.Rude extremely unprofessional management staff.Great friendly students being the only plus of the job as well as meeting fellow friendly teachers.High turn over of teaching staff due too poor salary;no benefits and rude management.
Pros
None.
Cons
Management and a very restricting contract.
Good day,

Thank you for taking time to share your review, we really appreciate your invaluable feedback. Please accept our sincere apologies that you were not treated with respect. I can assure you that this is not the working environment we want for our employees. Be assured that this will be addressed with the rest of the team.

Pangea tries to ensure that the working environment is positive through constant feedback from our teachers. The centre coach acts as the conduit between the teachers and management and this provides a platform for teachers to air out their concerns.

Foot in the door
It was a good foot in the door to start my career in online teaching. Invaluable.
Alas, prospects and remuneration were poor, with long hours, no benefits.

Management were unfriendly and unhelpful. Often under or short paid for time and hours worked. Expect to work much overtime. Pay extremely low and neither market related..
Pros
A foot in the door. Good start will gain valuable experience.
Cons
long, unrewareded hours.
Good day,

I am glad that Pangea gave you a headstart in the teaching industry since you gained relevant teaching experience.

The salary is ideal for starting out in the marketplace and we recruit internally should there be open positions in other departments.

The hours are shift based and flexible therefore one is able to select shifts that suits their lifestyle and economic needs.

1,0
I would say if your not smart its where dreams go to die
Pay is really low, and they make sure your score is low. They dont value employees, people don't stay. They always make mistakes when its comes to paying teachers. You need to always check your payslip keep record every month. They send about 3 or even more payslips before they pay you. Its just stressful.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional
Good day,

Thank you for your review, we really appreciate it. We understand your frustration regarding the payslips. However, we only send out two payslips, one preliminary and a final one. We do this to make sure that your pay, which is based on the number of classes you taught and the scores you achieved, is accurate. We have introduced a new payroll system recently that has essentially eliminated queries.

2,0
Fun people but a cruel system that devastates the worker
It's a fun job. Teaching online English to foreigners. However the company has made sure it is difficult to earn money. With a minimum pay so low it would lead to poverty and a maximum that barely scratches basic needs.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay and oppressive management
Good day,

I am glad that you enjoyed working at Pangea and that you had a lot of fun.

To earn more money, you can pick extra classes and ensure that you achieve high ratings. The in-centre trainer and centre coach are there to give you the support and pointers on how to be a 5 star teacher.

Productive and fun place
The job is very flexible provided you say things on time. It is a good learning experience and the managers are great people.
I have learned a great deal, time management, patience and how to multitask.
Pros
Flexibility
Productive and interactive
I start of the day checking my schedule and filling classes where I have gaps. I check my evaluation form students, I engage with other teachers and the centre management and assistants, I teach on the hour every hour with a 15 minute gap between every class. We discuss and teach a wide range of topics with the internet available to research and educate ourselves, the centre trains in T.E.L.F certification. The best part of the job is the rewarding interaction between student and teachers, the hardest part is the technical difficulties and transparency between management and teacher.
Pros
Convenient working times
Cons
Very low salary structure
Very productive in experience
Always got there an hour before starting.
The biggest lesson learnt was that students are important no matter what level. You need to do all that you can to make them feel comfortable to open up , make mistakes ans learn from them. My motto " make mistakes as you learn from them "

Management is great like any company you will have differences as we are human.but I respect the title and therefor honour the person.

When the equipment is not up to date and you seem to come across as a third world idiot.

Meeting new students and having them choose you all the time and you hear how they develop. I had a student from Brazil that went to a conference in the USA and he came back saying he felt like an American because he could hold and maintain a conversation with the guest speakers.
Pros
Been able to teach