Pangea Outsourcing Services

Pangea Outsourcing Services Employee Review

View all Pangea Outsourcing Services reviews

Unfair incentives
Online English Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape15 April 2019
I have been working at Pangea on weekends full time and pick up shifts when available during the week.My scored are above 4.85 most of the time.Pangea has an incentive system to pay $50 to all teachers with an avaerage of 4.85 provided they teach a cerain number of hrs and they dont have any issues like complains, Teacher Lates and TSPs. I find it disturbing that I never got that award and I put my all in what I do. I know its sounds petty but its happening to many as well. Whats more strange is you see certain teachers whose names are always on the winners list but they scores might even be lower or equal to yours without any teacher lates or even other funny excuses they give for not rewarding you.

With a ridiculous pay structure I think the least they can do is to be fair interms of they incentive system
Pros
Opportunity to get a job easily due to high turnover🤷🏻‍♀️
Cons
I can spend the whole day typing but its a pathetic company
Official response from Pangea Outsourcing Services
3 May 2019

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback. Well done on achieving high scores. Keep up the great work.

You are referring to the Top Performer award system that rewards the Top 20 high scoring teachers every month. Having an average score above 4.85 is but one of the criteria, you also need to have no penalties incurred in the month and have a clean disciplinary record. If you did not get a reward, then you did not meet all of the criteria.

Regards,

Pangea Team

Other Pangea Outsourcing Services Employee Reviews

Open environment
TEFL ONLINE ENGLISH TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape9 February 2020
Great experience with a chance to interact with other professionals from different backgrounds. Working hours are flexible to suit your availability and great employee support.
Great colleagues and clients
Teacher/Educator (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape3 January 2020
Good to learn how to teach English online to foreign nationals, the problem was when there were technical problems, the teacher got penalized for these while the problem was not his. The salary rate is awfully low, you end up having to do more classes (double shifts) just to keep up with the cost of living.
The enjoyable part was meeting new students online and being able to help them with their English conversation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pangea Outsourcing Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2,8