Pangea Outsourcing Services

Pangea Outsourcing Services Employee Review

View all Pangea Outsourcing Services reviews

I enjoyed working for Pangea, unfortunately I was not able to live on the salary I received.
ONLINE ENGLISH TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape5 May 2016
I would get to the office, greet my colleagues., log on to the systems we work with and see the classes I have for the day.

I would read through the work material and prepare for the lessons I would have to give.

Working for Pangea taught me a lot of patience; because I would have to teach different students who were at different levels with their understanding of the English language; having them in the same class and trying to let them build each other's confidence was amazing.

The management style was impressive. I would get to have a meeting with my team and discuss what methods work for them, and how I could improve on my weaknesses. My manager would allow me to record 2 lessons a week and we would have a coaching session with how to make my classes more interesting and blend more with my style.

The colleagues I had were great, as I enjoyed going to work everyday as the level of cohesion was fantastic.

The hardest part of my job was having a 1-on1 lesson with a person who would not want to be taught by a black person. That would really be difficult, because when there is a group lesson you do not see each other and that is how students would choose a teacher for their style, then when a Skype lesson was on, the student being disappointed of my colour.

The most enjoyable part of my job was always learning something new. Whenever I had a student aske me where an idiom comes from, I would aske the classmates to guess; while in the meantime I would find out on Google where it came from.
Pros
Dealing with different cultures in the same lesson, and discovering how similar cultures actually are.
Cons
I would make sure that I would have to use English that would be suitable for students' levels

Other Pangea Outsourcing Services Employee Reviews

Open environment
TEFL ONLINE ENGLISH TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape9 February 2020
Great experience with a chance to interact with other professionals from different backgrounds. Working hours are flexible to suit your availability and great employee support.
Great colleagues and clients
Teacher/Educator (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape3 January 2020
Good to learn how to teach English online to foreign nationals, the problem was when there were technical problems, the teacher got penalized for these while the problem was not his. The salary rate is awfully low, you end up having to do more classes (double shifts) just to keep up with the cost of living.
The enjoyable part was meeting new students online and being able to help them with their English conversation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pangea Outsourcing Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2,8